Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
This was going to be a thread about how the umpires favoured the Tiges, but I had a look at the replay and changed my mind. Iuf anything, the Tiges were hard done by. We belted them off the park. It's great to see strong fearsome play from all our blokes, especially Rocca and Cloke.

I was less happy with Licuria-it's great he blanketed Cambell, but I'm not fond of those Libba tactics like ripping off bandages. Freeborn will probably go on video for the Pettifer hit-that was a silly thing to do.

While I don't condone gratuitous rough play, I love to see the boys going so hard for the ball. Even if they do give away the odd free, I'd rather they do that than hang back. Brisbane have that kind of intensity, and its the sort of approach that wins finals.

A great example was the Cloke shepherd in the goal square. He gave away a free, but at least he was attempting something poitive-if it came off we'd have the goal. If not, at least opponent would think twice next time. It wasn't dirty play, it was strong focused play, just what we need.

I was rather...dissatisfied with the umpiring in the first quarter, quarter and a half (8-2 at quarter time), but it finished 20-19 our way so the umps obviously favoured us after halftime. The Richo shepherd leading to one of Stafford's goals really p*ssed me off.

Lica did a great job, I wasn't aware it was him who had ripped off Campbell's bandage, but those two were going at it all day. If Gaspar and Hall can fucak around with Taz and Josh without giving away frees i couldn't give a rats what Lica did.

Originally posted by Cyclops

I was less happy with Licuria-it's great he blanketed Cambell, but I'm not fond of those Libba tactics like ripping off bandages.

Its about time somebody at Collingwood responded to the dirty tactics that have hindered Buckley all year. If it works for Carr, Ling, and a dozen other mongrels it will work for Licuria.

To quote Alice Cooper, NO MORE MR NICE GUY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back