Brownlow night 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Good luck to Touk Miller tonight

I realise he wont win it but hope he is right up there as the bloke seriously is a GUN and deserves alot more accolades than he gets

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Noah Anderson going really well to start us off! Already got a couple of 3s.

Could be a guy that polls really well in his career given his inside/outside ability. Might be our best poller since Gaz?

Touk hasn't got a single vote yet which is a bit weird.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
15th- Touk Miller (17)
40th- Noah Anderson (8)
68th- Brandon Ellis (5)
98th- Charlie Ballard (3)
- Ben King (3)
132nd- Sam Collins (2)
- Brayden Fiorini (2)
- Jack Lukosius (2)
160th- Josh Corbett (1)
- Jeremy Sharp (1)

Most votes by a Suns player since Ablett in 2014 finished 3rd.

15th- Touk Miller (17)
40th- Noah Anderson (8)
68th- Brandon Ellis (5)
98th- Charlie Ballard (3)
- Ben King (3)
132nd- Sam Collins (2)
- Brayden Fiorini (2)
- Jack Lukosius (2)
160th- Josh Corbett (1)
- Jeremy Sharp (1)

Most votes by a Suns player since Ablett in 2014 finished 3rd.
A pretty decent amount of players.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Lyons.. 23 votes
Not bad by Dew to give him away for free for being one dimensional midfielder

I wonder how many years before Brodie’s name is up there with 20 odd votes
We need to stop living in the past. Regardless what happened we can’t keep going back to it. List managers and committees will always make mistakes from time to time and you can always find reasons why things were mistakes. It was a mistake for the demons not picking wines in the 2012 draft. He now is a Brownlow medalist tonight. We don’t go bagging them for it. Carlton had Josh Kennedy, Hawthorn had the other Josh Kennedy but they both got rid of them and they turned out stars. We need to look at who we have on our list now.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
3/4th worst teams top 3 vote getters
79AFED74-F93E-4284-85F6-576E82277462.png

Am I the only one outraged, insulted and offended that Touk only got 17 votes? Yet a crab like Tom Mitchell gets 25 votes WTF! Callum Mills got 18 votes and Touk only got 17!? He had a better year than both of them combined, it's an outrage and disgrace. The GC does not get the recognition it deserves in the AFL system. Touk is the only player in AFL history to get 30+ disposals in 16 games in a row and all he gets is a measly 17 votes. What a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Am I the only one outraged, insulted and offended that Touk only got 17 votes? Yet a crab like Tom Mitchell gets 25 votes WTF! Callum Mills got 18 votes and Touk only got 17!? He had a better year than both of them combined, it's an outrage and disgrace. The GC does not get the recognition it deserves in the AFL system. Touk is the only player in AFL history to get 30+ disposals in 16 games in a row and all he gets is a measly 17 votes. What a joke.
Yeah I was expecting him to poll higher. David Mundy polled more votes than Touk which surprised me a bit. It’s very tough to poll well in a losing team but when you have an outstanding season like Touk did you’d expect him to get more votes than what were on paper tonight. Possibly the umpires thought after he got suspended if they were weighing up who to give votes to they’d give it to the player that could win the Brownlow? Shouldn’t happen I know but just a thought? Maybe the suspension took the shine off giving votes to Touk? Regardless though, I reckon he will charge up the Brownlow ladder next season with another strong campaign.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
We get blown out to often, hard to give him votes when we so often get beaten so well.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Yep, I was looking in the Top 10 and honestly quite offended that he didn't even come close.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs

The Brownlow is entertainment, it is a very poor system for picking the best players in a game.
And in the entertainment world, it helps to either have a Name before the game starts, or be flashy.

Tom Mitchell gets votes rolling out of bed, as do a few others.
Based on our Brownlow votes, Nosey might be a regular vote catcher since he really catches the eye.

Touk has a Name now, so suspect he will get a few extras in coming years.

Round 6 is the classic case.
Touk got the 10 coaches votes against Sydney but Neil Votes in the Brownlow.

Noah got the 3 there and King got the 2 for his 5 goals.

It was early in the season and before a few of the commentators where talking up how well Touk was playing. Play that game in round 16 and he probably gets the 3 votes.

