Opinion Brownlow Medal 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2007
Tough as Nuts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood, Glenelg, East Side Hawks
It's widely believed that Dusty Martin has the Brownlow Medal sewn up for this year. With the awards night coming tomorrow night, who do we think might get the closest to knocking him off the perch (whether they actually do or not)? Also, who do people think might be the top vote getters for each club?

Next year is M Crouch year. This year I think he’ll poll poorly in first half of season. Expect Sloane to be right up there until midway point.

Are any Crows players actually going?
Agree. I think he'll end up on maybe 15-18 votes with Sloane getting the majority in the first half of the year.

Things I would love to see tonight;

1) Danger to win by a single vote only to be ineligible and hand the medal over
2) The Crouch boys combine to have 40+ votes
3) Tom Mitchell to not even finish top 10 in the votes (People forget they lost 11 games which will hurt him)
4) Eddie to win his 3rd consecutive Goal of the Year award
5) Someone going full Fevola again! I know he was real bad, but dear god was he entertaining!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions.

1: Dusty 34 votes
2: Danger 33 votes
3: Sloane 26 votes
4: Mitchell 25 votes
5: Kelly 23 votes

Crows votes

1: Sloane 26 votes
2: M.Crouch 21 votes
3: Walker 11 votes
4: Jacobs 10 votes
5: Laird: 9 votes

Basically need two breakout years in a row to win a brownlow. Crouch has zero chance but only because the umpires vote on big names.

He also chats back at them a lot. That isn't considered very favourably by the umpires. Hence why it took years before Thommo was finally given the votes he deserved (in the year that the drug assisted cheat got the highest votes)

A 2nd medal has been struck and delivered down to Adelaide.
Obviously just covering bases but
Hmmmm

That was done in the past for when West Coast and Sydney stayed back in their home cities prior to play in a GF - but yes, no matter what they say about them not knowing about the votes beforehand...

oZ8aJ.gif

Hopefully Danger gets the most votes but has to hand Dusty the medal....

Would top off a great weekend for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I know I'm a prick on the banter thread, but I genuinely love your club and what they stand for. The only team I'll tolerate beating us for the premiership is Adelaide. Will hurt a little less, more than footy for Jacobs and Walsh, and judas Dangerfield.

I do hope he wins by a single vote too. Will go straight to the Geelong board (actually hate them)

I know I'm a prick on the banter thread, but I genuinely love your club and what they stand for. The only team I'll tolerate beating us for the premiership is Adelaide. Will hurt a little less, more than footy for Jacobs and Walsh, and judas Dangerfield.

I do hope he wins by a single vote too. Will go straight to the Geelong board (actually hate them)

As was put in our deja vu thread, in 1997 Chris Grant polled the most votes with Harvey 1 vote behind him but Grant was ineligible, so Harvey the "winner". Now a player from the team we played in the prelim "lost" the Brownlow to a player from a team we were about to play in the GF. Sounds a little familiar, hmmm? ;)

As was put in our deja vu thread, in 1997 Chris Grant polled the most votes with Harvey 1 vote behind him but Grant was ineligible, so Harvey the "winner". Now a player from the team we played in the prelim "lost" the Brownlow to a player from a team we were about to play in the GF. Sounds a little familiar, hmmm? ;)
I do the superstitious stuff too, we feel Helen D'Marco (Google her) placed a massive jynx on the club, the birth of our messiahs first child (Richo) has lifted the curse 35 years later.

That was done in the past for when West Coast and Sydney stayed back in their home cities prior to play in a GF - but yes, no matter what they say about them not knowing about the votes beforehand...

oZ8aJ.gif
Was tonights event at the oval open to Members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back