Bruce Francis and TV legal dramas or the letter to the Minister for Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone's favourite rebel cricketer Bruce Francis has been hitting the typewriter again - this time firing off a missive to the Federal Minister for Sport. Copy of the letter can be seen at http://twitdoc.com/upload/thegovernorsm/letter-to-federal-health-minister-ley-26-february-2015.pdf

I'm not even going to bother dissecting this rubbish but did have a chuckle at "Even a high school student who watched any of Perry Mason, The Good Wife, Matlock, Rompole of the Bailey, Boston Legal, The Practice, Suits, Rake, Jake and the Fatman, Murder One, Silk, The Defendants or LA Law would know that ASADA had to prove that player 1 was administered Thymosin Beta-4."

Bruce better call Saul.

BTW - who the hell is Rompole? (Is it a pet name for Gil's appendage?)

I don't recall ever seeing an anti-doping tribunal episode in any of those shows?

And what's Bruce so worried about anyway? If it's as elementary as he believes - they'll all get off anyway.
No, Bruce believes it's a conspiracy against Essendon. That the AFL and ASADA have manipulated evidence to make them look guilty, and make James Hird look guilty. I'm still not quite sure what the motivation is (in his eyes) though.

Everyone's favourite rebel cricketer Bruce Francis has been hitting the typewriter again - this time firing off a missive to the Federal Minister for Sport. Copy of the letter can be seen at http://twitdoc.com/upload/thegovernorsm/letter-to-federal-health-minister-ley-26-february-2015.pdf

I'm not even going to bother dissecting this rubbish but did have a chuckle at "Even a high school student who watched any of Perry Mason, The Good Wife, Matlock, Rompole of the Bailey, Boston Legal, The Practice, Suits, Rake, Jake and the Fatman, Murder One, Silk, The Defendants or LA Law would know that ASADA had to prove that player 1 was administered Thymosin Beta-4."

Bruce better call Saul.

BTW - who the hell is Rompole? (Is it a pet name for Gil's appendage?)

Haha! Internal memo from Minister of Sport to P.M's Chief of Staff. Dear Peta. It would best served if you could handle this constituent! I am far too busy trying to convince your boss that his medicare co-payment is a dead duck.

Last edited:
so is this part 4?

McDevitt said that he could appeal, no could any of the participants of the tribunal. He said to the Senate committee that he would wait until he reads the findings of the tribunal before making a decision. Bruce interprets this as he is going to appeal and must be stopped, he is doing EFC and the players more harm then good.

It's nice to know one can fully indulge in their wilful ignorance come retirement in luxurious digs with lovely birdlife song.
Warms my heart that the elderly have the comeuppance to hold our lawmakers to account.
3 cheers for the retired,the luxurious livers and the elderly let's not forget the elderly,godbless 'em!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nice to know one can fully indulge in their wilful ignorance come retirement in luxurious digs with lovely birdlife song.
Warms my heart that the elderly have the comeuppance to hold our lawmakers to account.
3 cheers for the retired,the luxurious livers and the elderly let's not forget the elderly,godbless 'em!.

I can't stop thinking about Bruce being the character in Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson's Xmas song at some stage:

"Now wheel him around the other side, nana."

Rumpole of the Bailey was a British TV show in the 80's. At least we know now where Bruce gets his inspiration.
Starring Australian actor Leo McKern.

I want to know who Rompole is that BF refers to...

McDevitt said that he could appeal, no could any of the participants of the tribunal. He said to the Senate committee that he would wait until he reads the findings of the tribunal before making a decision. Bruce interprets this as he is going to appeal and must be stopped, he is doing EFC and the players more harm then good.

Why is it such a big deal when Essendon appeals buts its cool for ASADA too?

I think thats the general point hes making?

I can't stop thinking about Bruce being the character in Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson's Xmas song at some stage:

"Now wheel him around the other side, nana."
Look,I'm sure Bruce doesn't know who NWA/Public Enemy are or some others of that ilk,but I always have a hip hop beat playing in my head when I read his rants.
Problem is one of these parties actually had a 'real' interest and conspiracy worthy of stripping to its core.
The other had a 70's typewriter with a slightly offset controller.

No, Bruce believes it's a conspiracy against Essendon. That the AFL and ASADA have manipulated evidence to make them look guilty, and make James Hird look guilty. I'm still not quite sure what the motivation is (in his eyes) though.

Maybe Bruce imports this s**t by Seakayak and this whole investigation is a direct threat to his business interests o_O

ASADA will be appealing within the drugs in sport framework.

Essendon are appealing to Australian Courts to have the entire drugs in sport framework ruled invalid.

Simply...No

Essendon were appealing what they thought was a breach by ASADA of their own framework, not the framework itself.

I dont see how you can argue black and blue what one party isnt allowed to appeal but one is. That is the upmost of biased. If you dont like Essendon appealing than you shouldnt be wanting ASADA to appeal, that is unless you are approaching this with a certain Agenda.

I personally have no problems with ASADA appealing anything. They are more than entitled too, just like Essendon would be.

Rumpole of the Bailey was a British TV show in the 80's. At least we know now where Bruce gets his inspiration.
I think Bruce see's himself more in the Poirot mould
37711.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back