Noah was very good in that game, but Touk had 9 tackles to 1, 9 clearances to 6, 17 contested to 9.
146 Supercoach points for Touk, 115 for Noah.

All the two way running and defensive positioning that the coaches love ain't worth much in the Brownlow....

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Don't really agree with the take in this instance.

That recognition for Brownlow votes always lags a year.
Touk was awarded 16 votes in those fantastic last 16 games - in a team that won 6 games over that stretch. If he went at that rate for the full season, would have finished on the verge of the top 10. Top 10 is mostly composed of the top teams.
He's also not really a goal kicker - which usually really attracts votes (although didn't hinder Wines this year)

Got to remember he had the reputation of an average player coming into the 2021 season.

Next year, he comes in as a renowned All-Australian level player. With a bit of team improvement (avoiding blow out games where we are awarded 0 votes), and a few extra wins - he'll easily get 20+ votes and be in contention for the top 10 next year.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Don't really agree with the take in this instance.

That recognition for Brownlow votes always lags a year.
Touk was awarded 16 votes in those fantastic last 16 games - in a team that won 6 games over that stretch. If he went at that rate for the full season, would have finished on the verge of the top 10. Top 10 is mostly composed of the top teams.
He's also not really a goal kicker - which usually really attracts votes (although didn't hinder Wines this year)

Got to remember he had the reputation of an average player coming into the 2021 season.

Next year, he comes in as a renowned All-Australian level player. With a bit of team improvement (avoiding blow out games where we are awarded 0 votes), and a few extra wins - he'll easily get 20+ votes and be in contention for the top 10 next year.
Totally agree, the umpires always lag a year behind the commentators Touk now has the rep and will get the votes in 2022 assuming his form continues

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bontempelli got 3 votes in their round 18 11-point win against us despite registering an AFL record for clangers, turning the ball over 7 times and only registering 4 score involvements. Truthfully he was part of the reason we even got close that round.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Noah Anderson going really well to start us off! Already got a couple of 3s.

Could be a guy that polls really well in his career given his inside/outside ability. Might be our best poller since Gaz?

Touk hasn't got a single vote yet which is a bit weird.

I may have said in early 2019 amidst the Rowell hype that Noah would be better than Matt and our next Brownlow medallist
(I recall Rowell saying in an interview once that Noah was the best footballer he's seen)
He's the closest thing we have to a Fyfe /Bontempelli /Judd type-possibly could be better!
Then again I've been a vocal supporter of Brodie, Wright and Lyons so my opinion is obviously worth zilch

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ollie Wines winning tells you why Port can't progress at this time of year
You need an elite midfield to win finals and there's zero other players going through the middle for Port that take votes away from Wines
Compare Bont McRae Libber Smith vs Wines......then Boak and Karl Amon FFS:drunk:
How does Oliver win unless Petracca and Gawn are spending weeks on the sideline?

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bontempelli got 3 votes in their round 18 11-point win against us despite registering an AFL record for clangers, turning the ball over 7 times and only registering 4 score involvements. Truthfully he was part of the reason we even got close that round.
It's a Curiosity Show.
Like leather stops and wool footy jumpers
A group of umpires most of whom haven't played the game give out 3 votes based on midfield accumulation
I honestly haven't taken note of the winner for years-couldnt even raise an eye when GAJ won

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
It's a Curiosity Show.
Like leather stops and wool footy jumpers
A group of umpires most of whom haven't played the game give out 3 votes based on midfield accumulation
I honestly haven't taken note of the winner for years-couldnt even raise an eye when GAJ won
Jack Macrae would like a word with you 😛

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ollie Wines winning tells you why Port can't progress at this time of year
You need an elite midfield to win finals and there's zero other players going through the middle for Port that take votes away from Wines
Compare Bont McRae Libber Smith vs Wines......then Boak and Karl Amon FFS:drunk:
How does Oliver win unless Petracca and Gawn are spending weeks on the sideline?
Port:
Wines: 36
Boak: 25
Amon: 11
Houston: 5
Butters: 1
Gray: 1
= 79 total votes over 4 players
outside top 2 = 18 votes over 4 players

Western Bulldogs:
Bont: 33
Macrae: 14