cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
Nohing wrong with it at all.

For those that didnt hear it, he went in to this weird story about how Matt Thomas and Chad Cornes used to run around Adelaide shirtless and said something like "Gee I bet that would have created some interest".

"Past my house in Glenelg in their speedos" were his exact words.

Staggering.

Whatever happened to the commentator just calling the surname of the player.
Do we have to have Stevie J, Jakey (Melksham, Carlisle, King etc), Big Boy, Buddy, Roughy?

Whatever happened to the commentator just calling the surname of the player.
Do we have to have Stevie J, Jakey (Melksham, Carlisle, King etc), Big Boy, Buddy, Roughy?

And apparently Norths Leigh Adams changed his name at the end of last year to Patch Adams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

courtjester

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I rate McAvaney as a caller. The thing I hate lately, despite the homo stuff, is that he fails to call the game in any detail at all. His commentary is just 70% extended excited drawls of the players names...

Deledioooooooooo, to Kiiiiiiiiing, to Rieeeeeeeewoldt, hand passes to Griiiiiiiiiiiig, short little kick to Astburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, turn oooooooooover".

Drives me *in insane.

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I rate McAvaney as a caller. The thing I hate lately, despite the homo stuff, is that he fails to call the game in any detail at all. His commentary is just 70% extended excited drawls of the players names...

Deledioooooooooo, to Kiiiiiiiiing, to Rieeeeeeeewoldt, hand passes to Griiiiiiiiiiiig, short little kick to Astburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, turn oooooooooover".

Drives me ****in insane.

I don't know if it's always been the case, but I've noticed lately that Bruce has been calling the game like it's on radio. Play by play desciptions are not that necessary on television.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Dont rate him at all as a caller. Disgrace. But agree wholeheartedly with your second poooooooooooiiiiinnnt!

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I used to think until recently when I read a couple of posts on here that he was genuinely ignorant to some of the things he said.

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
I used to think until recently when I read a couple of posts on here that he was genuinely ignorant to some of the things he said.

This is the thing with Bruce. He puts it on. He's not gay, just likes speaking like a gay man and doesn't care what people think.

He's one twisted ####.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back