Bruce Francis has replied.

Jun 1, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chargers, Red Wings
Excuse my tired memory, but isn't one of the effects of TB4 use an increase in the bodies generation of IGF-1? Therefore a test for increased levels of IGF-1 would be a red flag in testing...

Have I just knocked over the knocking over of the strands that Bruce thought he had a good day doing? And in doing so exposed Bruce Francis as being unsuitable to sit in judgment on the panelists?

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Excuse my tired memory, but isn't one of the effects of TB4 use an increase in the bodies generation of IGF-1? Therefore a test for increased levels of IGF-1 would be a red flag in testing...

Have I just knocked over the knocking over of the strands that Bruce thought he had a good day doing? And in doing so exposed Bruce Francis as being unsuitable to sit in judgment on the panelists?

Yes, TB4 is involved in increasing production of IGF1, apparently. So the test is exactly what you would expect if you wanted to see effects of TB4 injection.

Also, it seems IGF1 itself is a banned substance, so even if Bruce's "takedown" was right, wouldn't it still prove Essendon took something illegal?

It was acutally a remarkably short and semi-coherent piece from Bruce, suggesting even he doesn't really believe they're innocent.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Dude, you just ruined Bruce's day.

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Bruce burst on the scene with some quick runs on the board. An unheralded rookie from a rebel league.

True blue pedigree. Made a run for the big show in Canberra, but overlooked by the recruiters.

Has made some pretty spectacular social media splashes. But after doing a brain hammy went on a year too long.

Last edited:
Back