Brownlow Brownlow Medal 2021 - Congratulations Ollie Wines šŸ„‚

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the Dees, Dogs & Power had big seasons, its natural that other players will take votes from Wines, Oliver & the Bont.

For this reason, I can see a player from one of the middle-range or lower teams getting more than them.
Walsh, Mitchell, Steele in that bracket.

Need to pick up a lot of 2 voters to do that though. They're no Gary Ablett jnr.

Nah, I count 15 votes without even trying, agree on Petracca, had some season.
Yeah, I just think that for a team that went about 50%, Merrett could take a lot of votes off him and there's not enough wins for him to make that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Steele will win. Decent but not amazing team, 10 wins so plenty of 3 vote opportunities and he is a proven vote getter with no real teammates to hurt him. Itā€™s a proven formula to win a Brownlow. Last year he got 20 votes and the next best from the saints had 8.

only thing is that umpires seem to get swept up in it more now and love giving 3 votes to favourites even when they merit 1 or 2 at best. I could see bont just having a string of 3 vote games and taking it but I still like Steele, especially at 6 dollars for the win.

edit - itā€™s basically what Judd did in 2010. Carlton finished 11-11 and Judd got 30 votes as the clear standout player from the blues ( kade Simpson was next with 9)

another example is GAJ in 2013 - 28 votes in a mediocre team (Prestia next with 9)

clearly steele isnā€™t on the level of Judd and GAJ but the situations Are very similar
8 wins, less than mediocre

2000: Melbourne player wins Brownlow in final round over Bulldogs player, Demons lose Grand final, are forced to trade player due to salary cap, spiral into years of cellar dwelling.
If Oliver beats Bont in the final round, the Curse of Woewodin is on for another 21 years.

2000: Melbourne player wins Brownlow in final round over Bulldogs player, Demons lose Grand final, are forced to trade player due to salary cap, spiral into years of cellar dwelling.
If Oliver beats Bont in the final round, the Curse of Woewodin is on for another 21 years.
Which is slightly better than shitting your pants in a prelim in front of a home crowd

AOC inspiration with Tom Browne-low rocking the White Suit on the red carpet in Perth

231-C2-C7-A-9-C8-C-4904-89-D7-390-AB63-F9-C75.jpg

2-DE59-BDC-B2-C7-4-B35-A186-F1-FFD319-F41-C.jpg

That pausing during the votes that Vlad started and Gil does twice as bad.

- (Team name). (Initial).............................................(Surname) = 1 shot

- (Team name)..............................................(Initial).(Surname) = 1 shot

- (Team name).............................................(Initial)............................................(Surname) = 3 shots.

How many 3 shot opportunities will Gil have ?
How many teams have players with the same initial ?
It used to drive Geelong supporters crazy when you had J.Selwood, J.Bartel, J.Corey & J.Kelly in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back