Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

The audio book is 16 audio CDs, no thanks.

I would be interested however if it was available digitally.

Late to the discussion, but its available to download if you sign up for a 30-day free trial to Audible.

Haven't done it myself, but you still keep the book after cancelling the trial apparently.....

Hard copy from the Dymock's shelf will set you back $75.........

Got this email from Frontier Touring co. re cheap tickets for some of the artists they are putting on. These are the shows for Bruce they have offered cheap tickets.

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT.
BETTER THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT DON’T HAVE TO.

OUR [EARLY!] BOXING DAY SALE IS NOW RUNNING!
ENDS: FRI 23 DEC (12NOON AEDT / 2PM NZDT)

(or ends earlier if allocations are exhausted)

* Limited tickets available at discounted prices during specified promotional period
* Limit of 6 tickets per transaction
* Offer only available on shows and ticket prices as specified
* Offer only available online via links supplied on this page

Sunday 22 JanuaryPerth Arena, Perth
All Ages
Saturday 4 FebruaryAAMI Park, Melbourne
All Ages
Thursday 9 FebruaryQudos Bank Arena, Sydney
All Ages
Saturday 25 FebruaryMt Smart Stadium, Auckland
All Ages

PBS's The Newshour program had a 2 parter on Bruce on their Monday night and Tuesday night shows which were 10 and 7 minutes long respectively. PBS has put up the full unedited 40 minute interview on their you tube page of the sit down part of the interview.

Its a really good high quality interview especially getting to his essence in the early pre fame days and his insecurity vs his driving ego and self confidence that he had the goods and could be a great artist.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/watch-bruce-springsteen-complete-interview/

A couple of short videos that were link on PBS' twitter account

Last edited:
Greasy Lake poster suggesting Melb 2 will be half empty if tickets don't get a move on.

Is Melb 2 going to be the smallest pit of the tour?

Thoughts?

Well considering that you can still get good tickets and it's only about 6 weeks to go, it will be half empty to be honest. The first night will be basically full but the second night might have a weird atmosphere.

My guess is that as people are walking out AAMI after the first show they will give out vouchers/flyers advertising heavily discounted tickets for the second show. $79.99 for B reserve or something.

You can get away with patches of empty seats in an arena, but not blocks of empties in a stadium.

Guns N Roses will be the same.

Well considering that you can still get good tickets and it's only about 6 weeks to go, it will be half empty to be honest. The first night will be basically full but the second night might have a weird atmosphere.

My guess is that as people are walking out AAMI after the first show they will give out vouchers/flyers advertising heavily discounted tickets for the second show. $79.99 for B reserve or something.

You can get away with patches of empty seats in an arena, but not blocks of empties in a stadium.

Guns N Roses will be the same.

I think that AAMI is also a rather s**t venue...looking up from the Pit at the stands last time the people up the top looked like they weren't having much fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, given he changed things for the European tour, what sort of shows will we be getting?

Half of the River and the usual hits and a few rare ones especially from sign selections?? Below are the stats of songs he has played sorted by album and The River has now gone to number 1 over BTR thanks to the way The Ties That Bind Tour started.

As much as I love Out in the Streets especially that one, The River, Hungry Heart, Two Hearts, Ramrod, Ties etc I really want to hear the ones he has played very rarely, Fade Away - I have no idea why its so low, and some of the gritty songs like Drive All Night, Stolen Car, Wreck on the Highway, Point Blank, Jackson Cage. Throw in a couple of the pop tunes like Sherry Darling, Crush on You and I'm a Rocker (which was a sign request at Brisbane 2 in 2003 I attended) and it would be a good selection from The River IMO.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/albums/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html
1 The River 5907

Bruce mentioned in a NZ article (I think) that the shows will be similar in structure to the 2016 2nd US leg.
If we get shows like he did at the new Meadowlands Stadium ie Metlife in New Jersey where the Giants and Jets play, with both length and variety of show then i will be happy. Especially if we get New York City Serenade like he performed 9 of his 10 last shows on that 2nd US leg.

Last edited:
If we get shows like he did at the new Meadowlands Stadium ie Metlife in New Jersey where the Giants and Jets play, with both length and variety of show then i will be happy. Especially if we get New York City Serenade like he performed 9 of his 10 last shows on that 2nd US leg.

I doubt we get 4+ hour shows but I reckon the sets will be similar. A lot of those shows had 3 and 4-song blocks of Greetings/WIESS, then chunks of BITUSA and The River etc, with a bit of randomness thrown in. I'd love that.

But hey, who knows? No one. That's the beauty of bands like Bruce, Pearl Jam etc. Apart from a few songs, no one has a clue what's next.

I doubt we get 4+ hour shows but I reckon the sets will be similar. A lot of those shows had 3 and 4-song blocks of Greetings/WIESS, then chunks of BITUSA and The River etc, with a bit of randomness thrown in. I'd love that.

But hey, who knows? No one. That's the beauty of bands like Bruce, Pearl Jam etc. Apart from a few songs, no one has a clue what's next.
Would be ecstatic with either of these.

The bolded especially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back