Game Day Brownlow Discussion Thread - Congratulations Dusty

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually rate Bruce as one of the best commentators. He does get a bit excited when Cyril lights it up but generally does a good job without bias. Handled a tough interview with Dusty well.
I actually do agree with this, or at least used to, but what he has become in the box now with the environment created by channel 7 is a bit sad.

For an experienced broadcaster, Bruce really is a shitful interviewer. Dustin was giving him body language cues for the second half of that excuse for an interview that he was either too ignorant or stupid to pick up on, or just didn't care.

Anyway Dusty, congrats! You deserved it! Go Tigers!!
I would have to say the opposite. Facilitating debriefs with school groups and having done a bit public speaking I was really impressed with his follow on questioning and what content he managed to draw from Dusty. A lot of interviewers just give up because they feel uncomfortable. He did really well if you re-watch and look at it professionally, you can see he is experienced. It's not disjoint interviewing and also drawing attention to the fact the interviewee is not comfortable with speaking and making a facilitated light laugh out of it actually helps loosen up the person your interviewing if done right and allows them to actually feel more comfortable with not being great at public speaking. I'm not a Bruce fan but I appreciated that interview and the situation he was in.

Can someone answer me this, why did C7 get Daisy Pearce to talk to Danger with 1 round to go like he was still a chance to win, he was ineligible FFS. He shouldnt have even been put on the leaders board let alone spoken too.
Exactly. She asked him "What are you thinking?" Danger actually looked like he was thinking, "You do know I can't win, don't you?" About half an hour earlier she said, "Game on", when the two of them had drawn level. Is she really that stupid?

Exactly. She asked him "What are you thinking?" Danger actually looked like he was thinking, "You do know I can't win, don't you?" About half an hour earlier she said, "Game on", when the two of them had drawn level. Is she really that stupid?
If it wasnt for Dusty i wouldn't have watched last night, it was actually a terrible telecast and the less said about the mark of the year the better, needs to be taken out of the publics hands, plus the lack of round highlights was terrible, as someone wrote last night they seemed to only show the C7 games and not the foxtel ones.

Congrats to Dusty, the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour!!!

But seriously, P Cripps 3 votes against us, get the **** outta here!!!!!!
We seem to be the only club who can win a game yet the 3 votes went to the losing team, happened twice to us but i cant recall if it happened to any other club.

We seem to be the only club who can win a game yet the 3 votes went to the losing team, happened twice to us but i cant recall if it happened to any other club.

Mate I was thinking the exact thing last night, 100% spot on. We could smash teams every week and somehow an oppo player will manage to get a vote at worst, sucks the fun out cause if we smashed a team, how can an oppo player have contributed enough to get a vote.

I remember a few years ago when Collingwood smashed Carlton and Judd got 3 votes for it, weird s**t man!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasnt for Dusty i wouldn't have watched last night, it was actually a terrible telecast and the less said about the mark of the year the better, needs to be taken out of the publics hands, plus the lack of round highlights was terrible, as someone wrote last night they seemed to only show the C7 games and not the foxtel ones.
Every year, Ch7 manage to produce an even worse Brownlow telecast than the year before. Really, really amateurish. Terrible highlights packages (what the f**k is it with those multi camera angles for the one piece of play? It looks f**king terrible!), presenters who've clearly never done it before, voice overs that were probably thought to be funny, but instead were just cringe worthy, and interviewers who were complete and utter morons (apart from Bruce). Even the front bar segment was pointless and forgettable.

Ah Seven, you've done it again. Now we just have to wait until they pat themselves on the back and tell us all what a great telecast it was.

Every year, Ch7 manage to produce an even worse Brownlow telecast than the year before. Really, really amateurish. Terrible highlights packages (what the f**k is it with those multi camera angles for the one piece of play? It looks f**king terrible!), presenters who've clearly never done it before, voice overs that were probably thought to be funny, but instead were just cringe worthy, and interviewers who were complete and utter morons (apart from Bruce). Even the front bar segment was pointless and forgettable.

Ah Seven, you've done it again. Now we just have to wait until they pat themselves on the back and tell us all what a great telecast it was.
Watching Bont present the award in that mono tone voice was sooooooo cringe and that chick he was with the lame joke to Daniher about hitting his head on the roof of Etihad. Plus Ablett has some comp with the shiniest head along with Daisy Pearce forehead!!!!

Highlights seemed to be mostly 'falcons' and guys getting hit in the nuts!

Couldn't resist.
My CC is getting hit big time this month but well worth it.lol
FC-B919-8232-E7CFBE3FFA917637S5071-AFL-2017-Dustin-Martin-Brownlow-Panograph.jpg

It was shithouse and the fact the Gil was putting the Geelong game second last in the round counting when Danger was ineligible showed how stupid they were, they were treating Danger like he was eligible and that is not how they have done it in years past where a suspended player is an afterthought in the counting, and in fact Dusty did win in a canter and not the 3 votes people keep trotting out because Dangers votes were null and void.

Watching Bont present the award in that mono tone voice was sooooooo cringe and that chick he was with the lame joke to Daniher about hitting his head on the roof of Etihad. Plus Ablett has some comp with the shiniest head along with Daisy Pearce forehead!!!!
Daisy Pearce is awful.

I actually thought Danger handled her really well. You could tell he was thinking what is this chick on about, she does know I'm no chance right.

How did he not finish top 3 in the Age player of the year. Just laughable. Needs to be a Royal Commission into this..
Zero credibility. I haven't had a look, but let's see if I can guess...

P. Dangerfield (clear #2)
T. Mitchell (tons of the ball, not very damaging)
Z. Merrett (most outside player in the comp)

I actually thought Danger handled her really well. You could tell he was thinking what is this chick on about, she does know I'm no chance right.
Spot on. Not a good example when the league boss seemed to think that Danger could actually win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back