Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

I must download the live shows, have not gone on the live show website for a while.

Perth x3 and Adelaide are up so far.

I got Adel yesterday, the sound is amazing, going by the brief go I've given it so far......

Anyone going to Brisbane tonight?? Spoke to my brother inlaw last night and he told me he was pumped, despite not being in the pit like the 3 shows he went to in Brisvegas in 2013+14 tours. He cant go to the 2nd show, so he is hoping for a biggie as he knows it might be the last time he sees him.

Anyone going to Brisbane tonight?? Spoke to my brother inlaw last night and he told me he was pumped, despite not being in the pit like the 3 shows he went to in Brisvegas in 2013+14 tours. He cant go to the 2nd show, so he is hoping for a biggie as he knows it might be the last time he sees him.

Not I, but the missus is....... :p

She's #2 in the RC........

All she wants to hear is Bobby Jean, and I got it in Syd without her, so everything crossed for him doing it tonight......

Not I, but the missus is....... :p

She's #2 in the RC........

All she wants to hear is Bobby Jean, and I got it in Syd without her, so everything crossed for him doing it tonight......
Ah yeah I remember you guys split the parental duties. You went to one of the Sydney shows while she stayed home?

Ah yeah I remember you guys split the parental duties. You went to one of the Sydney shows while she stayed home?

That's it......

I went for Syd 1, got home Wednesday, and she left for Bris 1 on Thursday.... :p:p:p

Was the only way we could get more than 1 show each, with it being the 1st week of school......

That's it......

I went for Syd 1, got home Wednesday, and she left for Bris 1 on Thursday.... :p:p:p

Was the only way we could get more than 1 show each, with it being the 1st week of school......
s**t so she has been lining up since Thursday night?

Still don't know who you are :(
Lolz, I was but a quiet front rail attendee, amongst the throng of "regulars".... haha

Our infamous "regular" mentioned a few pages back, seemed to leave at about the 2 hour mark tonight, thus missing Secret Garden etc.

He was front and center next to The Mrs, and she saw him hiding his roll call clipboard this afternoon, so he could start Thursday's line up.

Off.the.planet.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lolz, I was but a quiet front rail attendee, amongst the throng of "regulars".... haha

Our infamous "regular" mentioned a few pages back, seemed to leave at about the 2 hour mark tonight, thus missing Secret Garden etc.

He was front and center next to The Mrs, and she saw him hiding his roll call clipboard this afternoon, so he could start Thursday's line up.

Off.the.planet.
Did we speak in Sydney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Still buzzing from last night! Such an amazing experience, really felt unique in comparison to the 2 shows I saw back in 2013. Set list flowed really well with no flat spots. Totally in awe of the amount of energy coming from the band for nearly 3 hours non-stop.

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, BorussiaDortmund
wow, thought he never played that live.

He grabbed a Secret Garden sign at Hanging Rock....but must have thought the better of it.

Good call at the time, as the whole place was absolutely rocking at the time and it would have slowed the show down somehwat.

Fitted beautifully into last night's set. Was it a sign request?

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
One of the shows of the tour so far though if you look at the set.

It is if you are a Bruce tragic and know a large majority of his back catalogue. Casual or curious fans may have been left a bit disappointed, but for those who have followed the tour around, last night must have been a real breath of fresh air after a tour where it seems that set lists have been far more standardised.

Last edited:

paddy18

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2009
Whoville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nope, dont think so.

Janey and Leap of Faith were......

Love Janey. It's probably my favourite "Tracks" tune, along with "Iceman".

I was actually tempted to name my daughter Janey, but my wife won. If we had followed up with another girl I would have got my way.

Last edited:

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was there in Brisbane last night too. Great show. Not really tempted to rank it among the 9 shows I've seen now, as it was just a bit different in a few ways. Serenade to kick things off was just perfect. Complete 180 from the Stayin' Alive opening in Brisbane last time around. Even the lighting for the intro just set the tone so well - Roy the only one illuminated with Bruce slowly revealed in the centre of the stage with the acoustic just gently strumming the intro. Goosebumps. This was my first show since Pittsburgh in April 2014 and that feeling of what's coming in the next three hours was still there in bucketloads.

The absolute shitstorm that was Back in Your Arms just punctuates what a unique performance and experience his concerts are. The sheer look of horror on the band members' faces when he plucked out that sign was a real treat haha. (Bruce to the band: "do we know it? Yes or no?" Mainly in Roy's direction). It started with a five minute monologue about Valentine's Day while the band tried to figure out the arrangement, but when it got going it just just so beautiful. (Bruce rocking just the mic and a flanno was a real treat). But not enough for Bruce. He just stopped and quipped "the band has the whole thing ****ed up" and it came to a screeching halt. Nils came to the rescue and quickly gave Steve and Roy a refresher and it back was on. Charlie looked completely lost and alone during the whole episode on his side haha. Poor guy. On it went for another few minutes before Bruce brought it to a close. "Just give me the piano...JUST THE PIANO," Bruce impatiently snapped at the band while Roy tinkled a few final bars and Bruce let out one more wail of the chorus. Magical. Back in Your Arms was actually played at that Pittsburgh show I saw (tightly and functionally) and was the fondest and brightest memory I had of that show while I was waiting in line last night. Never in my daydream did I imagine I'd be getting a sequel.

Actually, a great bit of banter while Bruce was talking to the audience while the band sorted themselves out.
Bruce: *part of the monologue* I don't even know who I am...
Punter: The boss!!
Bruce: You think that ******* flies at home?

Other highlights for me were Lucky Town (that REALLY rocked), Youngstown (I've been lucky to get this at most shows I've seen, love it to bits), Because the Night, Rosie, 10th Ave (Jake's sax mic dropped out big time), Bobby Jean.

Hoping for tomorrow: Spirit in the Night, Ghost of Tom Joad, Flood, Racing, Streets of Fire, Serenade again, Downbound Train, anything from Magic.

Like others, I'm pretty resigned to the fact that tomorrow will be the last time I see him in Australia at least. But along the lines of what someone said earlier, when this thread started I'd seen zero shows, and tomorrow is number 10. I'll take that.

Forgot to mention, also, The River, what a performance that was. Not one of my favourites normally, but really stood out to me last night. Janey was good fun as well, Steve forgot to do the backing nananana at the first chorus and Bruce gave him a stare.

Two songs I was hoping wouldn't be played and were: Candy's Room and She's the One. Not tomorrow please.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Great analysis!

The Pittsburgh show in 2014, woah! He did I Wanna Be With You there, which is now one of my favourite songs, and because of THAT version. So incredibly jealous.

Glad you enjoyed last night mate.

He hasn't done Streets so it's possible. We got Downbound in Sydney 1 (he played it at one of the Perth shows). Serenade will be done again for sure.

Oh, and why don't you like Candy and She's The One?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back