BROWNLOW MEDAL Count - 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that Gil manufactured the "count" in the last round so that Sniper Cripps won on the very last vote, is testament to that.

Do they think we are stupid?

WCW couldn't dream up a better ending

There is a prima facie case that the whole thing is rigged

They get it 4 rounds ahead on the night to position cameras and move the game announcement order to build suspense. This has been the case for years.

So when we get on the good side of a technicality with the ARC, Dimma and Tigers supporters should just ‘suck it up and move on’ and or are ‘sore losers’. We are disgusted by the carry on. ‘That’s just life, move on’.

When we are on the end of a technicality that doesen’t go our way, we dive straight into the same stuff we bemoan from other teams and their supporters - wild conspiracy theories, it’s rigged, VFL bias, Cripps is undeserving etc.

I’m totally fine with being disappointed and frustrated by the result, but some of the stuff on here and social media from Lions fans has been pretty ordinary.

Whilst I didn’t agree with the decision - Cripps got off, he was eligible, he had a brilliant season. Lachie would be happy for him and wouldn’t be enjoying the response from the Lions fans, they share a huge level of respect for each other - it’s the sort of stuff that makes me cringe when other supporter bases do it.

So when we get on the good side of a technicality with the ARC, Dimma and Tigers supporters should just ‘suck it up and move on’ and or are ‘sore losers’. We are disgusted by the carry on. ‘That’s just life, move on’.

When we are on the end of a technicality that doesen’t go our way, we dive straight into the same stuff we bemoan from other teams and their supporters - wild conspiracy theories, it’s rigged, VFL bias, Cripps is undeserving etc.

I’m totally fine with being disappointed and frustrated by the result, but some of the stuff on here and social media from Lions fans has been pretty ordinary.

Whilst I didn’t agree with the decision - Cripps got off, he was eligible, he had a brilliant season. Lachie would be happy for him and wouldn’t be enjoying the response from the Lions fans, they share a huge level of respect for each other - it’s the sort of stuff that makes me cringe when other supporter bases do it.
I don't think it was rigged or anything of the sort but Cripps was very very lucky and imo not deserving because that 2 week penalty was legit , earnt that at a minimum and anyone else doing that gets rubbed out.

Gleeson should be sacked for that tbh. If the AFL think the Appeals judges got it right.

It's an abomination that a technical legality should determine what is clearly a footy matter and self evident.

I don't think it was rigged or anything of the sort but Cripps was very very lucky and imo not deserving because that 2 week penalty was legit , earnt that at a minimum and anyone else doing that gets rubbed out.

Gleeson should be sacked for that tbh. If the AFL think the Appeals judges got it right.

It's an abomination that a technical legality should determine what is clearly a footy matter and self evident.

Cripps got lucky for sure.

Under the present rules Cripps got lucky and went on to win the Brownlow

Gil was not impressed one bit when Cripps won his appeal.
The AFL want to protect the head due to player safety and also litigation
I am sure Gil felt under present rules Cripps should not have won the award as that suspension should stand

However the AFL is so worried about tradition that it is afraid to make changes

I have said for many years now the Brownlow should be available to all players

The suspension rules were intruduced in a time of "king hits behind play" coaches ordering players to "take out so and so" and all other types of foul play. These acts rightfully meant players were not eligible for the highest award

Now players get 1 week for such minor incidents and are ineligible for the Brownlow
If a player gets 3, 4, 5, 6 weeks for something horrible it just about rules him out of contention anyhow
The inconsistancies around suspension that still make players eligible to win the award

A player remains eligible for the Brownlow Medal under the following circumstances:

• if he is suspended during the finals or pre-season;
  • if he serves a suspension in the current season which was earned for an offence committed late in the previous season;
  • he receives any sort of club-imposed suspension which is not recognised by the AFL Tribunal;
  • if he is found guilty by the AFL Tribunal of an offence which attracts only a financial penalty.
Another weird quirk is if say Neale was suspended in round 1 or any other round, umpires still give him points for the remainder of the year
At this point he is ineligible to win, but this quirk denies other players getting points the remainder of the year

307278651_10166611514215173_4689320131172682943_n.jpg

I'm hoping Neale polls strongly but doesn't win it next year. WAIT, hear me out!

Teams with players who win the Brownlow in recent times are rarely from the team who wins the whole thing. If Lachie doesn't win it but polls strongly, it means that other players on the team have been taking votes off him and that can only be a good thing.

Man we need Dunkley!
Aker and Blacky might disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back