Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't win a sausage this year with an $80 outlay. Got let down by Barlow not polling as well as I'd hoped, and Green not really coming close for the dees (should have picked Boyd in my multi instead :().

Definitely going to contribute from the start of the season next year and put in a lot more effort!

Well done to everyone who had a big win - hopefully it'll be my turn again next year :cool:

I assume you guys are all big gamblers usually? I love betting on the Brownlow but could never dare to part with more than $20 total.

its the only even you can do research and bet on after its finished, i dont bet too much, only on the horses about 50 on a saturday or so, but go big on the brownlow because if there is enough research done you basically cant lose

its the only even you can do research and bet on after its finished, i dont bet too much, only on the horses about 50 on a saturday or so, but go big on the brownlow because if there is enough research done you basically cant lose

Totally agree!!!!!!!!!! we like to call it CALCULATED GAMBLING!!!!!!!!! I still cannot beleive what just happened last night. We picked 16 out of 16 Team Leaders...... It pays to watch every game boys..

Totally agree!!!!!!!!!! we like to call it CALCULATED GAMBLING!!!!!!!!! I still cannot beleive what just happened last night. We picked 16 out of 16 Team Leaders...... It pays to watch every game boys..

WOW SHAMWOW, day off work today? conticki tour tomorrow. You and your mate must be flying high

For picking 15 of 16 winners I didnt do as well as I would have liked. Still picked up a nice $14,000 for a $1000 outlay...really should have been more.

Disappointed in J Reiwoldt probably should have known better thoiugh

Thanks to everyone for helping make this threag such a great thread. Hopefully have more time over next year to contribute more

Ended up on top by about 350% but have to say I'm a bit disappointed that none of my roughies got up (pendles/jack/swallow). First time betting on the brownlow and it was great. Will definitely be doing my own tally next year. BK and the other knowledgable posters probably don't read this thread but if you are, cheers guys. Never said anything throughout the year as I had nothing important to contribute but I'll definitely be more active next year.

Ended up on top by about 350% but have to say I'm a bit disappointed that none of my roughies got up (pendles/jack/swallow). First time betting on the brownlow and it was great. Will definitely be doing my own tally next year. BK and the other knowledgable posters probably don't read this thread but if you are, cheers guys. Never said anything throughout the year as I had nothing important to contribute but I'll definitely be more active next year.:thumbsu:

Won about $2500 from $250 outlay Davey scared the s**t outta me and would been another 2k had he not drawn... Didnt touch Richmond and should have included Hayes but all in all great night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow is clearly different to normal sports betting. It is the only thing that you can bet on that has already happened. Now I just have to somehow wait another 12 months to destroy the TAB again. Great to hear everyone did so well around here.

On the multi debate I can't see the TAB not doing it again next year. They would have made heaps of money from last night. Swan was $1.60 or around that for a reason because they had ridiculous amounts of money on him (as well as swan/pies doubles which they have also won). The average punter would have lost last night and that's where the TAB make all their money. The regular punters have accounts with various agencies but the joe blow that bets on the brownlow and melbourne cup etc always goes to the TAB. They would have made heaps last night even though a small group of us made some very nice profits

I have to disagree.

The TAB would not group all of their Brownlow markets together blindly and simply be happy to have made a profit. They will analyse each market type individually and most likely realise that they did poorly (and may have even lost a fair bit) from most-team-vote multis.

Now whether they make the decision not to offer them next year probably comes down to whether they made a profit or loss on them, and that is something we won't know until next year! But they will definitely be aware that they (a) got very lucky with Swan, and (b) don't make as much on most-team-vote multis as they do on other BL markets.

I have to disagree.

The TAB would not group all of their Brownlow markets together blindly and simply be happy to have made a profit. They will analyse each market type individually and most likely realise that they did poorly (and may have even lost a fair bit) from most-team-vote multis.

Now whether they make the decision not to offer them next year probably comes down to whether they made a profit or loss on them, and that is something we won't know until next year! But they will definitely be aware that they (a) got very lucky with Swan, and (b) don't make as much on most-team-vote multis as they do on other BL markets.

Agree with that. They may be happy with a healthy net profit thanks to Judd winning, but they may also see how much more they could have made if they hadn't offered multis. With the amount of money people on here winning (and this could just be the tip of the iceberg) through the team multis, I feel that there is still a strong chance that they may decide to scrap them next time around. Especially if people like BK rake in 6/7 figures! :thumbsu:

I have to disagree.

Yeah I agree, I seriously doubt they would have made much if any money at all on the team-vote market. I do wonder however if this has brought them a lot more traffic then usual which has seen money splashed elsewhere which could make it worth it. I guess for us we can only hope...

$3763.50 from a $200 outlay. Would have been double if Sylvia polled one more vote but I'm really not in a position to complain. Stoked :thumbsu:

I transferred the money out of my TAB account straight after the Brownlow by EFT, received it in my bank account this morning :thumbsu:

Setting up EFT is very straight forward if you had set up your account and filled in the forms in person at the TAB

Ablett is certain IMHO. Can see him polling 20+ in the first 11 games..he was destroying every team he played with 35+ touches and a few goals a game.

I'll be taking the $2.25 and chucking a bit on that. Hodge will get about 15 or so votes. I do like Chappy tho just as a hedge, he plays very very well in the 1st 11, you'd have to take the 'other player' option @ $51 as they don't have him in the market.

but like I said, Ablett to get it easy :thumbsu:

Just would like to say to you: I told you so. Hope you learn your lesson for next years brownlow and dont judge the votes that you give based on stats alone. You will end up with an absolutely rubbish skewed tally(like Ablett to be on a possible 20 votes at halfway mark). And for the record - clangers and stats aside, Sam Mitchell polled 2 votes in the round 2 Hawks vs Cats game. Ablett ended with the 1.

Congrats to all those who won on the medal this year! Hope you enjoy your earnings to the fullest.

Just would like to say to you: I told you so. Hope you learn your lesson for next years brownlow and dont judge the votes that you give based on stats alone. You will end up with an absolutely rubbish skewed tally(like Ablett to be on a possible 20 votes at halfway mark). And for the record - clangers and stats aside, Sam Mitchell polled 2 votes in the round 2 Hawks vs Cats game. Ablett ended with the 1.

Congrats to all those who won on the medal this year! Hope you enjoy your earnings to the fullest.

Although DT_35 obviously based his votes on stats alone I have my own Supercoach/Brownlow predictor which uses the 3-2-1 votes from Supercoach scores to Brownlow votes. It turned very accurate apart from a few, very obvious kinks in the system which were never a chance and will be ironed out next year (Stanton, McDonald, Betts and a few others). Having your own Brownlow count from watching the games is obviously the best way to predict votes but having a stats based system along side is very beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back