Bruce Springsteen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
If he came out here and did a show at the Opera House I'd pay just about anything for it.
The main building - The Concert Hall holds around 2,000. The Joan Sutherland Theatre about 1,500, Drama Theatre 540, Playhouse 400, Studio 300 and Utzon Room 200. Then there is the outdoor forecourt which can hold up to about 10,000.

I have seen Gurrumul in 2008 and Paul Kelly I think in 2009, play in the Studio. It's a bloody intimate set up. Gurrumul played the Concert Hall in 2013 at the Vivid Festival

Not sure if the show Bruce puts on at Broadway would be as intimate in The Concert Hall or The Joan Sutherland Theatre. The Studio would be ******* amazing but probably cost $1,000. Probably worth it. But it would be fun if he did 5 shows a week for 10 weeks at the Opera House.

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thread starter #8,029
1 - Born to Run
2 - Lost in the Flood
3 - Rosalita
4 - Jungleland
5 - Prove it all Night
6 - Racing in the Streets
7 - Incident on 57th Street
8 - Backstreets
9 - Candy's Room
10 - Thunder Road

If I did it tomorrow, it would probably be different.
Love the Lost in The Flood appreciation!

Cruyff14

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thread starter #8,031
I'm very unfamiliar with Springsteen's output, gave Jungleland a listen, enjoyed it a lot. Couldn't get into Rosalita. Will check out his other stuff.
I would recommend listening to Born To Run in full.

Then give Darkness a shot.

First two albums are much better live and when they were performed more recently, than their recordings.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
I'm very unfamiliar with Springsteen's output, gave Jungleland a listen, enjoyed it a lot. Couldn't get into Rosalita. Will check out his other stuff.
You might like these 2 songs that were on either side of Rosalita on the B side of his 2nd album in 1973, The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle. (B side has 3 songs and about 25 minutes). These were recorded in Oz shows in 2013 and 2014 respectively, by TheAussiemusicanman who goes to music gigs and films 2 or 3 songs per show. He has 100's of videos on music.

pjcrows

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
If I'm trying to get someone into Bruce I hit them up with Born To Run, Nebraska and Magic. I think these 3 sum up his arc pretty well as purely a starting point.

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #8,034
I go with The Wild, the Innocent, it's raw but the opening track sucks you in straight away and it has a taste of all Bruce's flavours.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shai

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
They are your favourites?
Tough call, think I was looking for something maybe others hadn't already posted (vain hope). I've got a thing for acoustic & love the vulnerability shown in Brilliant Disguise.

Don't believe there are any albums that I don't like at least a couple of songs.

This is 1 of my favs -

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Someone has taken the audio of Bruce on Broadway of Growin' Up with the Into - and layer over lots of photos of fans attending and of Bruce at the theatre sometimes with fans sometimes by himself and a very small bits of video vision from his performance. Its worth looking at some of the photos.

Top Bottom