Live Event Brownlow Night 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I fail to see how after 3 years you still haven't gotten over the fact he doesn't play for us.
If Leo Barry, Stu Maxfield, or Daryn Cresswell's sons were playing in the AFL they'd have a connection too as the sons of Swans 200+ game champions.

The guy is a Hall of Famer for the Swans, and that doesn't disappear just because you don't like knowing that his son plays elsewhere

I dont think the state of the game is because of who is playing, but rather how it is being played.

Tackling and defensive pressure is priority #1 in recent years, in the past with Voss and Buckley it would have been kicking and finishing.

You put those two in todays footy and their kicking will definitely not be as iconic as they are now. You put Bontempelli or Josh Kelly in the 90s they would carve up with the amount of extra space they have in comparison.

There will be a team like Brisbane who will come out and win a flag with offense and then everyone will need to catch up and the cycle will continue.

Right, but I think tackling and defensive pressure are easier qualities to have as a footballer than good ball use and finishing. So can you see how I rate players with those attributes as inferior?

Not saying you're wrong but that's just how I see it and how I personally separate the great from the good.

If Leo Barry, Stu Maxfield, or Daryn Cresswell's sons were playing in the AFL they'd have a connection too as the sons of Swans 200+ game champions.

The guy is a Hall of Famer for the Swans, and that doesn't disappear just because you don't like knowing that his son plays elsewhere
Off topic but I read somewhere that Daryn Cresswell’s son is a gun.

Edit: Found it...

Unlike you I don't care his son plays for the Bulldogs, let's be honest if Dunkley pulled 2 votes you wouldn't have bothered posting it.

The same hall of fame he was a no show at when he was inducted. I think he cut his ties at the Swans long ago.

He's the son of a 200+ game Swans champion, the relevance to the club seems pretty obvious

Only 25 players in the history of the club have suited up for us more times than Andrew Dunkley

He won’t suit up for a function though :p

Fyfe is my favourite non-Swans player. I'm super happy he has snagged another Charlie. Well deserved.

IMO he has all those traits that make my kind of favourite player... Loyalty. Courage. Skill. Power. Resilience. He is a battler and has overcome some pretty big challenges to still perform so admirably.

Even ignoring him having to overcome injuries and set backs (such as having Ross Lyon as coach) that none of those players have had; I would happily place him in the Ablett/Danger/Pendles type elite group anyway. The bloke is a blood gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe is my favourite non-Swans player. I'm super happy he has snagged another Charlie. Well deserved.

IMO he has all those traits that make my kind of favourite player... Loyalty. Courage. Skill. Power. Resilience. He is a battler and has overcome some pretty big challenges to still perform so admirably.

Even ignoring him having to overcome injuries and set backs (such as having Ross Lyon as coach) that none of those players have had; I would happily place him in the Ablett/Danger/Pendles type elite group anyway. The bloke is a blood gun.
Of all the current players, Fyfe is clearly the most worthy of entering the company of Goodes, Judd, Ablett as a dual Brownlow medallist. Played against some amazing players in Danger and Martin but Fyfe when fit was completely untaggable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back