Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

In the biographical book by Peter Ames there is some discussion on Bobby Jean and the idea that it was Little Steven. I will pull it out and quote it later. Iirc it could be but wasn't confirmed and when BUSA was released there was some speculation as well in the media at the time.
I need to read that still.

FFS.

Um. So wat size pit are we looking at Melbourne 2? It looks smaller than Melbourne 1. I reckon it's gonna be fun.
It will just be the front pit.

If you are still trying to get the tickets you want, ie a better one than you have now, and the show isn't sold out, you probably will get what you want thanks to the BS drip feeding system. When the tickets came out in September I had just paid a few big bills and was about to move so I was strapped for cash.

I wanted standing A category tickets for Adelaide. So I just let it slide thinking she'll be right given the experience of the last 2 tours. Anyway after I paid all my bills by about 10th of October I started watching the website for the Adelaide show and there were only category D seats behind the stage and standing category B the back half of the floor. So I kept logging on 3 or 4 times a week to see if some category A standing tickets dropped

I finally relented and last Saturday bought the cat B standing tickets. On Friday I go to the Ticketek venue at the newsagent 500m from work to print off my ticket. Out of curiosity I said can you check to see if they have released more tickets I might buy another one. Bugger me it said on screen there were 86 Category A standing tickets available. So a new purchase was made, despite the eftpos machine not liking my card. Good thing there was an ATM 2 stores down.

Now I know the pit in Adelaide has at least doubled from last time but the pit was probably no more than 300 in 2014. Lets say its now at 800, that means over 10% of tickets in that category were held back. I have no understanding why, because Adelaide isnt a sell out and was never going to get a 2nd show given his schedule.

Anyone need a category B standing ticket for Adelaide??

I hope to finally have confirmation before Christmas that the funding for this big technology project I have been working for a decade finally releases the first tranche of funding before Christmas. If so I will be spending a fair bit of time in Brisbane in February and will scam my way into the 2 Brisbane shows and maybe even get to the HV one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are still trying to get the tickets you want, ie a better one than you have now, and the show isn't sold out, you probably will get what you want thanks to the BS drip feeding system. When the tickets came out in September I had just paid a few big bills and was about to move so I was strapped for cash.

I wanted standing A category tickets for Adelaide. So I just let it slide thinking she'll be right given the experience of the last 2 tours. Anyway after I paid all my bills by about 10th of October I started watching the website for the Adelaide show and there were only category D seats behind the stage and standing category B the back half of the floor. So I kept logging on 3 or 4 times a week to see if some category A standing tickets dropped

I finally relented and last Saturday bought the cat B standing tickets. On Friday I go to the Ticketek venue at the newsagent 500m from work to print off my ticket. Out of curiosity I said can you check to see if they have released more tickets I might buy another one. Bugger me it said on screen there were 86 Category A standing tickets available. So a new purchase was made, despite the eftpos machine not liking my card. Good thing there was an ATM 2 stores down.

Now I know the pit in Adelaide has at least doubled from last time but the pit was probably no more than 300 in 2014. Lets say its now at 800, that means over 10% of tickets in that category were held back. I have no understanding why, because Adelaide isnt a sell out and was never going to get a 2nd show given his schedule.

Anyone need a category B standing ticket for Adelaide??

I hope to finally have confirmation before Christmas that the funding for this big technology project I have been working for a decade finally releases the first tranche of funding before Christmas. If so I will be spending a fair bit of time in Brisbane in February and will scam my way into the 2 Brisbane shows and maybe even get to the HV one.

This holding back of tickets or new release tickets or discounted tickets is becoming ******* disgraceful for those of us who opted early in to buy tickets.

Anything that stops scalpers getting all the tix, I am all for.
Yeah I get the stopping the scalpers part, but there is more to this than scalpers.

Its also about trying to create hype around selling out the event, because people panic and think it will sell out if we don't get a ticket now. Go back to December 2012 and the angst in this thread when people missed out on pre sale tickets for the Feb/March 2013 concerts for the first visit in 10 years and then when tickets were released to the public and still people couldn't get what they wanted initially. But this board learnt how things are done and there was a lot less angst in August 2013 when the Jan/Feb 2014 concert tickets were released for both pre sale and general public sales.

Gonna post some stuff about his book in the next few posts I found last night.

Here he reads from the last 3 pages of 5 from chpt 73 - Losing the Rain, when Clarence passed away. For some reason the sound cloud link says chpt 41.

Last edited:
He gave an hour interview with David Remnick of The New Yorker magazine about 6 weeks ago. He covered a lot of topics and read a bit from his book and they played a bit of music. You can download it at the link, just hit the button to the right of the +Queue button.

In October, 2016, Bruce Springsteen appeared at The New Yorker Festival for an intimate conversation with David Remnick. (The event sold out in six seconds.) This entire episode is dedicated to that conversation.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/episode-58-bruce-springsteen-talks-david-remnick/

For those who don't remember, David Remnick spent a few months with Bruce in 2012 on The Wrecking Ball tour and in late July wrote this really long article in the New Yorker which Ford Fairlane linked on page 26 of this thread, plus a smaller one with 3 videos from 1978 embedded in that smaller story.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/07/30/we-are-alive
and
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/springsteens-golden-age-1978

The week of the article Remick gave this 38 minute interview with Charlie Rose about his experience travelling with Bruce and his observations since he first saw him in mid 1973 when he was the supporting act for Chicago. Remnick was a 14 year old who snuck away to watch Chicago at Madison Square Gardens. He says he was captivated by an unknown to him, and has been a fan since. He wasn't sure if it was the full E Street band of 1973 but he had a band with him. I linked it back in 2012 but I think there were problems with the link back then.

https://charlierose.com/videos/16943

Charlie Rose has cleaned up his back catalogue of interviews as I think there was a dispute with PBS and Bloomberg TV. I couldn't link his great hour long interview with Bruce back in August 1999 so here it is linked below. Its from just before the Reunion Tour was announced. The last couple of minutes Charlie tries to get Bruce to make an announcement its on, but he cagily wont do it, despite everyone knowing its about to happen as its the reason why he gave a couple of interviews at the time.

https://charlierose.com/videos/16872

All of Charlie Rose's interviews have a transcript link on left hand side below the video screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back