adey115

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2001
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy side of the family.
Not Guilty of choking. Unusual as there is usually at least one choker during the finals !

adey115 said:
Not Guilty of choking. Unusual as there is usually at least one choker during the finals !

Ch 9 was very vague, is this confirmed anywhere else. They said he got off on a technicality then the actual steve hadden report didnt mention it (obviously recorded earlier). Any other source?

3aw melbourne apparently.
not to mentiont he irate essendon supporting mate of mine who just called me on the mobile!

I'm listening to SEN via the net right now.

They just had Graeme Allan on having a chat about the details.

Basically the Lions player advocate (Shaun someone?) put in an application to dismiss the charge based on the fact that when cross referencing the rules a rough play charge by it's definition in the rules book relates to something happening during play, and play had already officially ended after the umpire had blown his whistle to end the qtr before the incident happened.

Dermie on the other hand is now on the bandwagon to change the tribunal rules so they are allowed to amend a charge on the spot at the hearing to the correct one, and also is warning that Brown might be re-cited via a video charge now. Graeme Allan said he didn't think that would happen.

tapestry said:
I'm listening to SEN via the net right now.

They just had Graeme Allan on having a chat about the details.

Basically the Lions player advocate (Shaun someone?) put in an application to dismiss the charge based on the fact that when cross referencing the rules a rough play charge by it's definition in the rules book relates to something happening during play, and play had already officially ended after the umpire had blown his whistle to end the qtr before the incident happened.

Shaun Carroll I think it was.

Yeah, the term 'Play' isn't defined the in the AFL rule book, so they had to take the term as meaning from siren to siren (or until the umpire signals play has stopped by raising his arms and blowing his whistle).

It was lots of things potentially- wrestling, mellee, misconduct, etc, but 'rough play' wasn't one of them.

Hey did you see the 4 of them on the tv? Brownie, leigh, graeme and I'm guessing the dark haired bloke with the folders was Shaun. Normally when you see players at the tribunal with the enterage they all look identical. tonight there was a normal suit, a black tie suit, a no jacket at all and leigh decked out in what looked almost like a cream tropical weather suit jacket!

Yep, I thought I had that little rule correct.It beggered belief that he could be charged with rough play when the 1st quarter had finished,so therfore no play.

The AFL should have charged the lot of them in the melee with wrestling nstead..........
Some dilld on the main board thought I was wrong, including suzi...........Where is she so I can say what a wonderful um[ire she is........

thank you lord !!!! there is a god in footy
keep your nose clean in the prelim browny if you pass wind they will book you

Browny, you can consider yourself very lucky.

Now, for Christ's sake, keep a cool head in future. I just
hope he's finally learnt his lesson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sick to death of the zealots at SEN who are looking for other ways to hang Browny. These are the same guys who grease up to him to come on their show, sponsor one of his dogs etc... Tim Watson last night on Talking Footy "I originally thought there was nothing in it but I've been swayed by the public reaction over the past couple of days!" Of course you have Timmy, sitting in a studio listening to St Kilda/Essendon/Geelong and any other Victorian supporters who don't want us to win a 4th consecutive GF!

Absolute hypocrites they are. And to think, everyone in this town wants a player to miss finals because of a wrestle!

tapestry said:
Hey did you see the 4 of them on the tv? Brownie, leigh, graeme and I'm guessing the dark haired bloke with the folders was Shaun. Normally when you see players at the tribunal with the enterage they all look identical. tonight there was a normal suit, a black tie suit, a no jacket at all and leigh decked out in what looked almost like a cream tropical weather suit jacket!

Yeah, Gubby reckoned Leigh looked like Richie Benaud.

well done brisbane for getting one back over the AFL

problem is now its victoria v brisbane so more than likely they will try some different crap to get Brown suspended -

personally there was nothing in it
But Brisbane is an interstate club and Brown is a big name player so the AFL will go after him like nothing else

Grolm37 said:
well done brisbane for getting one back over the AFL

problem is now its victoria v brisbane so more than likely they will try some different crap to get Brown suspended -

personally there was nothing in it
But Brisbane is an interstate club and Brown is a big name player so the AFL will go after him like nothing else

I personally would call that Harrassment, and I thought an employer was not allowed too under law do that?????????????????

campbell said:
I personally would call that Harrassment, and I thought an employer was not allowed too under law do that?????????????????

yeah but this is the AFL, a poorly run administration of ego's and personal battles and AD has a big thing against Brisbane it seems
1) Brisbane is not in Victoria
2) Brisbane is not in Victoria
3) your winning all victorias flags
4) he has tried very hard to knock you off your perch without sucess in the past
5)Brisbane is not in Victoria

so this is a good chance to "even to comp" - so watch out

campbell said:
On 3LO they said AFL had called a press conference for 12.30 today regarding what they are doing about Brown.............
Press conference over and Andy D has stated that no further action will take place.

Instead they're going to make us play the Prelim on Saturday or Saturday night with Port playing on Friday night so that if we win we get one day less to prepare (as well as having to fly back to Brisbane)

phew that was a close one - hopefully browny will learn from this and try to controll that temper of his. We need him out on the ground not in the grandstand!

Good news 2 days allround with browny getting off and now lynchy will be fit for the prelim :D

happy days are here again!
:D

Saturday night they've now said.

Why a Friday night final? aren't they normally Saturday arvo and saturday evening so they can give both teams the same days rest before the big one.

The AFL have said it has to be saturday night because of the tv contract. I can see Leigh upping his call for the chartered flight now. They AFL make the Lions play a prelim in Melbourne instead of Brisbane, then make it a night game so they can't fly home till the next day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back