Rumour BRUCE to Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't believe this rumour to be true!
Why would the Gold Coast want to recruit someone over 30?
They surely would be looking at players who could give them 3 years quality service at the least!
The absolute oldest age they should be looking at is 28!

Is not true from what I know. I hear he is in talks with the Eagles:thumbsu:

Is not true from what I know. I hear he is in talks with the Eagles:thumbsu:

First thought was troll, but it said 'St Kilda' not 'Red Card'.

Why on earth would the Eagles want Bruce? They have more than enough players who can't hit the side of a barn door, unless they're planning some anti-kicking, revolutionary style of play. WC need a rebuild, not 1-2 years of experience.

Like others have said, if he is going, I hope he announces it so he can be sent off in Round 22.

Played hsi best footy with us, at times looked like he'd become a star but never quite got to that level. Still was a very good player for us over a long period of time though.

His form over the past two months has been brilliant.

He has been a good servant of the club for the past decade but his past his best and I dont see him as part of our future so I think its good move if he leaves.

He has maybe 1-2 years left in him so I dont think we'll get much in terms of draft picks

If true, this is the greatest news i've heard since the debt was demolished. Bruce is the only player on our list who holds value by compensation but not by trade. We are likely to recieve an early 2nd round pick as he is a former BnF winner and has finished top 5 a number of times. Whilst the stats will say bruce is having a great year I can't wait to get him out of the side. we are trying to build a game plan around speed and skill, Bruce has neither. Personally I thought bruce was smashed by hodge on the weekend, although he didnt have a lot of the ball every time he did hodge created a scoring chance for the hawks, on the other hand bruce gets all his touches across CHB and has no real influence on the game. Dont get me wrong I love bruce and have for some time now, but going forward he is not in our best 22 and if we can pick up something for him now than that is a huge bonus. If he were to play on I think next year would be his last, potentionally this way we could pick up a quality player who will be around for years to come...Please be true

Did you watch the game?
Bruce was probably our best player for the match, whereas Hodge would have been lucky to in the top 10 players on the day

Hated Bruce at the start of the year, have had to consume numerous humble pies since then. Showing his value :thumbsu:, would be a shame to lose him to the franchise

would hate to see bruce go. has been a fav of mine for several years now, was it 3 years ago he polled 3 votes in each of the three opening games then got injured?thought that was going to be his year.
has been in great form lately, but i can understand why he would go to the suns as his career would be wrapping up with the dees soon.
hopefully a farewell game if it is true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete bullshit, not a chance he would leave now

If we are offering him 1 year and GC are offering him 2 or 3 years on a higher wage I would think he would definately do it.

Id be happy to trade him for a pick in the mid 30's so if the calculator gives us better than that (perhaps mid 20's is a chance??) I think Melbourne would be happy too - particularly given everyones limited access to picks for the next few years.

For memory this was floated out there by Mike Sheehan so i spose it has some credibility. IMO i don't know why GC would be after Bruce, he has a good player but at 31 is he really worth it. Financially i could see why Bruce would go he is most likely to get a mutliple year deal worth more money than Melbourne will offer him. It is a bit hit and miss whether GC will be any good in their forming years.

I would hate to see Bruce go, but we have many exciting youngster coming through that can lnog term fill his void. Morton for starters, Bail has improved out of sight along with Gysberts, Struass and Blease who could all fill a role similar to Bruce.

For the record and i can see Bruce playing to his mid 30's, he has stated previously he feels as though he body can do this. He was an amateur footballer until being drafted by Melbourne at 20 (he wouldn't of done the hours of training like Scully or Trengove at comparative age) he has also had minimal injuries. Maybe he can see himself playing to 35 with GC, but may not last that long at Melbourne.

For memory this was floated out there by Mike Sheehan so i spose it has some credibility. IMO i don't know why GC would be after Bruce, he has a good player but at 31 is he really worth it. Financially i could see why Bruce would go he is most likely to get a mutliple year deal worth more money than Melbourne will offer him. It is a bit hit and miss whether GC will be any good in their forming years.

I would hate to see Bruce go, but we have many exciting youngster coming through that can lnog term fill his void. Morton for starters, Bail has improved out of sight along with Gysberts, Struass and Blease who could all fill a role similar to Bruce.

For the record and i can see Bruce playing to his mid 30's, he has stated previously he feels as though he body can do this. He was an amateur footballer until being drafted by Melbourne at 20 (he wouldn't of done the hours of training like Scully or Trengove at comparative age) he has also had minimal injuries. Maybe he can see himself playing to 35 with GC, but may not last that long at Melbourne.

This must be a different Mike Sheahan surely?

I wouldnt have guessed theyde be after him, but I could understand them wanting at least 1 or 2 30 year olds on their list given how many youngsters theyll have.

Bruce would be the right type as hes of excellent character, experienced and has co-captained. And he's actually still playing reasonable football so he would contribute on the feild for another year or so as well.

This must be a different Mike Sheahan surely?

Don't rate Sheehan? Whether you like what he says and writes or not, the bloke would have a lot of inside soruces within the AFL. He is better than two-thrids of the clowns that write or speak rubbish in the media.

Also does't mind pumping the dees up at every chance :thumbsu:

I wouldnt have guessed theyde be after him, but I could understand them wanting at least 1 or 2 30 year olds on their list given how many youngsters theyll have.

Bruce would be the right type as hes of excellent character, experienced and has co-captained. And he's actually still playing reasonable football so he would contribute on the feild for another year or so as well.
Guy's got it from a good source that melb has only offered Bruce a 1 year contract while GC has offered 2 years. Cameron see's the writing on the wall ala James McDonald.

Guy's got it from a good source that melb has only offered Bruce a 1 year contract while GC has offered 2 years. Cameron see's the writing on the wall ala James McDonald.
This rumour is an absolute crock of s**t probably made up by Yze Magic.
Bruce is simply too old no one gives 2 year deals to 30 year olds, Gold Coast won't waste picks like that.

How does Junior retiring make people think that Bruce is off to the Gold Coast? If anything it should confirm that Bruce is staying, someone had to be let go to get Green on the veterans list and they decided that it would be McDonald, just like last year when someone had to make way for Bruce and they decided that it would be Robbo. I seriously doubt that they would of wanted to get rid of McDonald just to replace him with a rookie pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back