Bruce William McAvaney - The always updating Quotes Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
His commentary is actually horseshit and has been for years. We’ve heard of struggling players continuously getting selected purely due to reputation and what they’ve done in the past and this is a classic example of the same thing happening with a media figure

His commentary is actually horseshit and has been for years. We’ve heard of struggling players continuously getting selected purely due to reputation and what they’ve done in the past and this is a classic example of the same thing happening with a media figure
Take me back to Sandy Roberts and Dennis Cometti :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
You still have momentum. You can still kick just as far, look at Suckling as a good example. It doesn't need to be pointed out that they didn't have a run up

You're kicking from a standing stationary start.....Therein lies the differential behind the terminology.

Bruce is one of the better, more literate commentators around.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
19821014-7774123-Prime_position_Bruce_is_hoping_the_home_which_provides_unobstruc-a-15_1575931...jpg

qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams
Take me back to Sandy Roberts and Dennis Cometti :hearteyes:
Sandy was always underrated, he never had a 'true' understanding of the game like Bruce or Dennis but he had the voice and could create excitement, which in the end is a play by play callers job, leave the expert commentators to do the other. I always remember Sandy calling the last quarter of the 83 final between the Hawks and Fitzroy rivetting stuff! Peter Landy was another, made some shocking calls but again, I liked him, he brought excitement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back