Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Cruyff14 you may have have left early and missed out but you may be indirectly responsible for 2 extra songs.

This post is from brucetrivia on Greasy Lake. I posted there in 2002 and 2003 but can't remember my handle name. I met brucetrivia in Sydney 2003 and at the 2nd Brisbane show in 2003.

Basically I and a few others around me were screaming the same thing after 10th Ave and Rosie.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/112861-i-can-die-a-happy-man/

Hanging Rock concert, number 2... in the pit, 2nd from the rail.. guy in front of me and his dad decide to leave mid way thru 10th Avenue so they can beat the traffic.. (???) allowing me and pssturges to move up to the rail..

At the end of 10th Avenue, Bruce, standing on the platform jutting out from the stage, looks ME in the eye as I am saying "Thank you Bruce, please one more".. he says to me "You want one more?".. I mouth "Yes please".. he says "ok, one more"... and goes and grabs a sign for Rosie... I scream and shout for the next 9 minutes...

But then..

Back on stage at the end of Rosie we are all going mad.. he then looks at ME again.. and I have my index finger up again saying "one more please".. he smiles at me, says out loud, "you still want one more?".. I say yes.. he then turns to the crowd and says "OK, one more for THIS guy" as he points at me.. before going into Twist and Shout..

I can die a happy man...

What a moment.. what a concert, what a man..

Thank you all for reading..

PS - of course, when I tell the story to non-believers, they all chuckle and think he was talking to the group of people near me.. but pssturges knows, as do I.. and so does anyone who knows that Bruce looks his fans in the eyes..

Trying to work out who that might have been,. Think I know.

Read the 3rd last post of that link I post - the one with the Rosalita You Tube - and he explains when he appears singing to the camera.

What would the definitive Top 10 Springsteen albums be?

I've been interested in listening to his stuff for a while but never really got on it. I listen to bands like The Gaslight Anthem and The Menzingers, so naturally, I'm curious.

I've been interested in listening to his stuff for a while but never really got on it. I listen to bands like The Gaslight Anthem and The Menzingers, so naturally, I'm curious.
Greetings From Asbury Park
The Wild, The Innocent And The E-Street Shuffle
Born To Run
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
The River
Nebraska
Born In The USA
The Rising
Magic
Wrecking Ball

The first 7 to start. But this flow chart gives you a good idea.

Just in case there are some newbies in this thread. From www.backstreets.com BTX click on image to make it bigger.

ciQ4Sxc.jpg

Greetings From Asbury Park
The Wild, The Innocent And The E-Street Shuffle
Born To Run
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
The River
Nebraska
Born In The USA
The Rising
Magic
Wrecking Ball

Thank You!

The two I do have are Nebraska and Wrecking Ball.

Was pretty drawn into the whole backstory of Nebraska. Such an eerie LP. Haven't given Wrecking Ball a huge run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually get your hand on the Live 1975-85 3 CD set and that gives you a good spread of the first 7 albums he made and many live performances leave the album versions for dead. It has a few songs he gave to others to record eg Because the night or some he didn't put on any album.

Cruyff14 you may have have left early and missed out but you may be indirectly responsible for 2 extra songs.

This post is from brucetrivia on Greasy Lake. I posted there in 2002 and 2003 but can't remember my handle name. I met brucetrivia in Sydney 2003 and at the 2nd Brisbane show in 2003.

Basically I and a few others around me were screaming the same thing after 10th Ave and Rosie.

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/112861-i-can-die-a-happy-man/

Hanging Rock concert, number 2... in the pit, 2nd from the rail.. guy in front of me and his dad decide to leave mid way thru 10th Avenue so they can beat the traffic.. (???) allowing me and pssturges to move up to the rail..

At the end of 10th Avenue, Bruce, standing on the platform jutting out from the stage, looks ME in the eye as I am saying "Thank you Bruce, please one more".. he says to me "You want one more?".. I mouth "Yes please".. he says "ok, one more"... and goes and grabs a sign for Rosie... I scream and shout for the next 9 minutes...

But then..

Back on stage at the end of Rosie we are all going mad.. he then looks at ME again.. and I have my index finger up again saying "one more please".. he smiles at me, says out loud, "you still want one more?".. I say yes.. he then turns to the crowd and says "OK, one more for THIS guy" as he points at me.. before going into Twist and Shout..

I can die a happy man...

What a moment.. what a concert, what a man..

Thank you all for reading..

PS - of course, when I tell the story to non-believers, they all chuckle and think he was talking to the group of people near me.. but pssturges knows, as do I.. and so does anyone who knows that Bruce looks his fans in the eyes..
I just realised, this is pretty much rubbish anyway. He was always going to go out with a bang. Had I not left, it probably still would have happened.

Thank You!

The two I do have are Nebraska and Wrecking Ball.

Was pretty drawn into the whole backstory of Nebraska. Such an eerie LP. Haven't given Wrecking Ball a huge run.
Download The Essentials CD. Has 43 tracks or something.

But the albums I listed are all great in their own right.

When trying to suggest an album to a new/interested Bruce fan I always go with three - Darkness, Nebraska and Magic.

Whilst his entire body of work is different and other individual albums might be better, these 3 albums sum up the lot.

When trying to suggest an album to a new/interested Bruce fan I always go with three - Darkness, Nebraska and Magic.

Whilst his entire body of work is different and other individual albums might be better, these 3 albums sum up the lot.
Nebraska? Really? Not a fan at all.

Born To Run HAS to be in there.

Loved how they were playing Gaslight Anthem through the PA before each gig last week. Heard Miles Davis and the Cool and Here's Looking at You Kid at least once at every concert. Love them..can't wait to see them in May. They've actually got enough great material now to put together a good 2.5 - 3 hour gig, but they don't seem to be willing or able to go much past 1.5 - 2 hrs.

Sorry to momentarily hijack the Bruce thread.

Loved how they were playing Gaslight Anthem through the PA before each gig last week. Heard Miles Davis and the Cool and Here's Looking at You Kid at least once at every concert. Love them..can't wait to see them in May. They've actually got enough great material now to put together a good 2.5 - 3 hour gig, but they don't seem to be willing or able to go much past 1.5 - 2 hrs.

Sorry to momentarily hijack the Bruce thread.

I'm considering going.

Love their first few albums and like the last couple.

I know Bruce is a big fan. Played The 59 Sound live with them at some point didn't he?

Can certainly see the influence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back