FTA-TV Bruce McAvaney Hate Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Cox, it's nothing personal but you can be on the winning side and play badly next week. Bruce will be unbearable if Cox plays well.

Bruce is still a good caller.

What I hate is how he's allowed himself to be a parody. His callgasms are more and more frequent, his analysis less prominent.

30 years ago, he was calling SANFL. If you have 5 minutes to play "spot the difference" here it is.

I just get the feeling that the real Bruce is better, isn't he?

[youtube]-3opFDC6rJY[/youtube]

This is an example of what Bruce needs to go back to doing. This post sums it up perfectly that he's a parody of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the last few years he seems to be almost playing to the perception of him being an oddball eccentric (especially after the “delicious” comment) instead of the outstanding and studious commentator he was for decades.

what are the odds of him mentioning Cyril during the grand final
Just before he uses the facilities?

That could happen, couldn't it?
You get the feeling it could be on.
That was the third time in five minutes I needed a Cyril break, oh boy, no? Yeeeeeeesssssss.

Caricature of himself.

The faux gushing.

The growl.

The non relevant showing off stats.

The dreadful way his commentating is even worse if your team is losing.

How he barracks for who is leading.

How when he interviews sober be you feel he wants to eat them.

The homo erotic view be he can give off.

The rhetorical questions.

The thin voice.

The whole Cyril thing.

He's just a caricature of himself, and getting worse. Much worse, don't you reckon.

"Hate" is such a strong word - especially in these days of PCness and "cyber-bullying".
Couldn't you have titled this thread, "Bruce McAvaney Considerable Disapproval Thread."?

Yeah, hate's too strong a word for a genuinely likeable bloke. But he's an incredibly annoying over-excitable commentator whose style is a non-stop stream of irrelevant stats and biographical details of every player who touches the ball.

I like Bruce, I really do, even if I think his time is up.
However, I simply have no defence for someone who watches a horse race like a 5 year old waiting to to open presents on Christmas morning.
Freaking horrible, juvenile...totally embarassing for him and evveryone that is unfortunate enough to watch it.

I don't understand how anyone whose actively listened to his call in 2018 could come away from it still wanting him on television.

Most grating personality in footy, bar none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back