Brownlow Brownlow Medal Count 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Melbourne supporter mate of mine was very pissed off when the Dees took Jimmy Toumpas just before Port took Wines; he obviously knew something because Jimmy was underwhelming, got traded and as for Wines....

I was just looking at these votes. I think Danger will go past Ablett and lead the most votes ever. I wonder if he could snare a second in 2022 at 32.. was runner up in 2019 at 29.
His 1 wood - his breakaway speed from stoppages - is pretty much gone. He won't win again but will get a few Travis Boak style votes. How far is he behind?

Lmao, I honestly thought it was their house.

I wasn't completely sure where it was until I saw it the other photos - I didn't think it would necessarily be their house but I didn't know where it was

I wasn't completely sure where it was until I saw it the other photos - I didn't think it would necessarily be their house but I didn't know where it was

They live on a farm dont they.

They could have a giant ass fireplace + stone work like that. (I must admit the buffalo did throw me)

They live on a farm dont they.

They could have a giant ass fireplace + stone work like that. (I must admit the buffalo did throw me)
Same thinking

The dead animal didn't look right if it was there place

All the Votes: Cats Brownlow Summary
Seven Cats finished inside the top 60 place-getters.

Cam Guthrie has led the Cats' Brownlow voting, polling 18 votes to secure a 13th-placed finish with the highest tally of his career.

It caps another remarkable season from the midfield magnet, playing 20 home-and-away matches and averaging 29 disposals per game after last season's Carji-Greeves-medal-winning campaign.

Patrick Dangerfield moved into third position all time in career Brownlow voting, passing Sam Mitchell with six votes from 13 Home & Away appearances.

Dangerfield has now been awarded 230 career votes on football's night of nights, less than only Gary Ablett Jnr (262 votes) and Gary Dempsey (246 votes).

Geelong's evergreen skipper Joel Selwood was the second-highest finishing Cat with nine votes and two best-afield performances.

All Australian Tom Stewart was rewarded for his outstanding campaign with eight votes from the umpires.

Seven Cats finished inside the top 60 vote getters, with Jeremy Cameron, Tom Hawkins and Brandan Parfitt joining Dangerfield on six votes.

Only the GWS Giants equalled Geelong with seven players polling six votes or higher.

The Cats were the fifth-highest polling club with 82 total votes.

ALL GEELONG VOTES
Cameron Guthrie - 18 votes
Joel Selwood - 9 votes
Tom Stewart - 8 votes
Brandan Parfitt - 6 votes
Jeremy Cameron - 6 votes
Tom Hawkins - 6 votes
Patrick Dangerfield - 6 votes
Mitch Duncan - 4 votes
Zach Tuohy - 4 votes
Lachie Henderson - 3 votes
Sam Menegola - 3 votes
Jack Henry - 3 votes
Quinton Narkle - 2 votes
Isaac Smith - 1 vote
Mark O'Connor - 1 vote
Gary Rohan - 1 vote
Shaun Higgins - 1 vote

Congrats to Wines. Well done.
Max Gawn & Toby Greene were the best players I saw this year though. Just from the footy I'd seen.
Didn't see too much of Port.

Its a midfielders award everyone knows that.

In fact would love to see a break down in the history of the medal re. positions.
Yeah I know. If you looked back in the day I reckon it would of been about 50/50 mids/something else though.
Less media bullshit and betting around then.
In my time its been all mids though. Actually I remember Jimmy Stynes winning it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know. If you looked back in the day I reckon it would of been about 50/50 mids/something else though.
Less media bullshit and betting around then.
In my time its been all mids though. Actually I remember Jimmy Stynes winning it.
Mids win it now because they are everywhere. If you run 14k you're going to be everywhere.
Remember moss, Teasdale, Moore, Templeton, Grieg? And a stack of other talls were favourites.

They just can't keep up anymore. That's all.
Probably the best Brownlow of the last 30 was wanganene.

Not many back pockets win brown lows. Bernie smith for us. There's not many back men at all.

Mids win it now because they are everywhere. If you run 14k you're going to be everywhere.
Remember moss, Teasdale, Moore, Templeton, Grieg? And a stack of other talls were favourites.

They just can't keep up anymore. That's all.
Probably the best Brownlow of the last 30 was wanganene.

Not many back pockets win brown lows. Bernie smith for us. There's not many back men at all.
Oh yeah Wanganene. That's a good one.
Yeah that's a good point. The running.
Also I think umpires are running an insane amount and have a lot on their plate.
The probably just look at the stats at the end of the game and who the media rates now.

A Melbourne supporter mate of mine was very pissed off when the Dees took Jimmy Toumpas just before Port took Wines; he obviously knew something because Jimmy was underwhelming, got traded and as for Wines....

He was best mates with Jack Viney who the dees took F/S that year so the obvious choice was Wines but the Dees got too cute looking for an outside midfielder instead.

The 2013 count was my favourite Brownlow. We basically had 4 of the top 5.

Ablett - ex Cat, ended up as one of us again
Selwood
Swanny
Stevie J
Dangerfield - future Cat, won a Brownlow with us

Add Wines to Neale, Tom Mitchell and Priddis for mine. If you were picking a team from the whole competition you wouldn't have any of them in your top 10 mids.

I agree.
Although for me, Wines is a better player than all the others you mentioned.

Really comes down to being in the right place at the right time. You think of Buddha Hocking who was always up against Hird, Williams, Voss/Black/Aker, Harvey etc.

I agree.
Although for me, Wines is a better player than all the others you mentioned.

Really comes down to being in the right place at the right time. You think of Buddha Hocking who was always up against Hird, Williams, Voss/Black/Aker, Harvey etc.

And the tribunal.

/silly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back