Bruce Springsteen

Each to their own though hey.

This resonates with me a lot more than Magic. I love Magic, and it is a brilliant album - one of his best, for sure. But I lost my dad last month from cancer, and One Minute You're Here and I'll See You In My Dreams resonate deeply inside of me.
Condolences for the loss of your dad mate. Still can visualize seeing him in the pit with you, up on the screen at the 2nd Hanging Rock concert in 2013.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well I have finally got into it across the week and really like it. I don’t think it is as solid as Magic song for song but it’s on a par with The Rising.

When you scratch the surface it feels sad. The realisation that you’re not immortal and the end of the road is way further along than the start.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Condolences for the loss of your dad mate. Still can visualize seeing him in the pit with you, up on the screen at the 2nd Hanging Rock concert in 2013.
Thanks very much Russell.

He had terminal cancer and thankfully his decline was rapid and did not suffer for long - only a few days at its worst.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok guys, you've had a bit more time to formulate an opinion - what do you make of the album?

I think it's a nice, solid effort and I found a lot of the tracks sounding the same.

my favourite tracks are one minute you're here , last man standing, power of prayer, rainmaker and i'll see you in my dreams.

It would be a good album to hear played live from start to finish.

RIP to your Dad.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think it's a nice, solid effort and I found a lot of the tracks sounding the same.

my favourite tracks are one minute you're here , last man standing, power of prayer, rainmaker and i'll see you in my dreams.

It would be a good album to hear played live from start to finish.

RIP to your Dad.
Where does it rank in his albums for you?

Oh yeah, absolutely it would.

Thanks Revo. He was a wonderful man who I miss every day.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well I think I have listened to this album 100 times this past month and I love it. I reckon it’s the best work and most consistent work in years. There’s not a track I don’t like. The recording is perfect. I have no idea musically about anything but this just rocks. Absolutely damn spewing that they can’t Tour this album. Hopefully next summer and I will be down in the Pit again! Fingers crossed!

A whole heap of kick ass!

Saw that before Christmas. If in 5 years time he is still touring with the band and has done a couple of more albums, I reckon Ghosts will be a standard on the set lists. It is a great full E Street Band song.

Saw that before Christmas. If in 5 years time he is still touring with the band and has done a couple of more albums, I reckon Ghosts will be a standard on the set lists. It is a great full E Street Band song.
Inshallah your namesake is okay.

Back