Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Planned February tour is off.

Steve sounds like Bruce is heading back to the Covers/Nightshift Band work

I’m sorry to say it just hasn’t gelled with me; bit like Western Stars and Working on a dream.

But that last album A Letter to You was so brilliant I reckon it saved my sanity during Covid. So disappointed that I won’t hear those songs live.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

I remember seeing this episode last year - November when he released Only the Strong Survive and he went on Norton's show to promote it. Someone on twitter has obviously just seen it.

Bruce playing in Jersey at Metlfe Stadium the last few days means he's been trending on twitter. Some golden oldies popped up and playing with a golden oldie a few years ago.

Went to Brizvegas for the QF and found myself with a couple of hours to kill on Monday whilst waiting to meet mates from Sydney who now live there, and went to the Gudinski doco - Ego: The Michael Gudinski Story

Its an excellent doco about him and music industry in Oz over the last 60 years, well worth going to watch and they had interviews with Bruce and his manager John Landau. They both appear briefly early in the doco as it gives a bit of a general overview of his life, before it starts to go chronologically thru his achievements and artists he signs up and success he/they had.

Near the end of the doco Bruce and Landau get longer segments as it talks about what Gudinski did last decade. Bruce is all positive says he's a great character, everything he would expect an Australian to be and more, talked about what he did for them and basically says Gudinski was like him, a big music fan and it was more about the music than the money and that's why they got on so well.

Landau was pretty positive, says that after 2003 concert tour, Australia and NZ, Bruce didn't do that well here, and that Gudiniski was very enthusiastic about touring Bruce and the E Street Band and Frontier Touring was an important reason why things went so well and they rushed back in 2014. Then there is the 2017 tour which wasn't as big as 2013 and 2014 success.

But there is one scene where Landau is very serious and he says - I saw Michael get into some very dark places over those tours. The tone of his comments was 180 degrees apart from anything Bruce says about Gudinski. It made me think was it about money and the stress of putting on the tour and trying to keep Bruce and Landau happy $$$ wise and not lose his shirt on the tours?

I left the cinema thinking that maybe the new management of Frontier Touring just aren't as driven or as keen to do a deal with Landau and I would think even less so if Bruce doesn't tour with the E Street Band. Maybe that is why there is no tour announcement. I'm pretty sure they had people buying tickets in August and September for February tours.

I could be wrong, but that's the gut feel I had coming out of the cinema.

A few weeks ago Bruce announced his rescheduled 10 shows in March and April in western USA and then 6 shows in late August / early September on the east coast and then 8 shows in Canada in Novmber.

Tuesday he announced his 22 show tour of Europe between May and July and tickets went on sale Thursday in Europe. No Bruce before February 2025 in Oz, if ever again!

All his tour dates at

I liked his videos firing up his fans to get to his first two shows of this leg of his postponed tour, and then after Vegas show, with the core band members telling San Diego to get ready for Monday night's show (Tuesday arvo in Oz).

In Phoenix he did 29 songs - 22 in the main set, 6 in the encore, and Bruce by himself on acoustic guitar doing I'll See You in my Dreams.

Changed the show a bit for Vegas, 28 songs - started with a very Vegas - Roll of the Dice, 21 songs in the main set with 4 came out, 3 new ones in from Phoenix, 6 song encore, but swapped out last encore song Twist and Shout to start the encore with Viva Las Vegas, and the same solo acoustic guitar ending.

He has to play Rosalita in San Diego whether its part of the standard encore or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume Bruce selling his musical catalogue in December 2021 for a reported half a billion US dollars to Sony Music is why our mail inboxes have been bombarded since then to buy this or that great past show as well as the current ones since the deal was signed, as Sony get the $$$ to recoup their $500m investment.

Makes a hilarious cameo in the second last Curb your Enthusiasm this week. (S12 Ep 9) on Binge/Foxtel

I won’t spoil but even if you’ve never watched an episode this is worth a look; won’t take long to figure out wats going on and you might find a new classic comedy to watch that started 25 years ago!

I assume Bruce selling his musical catalogue in December 2021 for a reported half a billion US dollars to Sony Music is why our mail inboxes have been bombarded since then to buy this or that great past show as well as the current ones since the deal was signed, as Sony get the $$$ to recoup their $500m investment.

They need to do a Box Set or whatever you want to call it if Born in the USA.

And how are we looking for Summer 2024/25?

Any whispers/thoughts?
If Michael Gundinski was still alive, I reckon it would definitely happen.

Now that he has gone the watching of the bottom line will be more important by those in charge at Frontier Touring, and I don't think there is any other promoter keen to take the task on.

I was never really a fan of INXS, but Don't Change is a great song and Bruce did a really excellent cover of it back when he toured Australia in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back