Bruce Springsteen

The Boss' daughter missed out on going to Rio, but she's going to Tokyo. She may still miss out as one of the four selected riders will be a reserve. The Boss wont be going, he has his gig's on Broadway and there is a no foreign spectators ban.

Jessica Springsteen, the daughter of legendary musician Bruce Springsteen, is heading to Tokyo. The 29-year-old was named to the U.S. Olympic equestrian team as one of the four riders set to compete. One rider will be designated as a traveling reserve.

Springsteen and her horse Don Juan van de Donkehoeve were selected along with teammates Kent Farrington, Laura Kraut and McLain Ward. Brian Moggre and Lucy Deslauriers will be reserves.

This will be her first Olympics after failing to be named to the 2016 team when her horse dealt with leg issues for several months.

It's worth noting that her father, who will be performing on Broadway, will have a one-month break from "Springsteen on Broadway” between shows from July 17 to Aug. 17. The Tokyo Olympics will be held from July 23 to Aug. 8 but no foreign spectators will be permitted.

The team will be led by Chef d’Equipe Robert Ridland and team leader Lizzy Chesson. Competition will be held Aug. 3 through Aug. 7 at Equestrian Park Avenue, according to the release.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Both!

I can talk for hours about Bruce.
Just a quick review of a list of my top Bruce songs suggests that my key hitting zone for the big fella is Born To Run-Darkness-The River-Nebraska-Born in The U.S.A.-Tunnel of Love-era. There's stretch of course, but I tend to gravitate back to those albums. I do like a bit of Ghost Of Tom Joad as well.

BITUSA was still a big deal when I was a young'un so I think that inhabits a strangely special place in my heart.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just a quick review of a list of my top Bruce songs suggests that my key hitting zone for the big fella is Born To Run-Darkness-The River-Nebraska-Born in The U.S.A.-Tunnel of Love-era. There's stretch of course, but I tend to gravitate back to those albums. I do like a bit of Ghost Of Tom Joad as well.

BITUSA was still a big deal when I was a young'un so I think that inhabits a strangely special place in my heart.
Can't say that without sharing the list!

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Can't say that without sharing the list!
It's a pretty 'back of the envelope' from about 30 mins work this morning, but...

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 2.09.13 pm.png

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's a pretty 'back of the envelope' from about 30 mins work this morning, but...

View attachment 1203581
The biggest things that stick out there for me is Darkness only in "quality" and Glory Days, DITD, I'm Goin Down & Hungry Heart in "God Tier"

Also, how ******* awesome is Two Faces. WOW!

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The biggest things that stick out there for me is Darkness only in "quality" and Glory Days, DITD, I'm Goin Down & Hungry Heart in "God Tier"

Also, how ******* awesome is Two Faces. WOW!
As I say, BITUSA is more close to my heart so I don't look at it purely objectively. I should have added a caveat that these would move between classifications quite regularly based on my mood.

But Darkness to me just doesn't quite meet elite - at its best it'd probably hit 'most excellent'.

Two Faces very solid.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
No LOHAD

2/10 resubmit.

;)
It just doesn't move me, ya know?

I get how it would possibly, but it just doesn't. Was considered and probably unlucky if I'm honest.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Where is Flood? Rosie? Incident? Serenade? Growin Up?
Lost In the Flood - overlooked such was the haste of my list-making. probs fits into 'Better Quality' or 'Most Excellent'
Rosalita (?) - is in there
Incident - not one I immediately thought of but should be in Quality - his vocals are more delicate than I'm used to but it's a pretty song no doubt
Serenade - overlooked and should be in 'Better Quality' for mine
Growin' Up - never really warmed to it personally

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lost In the Flood - overlooked such was the haste of my list-making. probs fits into 'Better Quality' or 'Most Excellent'
Rosalita (?) - is in there
Incident - not one I immediately thought of but should be in Quality - his vocals are more delicate than I'm used to but it's a pretty song no doubt
Serenade - overlooked and should be in 'Better Quality' for mine
Growin' Up - never really warmed to it personally
Fair enough on all.

Flood is number 3 for me. It is incredible.

Also, I notice you have Magic so high. Worst song on the album IMO. Devil's Arcade, Gypsy Biker, Your Own Worst Enemy, Last To Die all very underrated. LWH the clear stand out on there.

This is all opinion of course, so not berating you lol.

Back