Prediction Brownlow tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawd, stop being a baby. The AFL is "big business" and the game itself has laws. Expecting organisations and individuals to protect themselves, enforce rights, etc., without lawyers is like saying let's do medicine without doctors.

Blanket generalisations like, "They do not provide solutions to situations where there are common goals" is just a complete load of garbage. You must have had a bad experience or not much experience with lawyers.

The question of concussion in sport is vexed, but to suggest something like, "it would work better without lawyers because the administrators would make better decisions" is just wrongheaded. What happens when you don't like the administrator's decision? How do I protect myself from being prevented from earning a living?

not much content....most of it trying to belittle me or my opinion...the usual stuff

It happens because we have a reasonably well balanced team that doesn’t rely on the same superstars week after week like Carlton do.

It’s a good thing.
Yeah I get it, we didn’t have any standouts and we play a team game…but the number of teams above us considering where we finished on the ladder suggests they were educating us as a bottom side again. We get screwed more often than not TOTC, brownlows past…these awards should be objectively assessed.

I honestly thought Cripps has had better seasons, but that was probably due to the fact he stood more amongst the rabble around him.

not much content....most of it trying to belittle me or my opinion...the usual stuff

I’ll make it clearer - your stated wish to “keep lawyers out of things” is emotive and simplistic.

I’ll ask you differently, under your magical non-lawyer system, what happens when player X is suspended for a grand final by an “administrator” and wants to dispute the decision? To protect his right to earn a living?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll make it clearer - your stated wish to “keep lawyers out of things” is emotive and simplistic.

I’ll ask you differently, under your magical non-lawyer system, what happens when player X is suspended for a grand final by an “administrator” and wants to dispute the decision? To protect his right to earn a living?

As I understand it, cripps would be suspended WITH PAY. It is very difficult for employees to get a tribunal to stop a suspension if the employee is getting paid. In most instances, this can only happen is going to be suspended for a long period and that long period is going to be detrimental to the employee's skills.

if you hung out with some non-corporate people, you might hear stories where employees have had allegations made against them and they may be suspended with pay and because of that, the situation is tolerated. Public servants are often suspended with pay awaiting a trial months in advance.

Lawyers dont protect fairness. THey protect the interests of those that pay them. Mostly that means that they protect the interests of those with money. This narrative that you're pushing doesnt happen in reality.

And there is nothing to stop Cripps from having support or a rep...a person from the players union ....just not a lawyer. They disrupt. They corrupt.

And finally a comment about your method. You consistently pronounce things as fact when they aren't necessarily so. You are emotive etc etc. Not that I dont state opinions but I do try to put "I think that" in front of things. Obviously, by training, you make your judgements.

As I understand it, cripps would be suspended WITH PAY. It is very difficult for employees to get a tribunal to stop a suspension if the employee is getting paid. In most instances, this can only happen is going to be suspended for a long period and that long period is going to be detrimental to the employee's skills.

if you hung out with some non-corporate people, you might hear stories where employees have had allegations made against them and they may be suspended with pay and because of that, the situation is tolerated. Public servants are often suspended with pay awaiting a trial months in advance.

Lawyers dont protect fairness. THey protect the interests of those that pay them. Mostly that means that they protect the interests of those with money. This narrative that you're pushing doesnt happen in reality.

And there is nothing to stop Cripps from having support or a rep...a person from the players union ....just not a lawyer. They disrupt. They corrupt.

And finally a comment about your method. You consistently pronounce things as fact when they aren't necessarily so. You are emotive etc etc. Not that I dont state opinions but I do try to put "I think that" in front of things. Obviously, by training, you make your judgements.

Being suspended, even with pay, can very much affect your ability to earn - eg. A Cripps with a premiership is a far bigger earner than one without. Not to mention triggers etc.

The rest of your post is just gibberish. For some weird reason you choose to impugn the very profession trained to protect their clients. That you think an untrained person is a better option, well, that is patent nonsense. Bet you wouldn’t go for that option if it was your rights you wanted protecting. There is plenty of money involved in the AFL. Lawyers are best placed to protect their client’s interest. Money well spent.

Genuinely interested to know what has driven you to this antipathy towards lawyers? On what do you base the opinion that they “corrupt”?

Being suspended, even with pay, can very much affect your ability to earn - eg. A Cripps with a premiership is a far bigger earner than one without. Not to mention triggers etc.

The rest of your post is just gibberish. For some weird reason you choose to impugn the very profession trained to protect their clients. That you think an untrained person is a better option, well, that is patent nonsense. Bet you wouldn’t go for that option if it was your rights you wanted protecting. There is plenty of money involved in the AFL. Lawyers are best placed to protect their client’s interest. Money well spent.

Genuinely interested to know what has driven you to this antipathy towards lawyers? On what do you base the opinion that they “corrupt”?

well to use your arguments ....thats rubbish crap and junk

well to use your arguments ....thats rubbish crap and junk

Sure thing. Guess until such time as the current system changes, you should brace yourself for the upsetting presence of lawyers at every tribunal hearing. Lucky there are nowhere near as many hearings as there were in earlier times - when lay people represented players. That system was awesome.

Sure thing. Guess until such time as the current system changes, you should brace yourself for the upsetting presence of lawyers at every tribunal hearing. Lucky there are nowhere near as many hearings as there were in earlier times - when lay people represented players. That system was awesome.

not upset by it... just amazed that the AFL wouldnt try to design a system to keep them out.

on a side note, there was a time when i think lawyers were only made in the elite unis of this country...i know here we had univ of wa where all the well respected leafy suburb children went to study and become QCs. Then all hell broke lose and all the unis wanted a piece of the action and put their own courses in... and now there are lawyers in every rafter in perth. You just cant get rid of them. The country is crying out for people who can do something constructive and all we have are lawyers...

oh i forgot.... I tell a joke. I only have one that I can remember. This is true. Not kidding here.

Anyway the joke goes that in new york, they are using lawyers in lab experiements......

because there are some things that rats just wont do....

I dont know why its the only joke that I remember but I think it's because it makes me laugh every time I tell it.

not upset by it... just amazed that the AFL wouldnt try to design a system to keep them out.

on a side note, there was a time when i think lawyers were only made in the elite unis of this country...i know here we had univ of wa where all the well respected leafy suburb children went to study and become QCs. Then all hell broke lose and all the unis wanted a piece of the action and put their own courses in... and now there are lawyers in every rafter in perth. You just cant get rid of them. The country is crying out for people who can do something constructive and all we have are lawyers...

Might be more with law degrees but there is a shortage of lawyers across the country. Firms are screaming out for warm bodies.

Might be more with law degrees but there is a shortage of lawyers across the country. Firms are screaming out for warm bodies.

well there are acres of legislation to write and interpret...and there are countless lawyers in the various parliaments. I'd like to see a war between the lawyers and the economists to pare down the numbers of both...but both are in the elites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s because lawyers are reptiles. Or zombies. I forget which.

It happens because we have a reasonably well balanced team that doesn’t rely on the same superstars week after week like Carlton do.

It’s a good thing.
Nope. Cause a well balanced team still should poll more votes overall... 12th is ridiculous but i knew that wkuld happen given we had so many close games and would never be polling all 6 votes in those games...

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

well there are acres of legislation to write and interpret...and there are countless lawyers in the various parliaments. I'd like to see a war between the lawyers and the economists to pare down the numbers of both...but both are in the elites.
Hey, leave economists out of it, I'm a bum, far from being in the elite category

My granddaughter and a couple of her friends want to do Law next year.
She had had good marks but for some strange reason wants to go to RMIT for the course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back