Browny 6 Watch Maxwell Walk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was a cracker of a game, just love the lift in intensity come finals. Should get 4+ and the Pies are a better team without him.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/09/05/437770_gold-coast-afl.html

Ashcroft confirmed the Suns considered challenging the match review panel's decision to grade the incident a level four forceful contact charge after assessing it as reckless conduct, high impact and high contact.
Brown's poor record lifted the loading by 50 per cent, leaving him facing an eight-week ban if he unsuccessfully challenged the charge.
"We thought it would be in his best interest to accept the early plea," Ashcroft said.
Ashcroft admitted the ban was disappointing for both the Suns and Brown but dismissed talk the firebrand could be counselled during his review.
"We love the way Campbell plays and we're not going to change it," Ashcroft said.

Good to see the club isn't coming down on Browny for the incident. I love how he plays too, and what it adds to the team (when he isn't getting suspended for it that is).

Look out for James Kelly bump on Mzungu during the week. Looked a bit similar too... Actually made contact with the head though.

you see I think that incident was even worse than Brown's because Cambo made an effort to get low...Kelly didn't even try and just caught Mzungu fair with the elbow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable that browny got six. Still bloody putrid on it. Infuriating!

Brown was a few cms away from breaking the kids neck, and possibley spinal cord with would leave him a permanent quadriplegic... it will happen one day in the AFL, and brown might be the offender if he doesnt learn from this

Brown was a few cms away from breaking the kids neck, and possibley spinal cord with would leave him a permanent quadriplegic... it will happen one day in the AFL, and brown might be the offender if he doesnt learn from this
Seriously, that's absolutely ridiculous. I'd be surprised if you didn't think Brown was responsible for taking away christmas, and the global financial collapse. I think Brown should be hung and quartered. Right?

Seriously, that's absolutely ridiculous. I'd be surprised if you didn't think Brown was responsible for taking away christmas, and the global financial collapse. I think Brown should be hung and quartered. Right?

How is it ridiculous?... do you think its impossible for an AFL player to become a paraplegic? blake caracella almost did from a hit to the head/neck a few years ago.

blaze036 No, and to be honest I'm sick of reiterating this, but Brown's actions simply didn't warrant a six week penalty. There's a million, probably more, incidents that happen in every game of the season that is more likely to cause serious injury than Brown's bump. For example, Wellingham's hit on Simpson wa far worse and he only got four weeks. Another example, Maxwell breaks a nose in a bump that was begin play = 2 weeks. The crow that Brown hit got straight back up and it was an incident that was in play = 6 weeks. Go figure.

blaze036 No, and to be honest I'm sick of reiterating this, but Brown's actions simply didn't warrant a six week penalty. There's a million, probably more, incidents that happen in every game of the season that is more likely to cause serious injury than Brown's bump. For example, Wellingham's hit on Simpson wa far worse and he only got four weeks. Another example, Maxwell breaks a nose in a bump that was begin play = 2 weeks. The crow that Brown hit got straight back up and it was an incident that was in play = 6 weeks. Go figure.

Well, it all come downs to POTENTIAL for serious injury. The worst case scenario in a wellingham/maxwell hit is a broken nose / broken cheek bone, which is nothing compared to the worst case scenario in browns hit which is why his penalty is higher.

Would you rather have a high chance of a broken nose, or a small chance of a snapped spinal cord and living in a wheelchair? everyone would accept the broken nose option, which is why the maxwell hit wasnt as bad (hope that explains it a bit)

That explains nothing at all I take your point about the potential to cause serious injury, but there are so many flaws in what you're saying. Like, any hit to the head can cause brain damage. If you think the worst thing that could have happened in the Wellingham incident is a broken cheekbone then you're crazy. Also, brown didn't even make contact with the crowd player's head with his body. So your little question thingy should read more like: would you prefer to have a 90% chance of a broken nose from contact to the face, a 99% chance of a broken cheekbone or worse - possible brain damage from contact to the face, or a 0.0000001% chance of spinal damage from contact to the side?

That explains nothing at all I take your point about the potential to cause serious injury, but there are so many flaws in what you're saying. Like, any hit to the head can cause brain damage. If you think the worst thing that could have happened in the Wellingham incident is a broken cheekbone then you're crazy. Also, brown didn't even make contact with the crowd player's head with his body. So your little question thingy should read more like: would you prefer to have a 90% chance of a broken nose from contact to the face, a 99% chance of a broken cheekbone or worse - possible brain damage from contact to the face, or a 0.0000001% chance of spinal damage from contact to the side?

We will have to agree to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back