Competitions Brownlow votes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

So,
Looks like Adams, Treloar, DeGoey, WHE are all up for trade.
As the "experts" here believe Steele isn't worthy of the Black and White stripes, where does that leave these players?
Good call, everyone has been saying that.

Now it's been confirmed by umpires votes.

All winners get offered a beer/Champagne. Plenty of players in a GF year that have been offered the same.

He knocked back a beer earlier in the night with Bruce and then they offered it to him again when he got on the stand haha.

Saw it in his face "should I or should I not!?"

He knocked back a beer earlier in the night with Bruce and then they offered it to him again when he got on the stand haha.

Saw it in his face "should I or should I not!?"
Well, he's a good advertisement for restraint if he refused.
Don't think the coach would begrudge him one.
But only he knows if one leads to twenty.

You're spot on the money Temploar. You can see from his body language which screams " get me out of here".

I'd be the same. I could do the interview but would be like Dusty and feel totally self conscious if I was the centre of attention (without alcohol that is...)
If he can put up with fawner in chief mcavaney he'll manage the GF easy

Last edited:
Keep it on topic please
Nah, it's great.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find it interesting that Pendles only played 16 games this year and still was our top polling player. Is that a reflection on how good Pendles is or the rest of the list?

Sounds good, first round is on me.
Second round is on me, no top shelf, unless you can sing "Jump ya ****** jump".

Apparently we lack star power and we're the only club with 4 players to poll 10+ votes in a season we won 9 games...

Also what's with Howe not getting a vote? He had at least three to five matches that should have had him in vote contention.

How did Adams not top your votes? Cost me $400 in winnings. Ah well
Not a dumb bet by any means.
Pendlebury I think is underrated by everybody including this board. When he plays and he's "on" his influence sticks in the mind, hence he gets more votes than "experts" think he should. He missed 6 games and I think most people thought he'd get around 10 votes.
Adams OTH is still emerging. He doesn't have a profile and flies beneath the radar a little. A lot of his best work is done in close and it takes a while for umps to notice that sort of work.

Apparently we lack star power and we're the only club with 4 players to poll 10+ votes in a season we won 9 games...

Also what's with Howe not getting a vote? He had at least three to five matches that should have had him in vote contention.
Maybe what we really lack is next level players who drain votes away from the big 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back