Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching Bruce on Stephen Colbert. Fluke I found out he was on tonight, stayed up later than I wanted to and now can't sleep. Here is the interview over 3 videos. Sounds like they had a great time recording the new album over 5 days. Said they recorded this album like they had never recorded any one before.

Have replayed Ghost a couple of times since the interview with external speakers for my computer and I'm impressed with how true this is to best of the E Street's great sound and energy from earlier days.

He is on The Graham Norton show on Sunday on 10 at 7.30.

At 7.20 he talks about the last record he listened to from start to finish was a few weeks ago on 45th anniversary of Born To Run, jumped in the car with a buddy headed south from his home towards Asbury Park and talks about the places he drove past that were in the songs on BTR.

At about 1.50 they talk about there is now an official Bruce emoji. Neils tweeted it to the world recently and Bruce says he's not sure how you use it.

There are plenty of links in this story - and ones in the links - about the Album from this New Jersey / Asbury Park online newspaper

The album “Letter to You” was recorded with the band in five days with no overdubs, “completely live” at Springsteen's home studio.

“I love the emotional nature of ‘Letter To You,’ " said Springsteen previously in a statement. “And I love the sound of the E Street Band playing completely live in the studio, in a way we’ve never done before, and with no overdubs. We made the album in only five days, and it turned out to be one of the greatest recording experiences I’ve ever had.”

The album includes nine recently written Springsteen songs, as well as new recordings of three previously unreleased songs from the ’70s: “Janey Needs a Shooter,” “If I Was the Priest” and “Song for Orphans.”

Bruce has added the other 10 songs from his album up onto his youtube channel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own though hey.

This resonates with me a lot more than Magic. I love Magic, and it is a brilliant album - one of his best, for sure. But I lost my dad last month from cancer, and One Minute You're Here and I'll See You In My Dreams resonate deeply inside of me.

Bruce is the best healer. Sorry for your loss.

Just finished listening to the album. Reminded me of one of those carnival rides that starts out slow and easy and by the end your stomach has landed in your feet :D

By the time I'd flown through House of a Thousand Guitars, Rainmaker, Ghosts and Song for Orphans my head was spinning. I'll See You in my Dreams was a superb way to slow the ride, get off and get ready to go again.

I started off thinking this is a comfortable old Springsteen album and then Bruce fired up the afterburners and we were rocking along. Mighty Max's driving drums really power a number of the songs and really stood out for me.

Just finished listening to the album. Reminded me of one of those carnival rides that starts out slow and easy and by the end your stomach has landed in your feet :D

By the time I'd flown through House of a Thousand Guitars, Rainmaker, Ghosts and Song for Orphans my head was spinning. I'll See You in my Dreams was a superb way to slow the ride, get off and get ready to go again.

I started off thinking this is a comfortable old Springsteen album and then Bruce fired up the afterburners and we were rocking along. Mighty Max's driving drums really power a number of the songs and really stood out for me.
Highlights? Any faults?

Highlights? Any faults?

Will have to listen again to focus on highlights, right now it's just one big musical carnival in my head.

It was a bit of a slow burn for me to begin and I started out thinking this could be like Magic, really solid but nothing truly outstanding. But it really picks up pace as it goes, like slipping through gears in a Shelby Mustang on the open highway.

Will have to listen again to focus on highlights, right now it's just one big musical carnival in my head.

It was a bit of a slow burn for me to begin and I started out thinking this could be like Magic, really solid but nothing truly outstanding. But it really picks up pace as it goes, like slipping through gears in a Shelby Mustang on the open highway.
It's a 10/10 album from start to finish.

I have it in front of Magic, WB, for sure. Probably on par with Rising (though this is the better record from a full album perspective).

It's a 10/10 album from start to finish.

I have it in front of Magic, WB, for sure. Probably on par with Rising (though this is the better record from a full album perspective).

Yes, I really liked the whole album and the flow was so good. There was nothing there I thought 'Could take it or leave it it', it all worked so well together.

I wasn't blown away by Letter to You as a single release, but the flow from One Minute You're Here really elevated it for me. And as I've said from there it just keeps gathering speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back