News Brownlow Cotchy no guarantee to be captain in 2017

Who should be captain in 2017?

• Rance

• Cotchin

• Riewoldt

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 game in about 100
A comment from me from about a year ago, so not including 2016.

"Just happened to be going through close Richmond games for the last 3 years.
I regard close as being within a goal either way, with around half a quarter left at least.

Richmond had won 8, lost 5 that got brownlow votes (So another 2 losses with finals).
In the 8 wins Cotchin polled in all 8 games with 2s and 3s for 20/24 possible Brownlow votes.
In the 5 losses Cotchin polled 2 in 2 of them for 4/15 possible votes.

So yeh I would say the whole he never stands stand up in close games is a bit of bs."

Looking at that, the issue is not that Cotch is a s**t captain, but he had 0 ******* support.

A comment from me from about a year ago, so not including 2016.

"Just happened to be going through close Richmond games for the last 3 years.
I regard close as being within a goal either way, with around half a quarter left at least.

Richmond had won 8, lost 5 that got brownlow votes (So another 2 losses with finals).
In the 8 wins Cotchin polled in all 8 games with 2s and 3s for 20/24 possible Brownlow votes.
In the 5 losses Cotchin polled 2 in 2 of them for 4/15 possible votes.

So yeh I would say the whole he never stands stand up in close games is a bit of bs."
not good enough

give it to someone who will do it better

You wont write a 1 sentence comment, but you will write 2 to tell someone where the original was. #****logic

How hard is it to read page 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I truly believe that Cotchin's role has to be redefined and played less as a battering ram

Whilst we will still want him inside the midfield getting the ball , we really need to play him outside more this year and he needs to get more mtrs from his disposals and become more damaging.

Its way too easy for teams to negate his influence if he is always under the packs and having to do the 1-2 whilst getting the ball free
He will have alot more help this year with Caddy,Prestia and hopefully Vlastuin spending more time in the middle

Cotchin will have a better year and become more influential as a captain in this role

i would rather Rance be captain than Cotch, not because Cotch is not a good player or Captain, just that he should play without that extra pressure. He clearly is not a live and die footballer. he considers his outside life more important and this is a job for him. (thats not a bag on him, i think its good that he can separate personal and football life, it means that he can operate normally - look at Cousins to see what happens when you dont have a life outside of football)

i think the pressure is something that he could do without, and Rance seems to be someone that can take on that extra responsibility without it affecting his performance. Jack is too heart on your sleeve type to take the job.

i know they are looking at blooding Vlastuin in the future, but unless he starts to dominate a bit, i cant see him being a best 22 in the next 5 years.
I can see someone like Graham becoming a future leader, but we need to draft in a player who oozes captains material, and we haven't seen that in a while.

i would rather Rance be captain than Cotch, not because Cotch is not a good player or Captain, just that he should play without that extra pressure. He clearly is not a live and die footballer. he considers his outside life more important and this is a job for him. (thats not a bag on him, i think its good that he can separate personal and football life, it means that he can operate normally - look at Cousins to see what happens when you dont have a life outside of football)

i think the pressure is something that he could do without, and Rance seems to be someone that can take on that extra responsibility without it affecting his performance. Jack is too heart on your sleeve type to take the job.

i know they are looking at blooding Vlastuin in the future, but unless he starts to dominate a bit, i cant see him being a best 22 in the next 5 years.
I can see someone like Graham becoming a future leader, but we need to draft in a player who oozes captains material, and we haven't seen that in a while.
I think Rance is exactly like Cotch ie his outside life is more important.

Back