Bruce Nails Ox For Being s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why on earth would you give a commentary gig to a bloke whose nickname is 'The Ox'? What sort of 'special' comments were they expecting, exactly?

Of all the 1000s of ex-footballers, he was the best they could come up with?

Well he looks like an ex-footballer... I mean if you lined up all the ex-footballers together and said, pick an ex-footballer, you would pick him.

Luke Darcy is very good. At least 10 got that one right.

I agree darcy is the best special comments man. :thumbsu:
His opinions are insightful, quick and to the point.

He doesnt ramble or mumble (jackovic, ox) or say really dumb obvious things (ox) and doesnt come across as a w***er. (walls, voss)

What a life this bloke has.....play golf all day.....go down to sen and work a couple of hours (rubbish here too people, francis saves the show).......come friday night does special comments at 7 and gives us nothing but.....your right bruce....yep....geeesh......awwww.....and all the other crap in between.
Ocasionally does sunday game.....

After all this he takes a fat pay cheque home....what a life Ox is living a fairytale.

Ox is more useless than the special commentators in the AFL Live 2007 game

Commeti: What are your thoughts Derm?
Brereton: Nothing from me, Dennis.
Commeti: Thanks Derm.

LOL! Reading that really made me laugh for some reason. But I never really took notice of it when playing.

OMG He didn't say that, surely? :eek::D

To be fair, from memory i think he actually said the opposite.

I may be wrong, but paraphrasing, which is always dangerous with ox, he said that if you put a heap of blokes in a lineup you wouldn't pick Brett Kirk as a footballer, which was probably a fair comment. He is pretty unique in terms of what you expect a footy player to look like. (which these days, lets be honest, is a buff looking metrosexual, which kirky is anything but.)

i listen to the ox online in the arvo at work and he isnt too bad but i think he knows people dont rate his tv work as he is veing very very defensive to any criticism of late...

it does take awy from the footy when you are cringeing out of embarassment over the commentary..

i dont know why but i could read the stupid David Schwarz quotes for ours....

Luke Darcy is very good. At least 10 got that one right.

I think people think Luke Darcy is very good because they are comparing him to The Ox. At the risk of spoiling your Channel 10 footy viewing, count JUST how many times he JUST says JUST in JUST about every sentence.
Almost every "special comments" man brings zero to the telecasts I reckon. The theory that you had to play at the highest level to get your head on the TV (or your voice on the radio) is one of the biggest crocks. Though I do love when the ex-footballers try to use decent vocabulary even though they have no idea about the meaning. Still, no Eddie or Dermie on the box, so that's a godsend.

someone else: 'that was fantastic'
ox: "wasnt it"

someone else: 'he is very good at breaking tackles'
ox: "isnt he"

At the very least he could point out changes in match ups over the ground. But all he does is say 'wow', 'yep', 'oohhh', and 'isnt he/wasnt it'

"Is he ever"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ox is a pile of s**t as well as bruce. commetti is very witty and i enjoy his calling. also like fox sports' john casey, jason dunstall, dwayne russell and gerard healy. channel ten is crap..tim lane gives a bit of respectablity to the crew.

He jabbers on sometimes but I'd much rather listen to him, personally.

He says weird stuff like "geez that footy looks like a cat tonight does'nt it" - he's mad and he's good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back