Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Caricature of himself.

The faux gushing.

The growl.

The non relevant showing off stats.

The dreadful way his commentating is even worse if your team is losing.

How he barracks for who is leading.

How when he interviews sober be you feel he wants to eat them.

The homo erotic view be he can give off.

The rhetorical questions.

The thin voice.

The whole Cyril thing.

He's just a caricature of himself, and getting worse. Much worse, don't you reckon.
Yep. I still prefer him to other commentators like Hamish McFloglin or Luke Darcy but he’s not what he once was.

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion, that’s what has made Bruce who he is but he spends his time commentating these days barracking for certain outcomes. He’d been waiting all year for Mason Cox to play like he did against Richmond just so he could gush over him and make all sorts of stupid calls.

He actually knows his stuff but he just can’t help but get carried away these days when his favourites do certain things or when a team is storming home.

He’s been this way for at least a decade now. Never going to change. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s another victim of these ******* TV executives who are obsessed with everything being loud, exciting and suited for highlights.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Met him back in the early 80s when he was commentating SANFL - top bloke and have always liked him. He goes over the top and if someone else did this in his style it would probably annoy me, but Bruce never annoys me. Just a good bloke

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The way he carry's on about winx is ridiculous. He knows he's being filmed and puts mayo on it for the camera. Cringe worthy.
He's got worse over the years.

Pure caricature of himself.

He's got worse over the years.

Pure caricature of himself.
I honestly think it's about time he retire now. He's done enough, including some good work but I wasn't around for it. I've only known him to be a yammering love struck commentator

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I honestly think it's about time he retire now. He's done enough, including some good work but I wasn't around for it. I've only known him to be a yammering love struck commentator
Like at the Brownlow.
It's like he wanted to gobble up a player.
Someone should tell him, you're an adult, you're an old guy, don't look creepy.
Be professional not a love struck puppy.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Dwhale44

Cancelled
Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone see that video of him at the Derby with the commentary team trying to do some wannabe NBA dance thing to One More Time by Daft Punk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
The way he carry's on about winx is ridiculous. He knows he's being filmed and puts mayo on it for the camera. Cringe worthy.
It's shocking to observe. He seems to have attached himself to poor old Winx the way Whately attached himself to Black Caviar. They wouldn't be trying to one up each other would they ? Completely scary fan boys both of them. Very similar type of blokes.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's shocking to observe. He seems to have attached himself to poor old Winx the way Whately attached himself to Black Caviar. They wouldn't be trying to one up each other would they ? Completely scary fan boys both of them. Very similar type of blokes.
I sincerely hope you listen to some of Roy&HG’s latest stuff - it’s side splitting stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back