Ill throw one out there...

Brandon Ellis

Why?

He is well liked by his team mates
He is a vocal member in the team
He is a player slightly down on confidence
He is a player with huge upside
He is a player integral to our success

He's only missed a handful of games in his career and while he has had some down form, he has shown the best form of any draft pick since Martin.

The alternative is Vlastuin but I don't think he is vocal enough.
I get that you're thinking outside the box. I'm trying to do the same.
I think its hard for an outside player to be Captain. They need a level of hardness to lead by example on the field. Brandon is arguably the most outside player we have, also panics with his disposal.
Could Captaincy turn this around? Maybe, but probably not.

I think that's partially a reason we brought in Prestia. But I wouldn't imagine him taking over as captain straightaway.
Maybe after playing a year and earning the respect of the playing group.

Wouldnt even mind the idea of co captains in caddy and Prestia if they both Play well this year. From the interviews they both seem well spoken and focussed individuals and I think would make great leaders.
It also makes a great story 2 friends from juniour footy going to the gold coast together and end up being co captains of a footy club.

Cotchin isnt a captain or leaders a-hole. Our only leader is vlastuin. He is probably too young.
Id bite the bullet and make him captain and make him play mid all year.
Make him or ruin him.
Seems to me he has more resolve than cotch and would eat it as a challenge.
Think richmond are to soft to change issues like our lackmod leadership with a massive move. Probably why we haven't won a flag for so long.
Keep going on the medicore cruise. Toot toot
The captain needs to be able to communicate well, Vlaustin doesn't.

Man crush aside - Obvious choice for me would be Caddy, just not this year.
- Speaks well in the media and in general
- inside mid
- Showed up to preseason early
- came from a good club (who I wish to become a rabble this season)

We'll see how his performances go this upcoming season, but I feel he will be one to take that next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the three - Jack.

Outside the box - Dusty. Serious.

If he had more confidence speaking and in the media he would be a great option.
Always gives his all for the jumper. Hope his contract extension gets sorted asap.

Always gives his all for the jumper. Hope his contract extension gets sorted asap.

Shopped himself around including a visit to gws before signing his last contract, not a great precedent to encouraging.
Whilst he is unfortunately never to far away from negative media.

Maybe not as captain but reckon he should be in the leadership group now. One of those guys who might respond even more if given a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shopped himself around including a visit to gws before signing his last contract, not a great precedent to encouraging.
Whilst he is unfortunately never to far away from negative media.

Shopped himself did he? Interesting.

Jack is way to petulant.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Not any more I would say plus would definitely reign it in with the honour and responsibility.
Would love him leading the club - would give great pre-game rev ups.

Cotchin will be captain and viewed totally differently with proper inside midfield support and coaches with an attacking mindset, rather then stop and prop then kick sideways, backwards anything but forwards.

Cotchin will be captain and viewed totally differently with proper inside midfield support and coaches with an attacking mindset, rather then stop and prop then kick sideways, backwards anything but forwards.

i want to believe this, i really do. but we have been making up excuses for him for a few years now as to why he wasnt able to flourish as a captain. despite playing finals in 3 of those years.

when all the hoo-ha was going on in another thread about his captaincy and i asked whether he had been appointed for 2017 and was assured he had been.

didn't think that was accurate at the time.

unfortunately there is no standout as an alternative.

lets not mistake, best player, when in fact it should be best leader,appoint the guy who has natural leadership qualitys, doesn,t have to be our best player or even top 5.

Back