Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a great night Gas, just a fantastic atmosphere. A couple of dustings of rain, that bloody big rainbow, the full moon, the rock and the E Street Band.
It doesn't get much better.

Unless you have a helicopter to get out of the car park......

Looked like a bad crash on Rock to Lancefield Rd.

The doco last night was pretty good. It was obviously mainly about his book but it had a lot of old footage. Family movies from when he was about 23, the old man cooking a barbie, eating etc and playing with his youngest sister Pamela who was 13 years his junior, footage of mum from the 1960s and 1970s etc. There was old black and white footage from 1972, Growin' Up which I have seen before and a couple of old songs. Lots of old photos as well. Plus plenty of footage from concerts including singing songs that fitted the aspect of his life being discussed eg The Wish from Hunter Valley in 2014.

Loved the story about his paternal grandma letting him staying up to 3am from about 3 to 6 years of age and he would watch a cartoon show at about 2.30 am which was the last program on TV before the channel went off air.

The stuff on his old man was interesting from the worst of times, exaggerating things in his songs, to a reconciliation, and with his mental health illness being diagnosed, Bruce and the family making sense and understanding why he was the way he was when they were younger. Tells a couple of great stories when his first son being born, just before and just after being born. . One about going back to his old neighbour and his old house and the big old tree he spent a lot of time being chopped down and his father driving 500 miles - think that's round trip miles in Califonia - and in his very simple ways saying Bruce had been very good to him and everything was going to be alright re him being a dad. It was a minimal conversation over a beer over looking the LA skyline.

The one thing that stands out from this doco as has the part of his book I have read and the longer interviews about the book I have watched or listened to, is that for many things in Bruce's life, so many things have 2 polar opposite sides, usually revolving around fear and dread on one side and confidence and acceptance on the other, or negative vs positive attitude around some issues in his life.

Last edited:
The doco last night was pretty good. It was obviously mainly about his book but it had a lot of old footage. Family movies from when he was about was about 23, the old man cooking a barbie, eating etc and playing with his youngest sister Pamela who was 13 years his junior, footage of mum from the 1960s and 1970s etc. There was old black and white footage from 1972, Growin' Up which I have seen before and a couple of old songs. Lots of old photos as well. Plus plenty of footage from concerts including singing sings that fitted the aspect of his life being discussed eg The Wish from Hunter Valley in 2014.

Loved the story about his paternal grandma letting him staying up to 3am from about 3 to 6 years of age and he would watch a cartoon at about 2.30 am which was the last program on TV before the channel went off air.

The stuff on his old man was interesting from the worst of times, exaggerating things in his songs, to a reconciliation, and with his mental illness being diagnosed, Bruce and family making sense and understanding why he was the way he was when they were younger. Tells a couple of great stories when his first son being born, just before and just after being born. . One about going back to his old neighbour and his old house and the big old tree he spent a lot of time being chopped down and his father driving 500 miles - think that's round trip miles in Califonia and in his very simple ways saying Bruce had been very good to him and everything was going to be alright re him being a dad. It was a minimal conversation over a beer overy looking the LA skyline.

The one thing that stands out from this doco as has the part of his book I have read and the longer interviews about the book I have watched or listened to, is that for many things in Bruce's life, so many things have 2 polar opposite sides, usually revolving around fear and dread on one side and confidence and acceptance on the other, or negative vs positive attitude around the some issue in his life.

What was it called?

Was it an official Doco?

What was it called?

Was it an official Doco?
He is talking about his autobiography. I'd put good money it's official seeing I saw John Landau's name in the credits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not on 9now....YouTube or any of the usual places.

You won't find it on you tube yet if it's official. Landau wouldn't allow it as he has so many countries he can sell it to.

That was a great show last night. Hanging Rock is a fantastic venue. (Apart from getting out of there) Magnificent set list as well.
In 2013 I drove to Woodend, think that was the name, parked there and was on a bus within a couple of minutes of parking, 10 minute trip to the venue, then at the end of the show, the buses got a bit of right of way, it took about an extra 15 minutes to get back to the car and then drove about 10km at the normal speed of the local road, before I got to the highway and drove back to Melbourne. I assume the buses were still running this time.

In 2013 I drove to Woodend, think that was the name, parked there and was on a bus within a couple of minutes of parking, 10 minute trip to the venue, then at the end of the show, the buses got a bit of right of way, it took about an extra 15 minutes to get back to the car and then drove about 10km at the normal speed of the local road, before I got to the highway and drove back to Melbourne. I assume the buses were still running this time.

A woman rang 3aw this morning going off her head about a massive traffic jam and drunks on the road and no trains put on after 915pm.

Haven't seen or read anything else since

A woman rang 3aw this morning going off her head about a massive traffic jam and drunks on the road and no trains put on after 915pm.

Haven't seen or read anything else since
We were prepared for it and took an esky and food for after the show. We were watching the cars and one moved a carlength in 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Was a great night Gas, just a fantastic atmosphere. A couple of dustings of rain, that bloody big rainbow, the full moon, the rock and the E Street Band.
It doesn't get much better.

Unless you have a helicopter to get out of the car park......[/QUOTE
We were prepared for it and took San esky and food for after the show. We were watching the cars and one moved a carlength in 45 minutes.
We got to the car and managed to sneak out against the flow of traffic and got out onto the road within 30 minutes by heading out of the racecourse exit.....topped off the night brilliantly. After 2013, we were prepared for a minimum of 90 minutes to get out of there. Was worried to see the ambulances and police cars flying past us,

We were prepared for it and took an esky and food for after the show. We were watching the cars and one moved a carlength in 45 minutes.

Did the same thing, had a nominated a driver, pulled out the chairs then sat around and had drinks and nibbles.
Lovely way to end a great night. If there no rush, why not.
Watched a car sit in front of mine whilst I finished two beers and a chicken roll, it did not move an inch.

I was probably in that car, but couldn't care less about been stuck as I was in the backseat with a beer still buzzing after a brilliant show.

We did the Woodend shuttle and we were in our car at 10.25pm doing 100kmh on the road back to Melbourne. It was absolutely brilliant - $5 return fare!

Then around Gisborne we hit gridlock. We moved about 2km in 25 minutes due to a booze bus in an exit lane. Everyone except buses were being diverted off and tested. I know it's for a good reason and all, but the delays caused were massive and must have got even worse later.

But nothing could dampen that night. What an absolutely magnificent concert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back