that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Surely ONE could show it live? That is the whole point of a sports channel. When ONE was launched they promised WA viewers that when something is shown live in the east, we would get it live in the west. Looks like that has changed.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Heck, even Seven showed it live last year on their HD channel (Although it was a last minute change and they told no-one about it).

No excuses either. The Brownlow is not on the anti-siphoning list.

I can understand delaying it on Ten to maximise ratings and crap, but that is why they have ONE, to show it live!!!:rolleyes:

Complete and utter bullsh!t! I remember hearing about what you are talking about of when ONE came in and they made all these "too good to be true" promises to WA viewers just before I moved over east.
For one of the very few times since I have moved, I can count my lucky stars I will get the chance to see it live here.
Hopefully Ten/ONE pull their fingers out and make a change, I mean, they would rather put on a delay of a Twenty/20 Champions Cricket match, (which is on delay of about 18 hours instead), followed by a repeat of the earlier Sports Tonight shown on Ten, and some car event unveiling, I mean wtf?!?
Hopeless.
A bit of tweaking could easily fit it in live.
You should be able to grab a stream online, but as we all know, that's not the point! And an event like this is always 100x better to view in the comfort of your living room in front of the TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I think I've found why- it's rated PG.

For some silly reason (the same reason that Thursday Night Live is delayed into WA) on FTA TV (including multichannels) there can only be G programming on FTA TV between 4pm and 7pm.

As to why 7HD could broadcast live into WA last year is I'd say that it was G last year and PG this year.

The reason for the change from G to PG I'd say is most likely to be Fevola's foolish antics last year.

Pretty peeved - didn't read today's West or see the early posts that it was on Fox. I Just happened to turn on Fox and tune in to Mainevent at 7pm and it was up to Round 8..!! Oh well got to see the rest of it live.

One to remember for next year - Sport FM (91.3) was reading out the votes in Perth as they were being aired on TV in the east.

I was able to find out the winner two hours before it was on TV! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back