Brownlow Medal 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite unhappy that both of the teams I picked wrong were the ones I needed the most to come through. Even 1 of them would have been fine for a decent payout.

You live and you learn I guess! Looking forward to discussing next year's medal in detail :)

Cracked it at the TAB machine when they'd hit liability limit on my most team votes multis (tried $30 on at about $20 - last year I won $450 from $30 including a dead heat). Chucked $10 each on Judd to win group and Gray to win Port in the end. Don't remember who was in Judd's group but either way I'm up...

I've done my phantom brownlow taking into consideration Disposal efficency, contested possestion, tackes, clearances, inside 50 entries, score assists and score and have put over 50-60 hours into study, watching highlights, reviewing games etc for the fact of the team vote multi option from last year which I'm now gutted to find out wont be an option and I don't have 10k to put 10 different 1k single team leader bets on otherwise i would!

Here is what I have come up with, I'll only put top 3 from each club

ADEL
Thompson 22 Van Berlo 7 Sloane 4
Bris
Black 11 Rockliff(sneaky chance)10 Redden 4
Carl
Judd 28 Murphy 25 Gibbs 13
Coll
Swan 29 Pendlebury 26 Thomas 18
Ess
Watson 18 Stanton 8 Zaharakis 6
Fre
Fyfe 15 Pavlich 9 Mundy 7
Gee
Selwood*20 Corey 13 Johnson 12
Haw
Mitchell*32 Franklin 16 Hodge 16
Gold
Ablett 17 Rischetelli 7 Brennan 3
Kang
Swallow 16 Goldstein 9 Wells 9
Melb
Moloney 21 Sylvia 7 Martin 5
Port
Westhoff 4 Gray 3 Boak 3 Schultz 3
Syd
Goodes 26 Bolton 16 OKeefe 10
Stk
Dal Santo 23 Goddard 13 Montagna 13
Rich
Cotchin 15 Martin 13 Nahas 6
Wbull
Boyd 28 Griffen 11 Cross 8
WCE
Priddis 23 Cox 22 Shewy 14

Which concludes the brownlow for 2011
Mitchell 32*
Swan 29
Judd/Boyd 28
Pendlebury/Goodes 26
Murphy 25
Priddis/Dal Santo 23
Thompson/Cox 22
Moloney 21

Votes could go 2 or 3 either way for each player none of us are umpires so I come up with this following
Best bets for value I have $1000 to spend
$20 on each of the following Quin
Swan/Judd Swan/Boyd($67-1) Judd/Boyd Swan/Pendlebury Boyd/Pendlebury Swan/Murphy Boyd/Murphy Judd/Murphy

Top 3 $250 on each Boyd/Swan

$100 Westhoff to win Port Adelaide
a cheeky $20 on Rockliff to win Bris
$220 on Fyfe to win Fre

gee i was just about spot on a few weeks back ;)

Had money on swan to win and most of my multis contained him for collingwood most votes along with cotchin. So very happy too bad cox lost otherwise i would've been up alot but oh well still made a handy profit.

Pendles getting up for most votes at the halfway point made it a great night for me. Also had a bit of money on Priddis, Fyfe, Cotch and Selwood to win their respective counts. Westhoff and Murphy missing out cost me a huge night.

fair effort that footystar.

thanks mate, i done my acl this year in footy and due to not being able to train or play i decided to put all my time into studying the games, reviewing each match. i had $100 on a dane swan brownlow/coll gee quin gf/novak jokavic us open winner/franklin coleman i got that at $57-1 :) and i got a few sportsbet 5 leg multis :)

Anyone know what the Swan/Dal quinella would've paid? I know it's at least $101, probably even $201, as I was looking at Swan/Murphy earlier and that was $81, and ended up going Swan Judd at $10, ugh.

no need to quote an incorrect post just to make yourself look good mate

i doubt you made a cent tonight either, as all you do is lurk whirlpool and bigfooty taking peoples tips, continue to struggle at life.

well done baywatch

have fun without me boys, this place is about to turn into a library

I doubled up this year and only put my bets down today, but didn't have much at stake anyway

I only found out through my housemate 15 minutes before the count that the TAB had opened multis, so I managed to get in: A. Swallow, Priddis, Cotchin, Gray, Fyfe which had odds of $26 and got me over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although it was only a small bet $-wise, I recall being flamed for my Bock tip for most GC votes without Ablett at odds of 10s. Managed to get a chop :)

I'll be your bookie baywatch.

Will stick to the private forum brah.

GL with swan...

how bout you go back to sbr and post all your plays when not one person replied to your thread

there is a reason why you are getting these prices on these players now, you must have been living under a rock the last few years to not realise how easy the brownlow has become to make money on.. if you actually had any ****ing clue, you would have been ready to place your bets as soon as the markets came out.

fading the public may work for American Sports, but lol at you attempting to do it for the brownlow.

what were your bets last year?

Swan to win, Goddard to place

even your write up is poor
I see Dane polling around 7 best on ground maximum 3 vote games this year. A lot more than the 2 best on grounds he received last year. And with Collingwood winning all but 2 games he is sure to feature in most.
i wonder how many Best ons you gave him last year

i did actually, as did alot of us, i also had him half way leader, the Quinella, and lets not start with team multies.

i have all the favourites covered for good collects, so i am not really fussed who wins, although Pendlebury/Murphy are the best collects, if i had to pick one player though now, it would be Goodes from Judd, from Pendlebury. My count can't split these 3, and as it has been done week to week, with the matches fresh in my mind, i am confident i havn't overrated Goodes late season form, as most seem to think has occurred.

Swan wouldn't make my top 6.

as for my bets, too many to name, although i am against you in NDS vs Cox @ 1.90, there is one

didn't have a cent on him last year, has less chance this year so no he is not covered

doubt anyone has covered him

Big winner with Swan :thumbsu:

Don't really need to say much as I'm guessing you boys will stick to your Private forum :rolleyes:

It's amazing what happens when you get your head out your ass and actually listen to the opinions of others instead of constantly bagging! We are all here to make a dollar :D

Congrats to all those who picked a winner tonight :thumbsu:

i doubt you made a cent tonight either, as all you do is lurk whirlpool and bigfooty taking peoples tips, continue to struggle at life.

well done baywatch

Cheer Twarby :thumbsu:

You are the only one to man up to earlier comments. Good on you mate :thumbsu:
As I said to you earlier Umpires are strange creatures.....

I'm sure I'll clash with you again around the boards :)

I reckon i made about 5 posts imploring people to back Swan for tonight, this was my biggest night ever on the Brownlow & i hope plenty of others on here had a good crack at the winner.

a very, very satisfied woofer.....

Anyone remember who was in the finishers group B on Centrebet (ie the one without Franklin). SJ, Petrie, Kennedy, Milne ???????

I reckon i made about 5 posts imploring people to back Swan for tonight, this was my biggest night ever on the Brownlow & i hope plenty of others on here had a good crack at the winner.

a very, very satisfied woofer.....

im a happy man had plenty on swan mate but spuwwin had $50 on a swan/boyd quin only to see boyd not poll in the round 7 clash against freo wtf? cost me another 3k

Big LOL to Twarby what a twat! couldnt have been more wrong if you tried mate.... oh well guess thats what you get flaming everyone!
Enjoy your time away buddy

Broke even tonight had Fyfe and cotchin
Loaded pendlebury top 5

Stuffed goodes top 5 tho :thumbsdown:

well done baywatch

Good to see you have a dig in your goodbye post. Are you taking your lap dog with you? Or is he staying here still pretending to be a mod? Hopefully he wont sit by the door pining for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back