Bruuuseeeee-Bruuuseeee Bruce! Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris Major

Formerly 'kitsoasis'
Apr 28, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Makes a hell of a difference not having to mark in packs of 4+ like he did last season.

Brucey was a hero against North. I hope he brings it to the Lions game. I know he will.
Cold and wet in Ballarat unlikely to be much fun for any of the tall blokes...

Dogsman16

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watched the highlights again, Astro was responsible for about 5 of Bruce's 10. Josh owes him some big time false leads and blocks.
His second efforts are also unreal. The spoil on goldy that led to Bruce's second. The Cunnington tackle that he then hit up English for a goal. The 3 peat effort to get VDM a shot on goal. The tackle that should have resulted in Smith kicking a goal.

Wayne Carey is one who realises that Naughton is much more than a "contested mark - kick at goal forward" His all round forward game is really really good. And his leading patterns are improving.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
His second efforts are also unreal. The spoil on goldy that led to Bruce's second. The Cunnington tackle that he then hit up English for a goal. The 3 peat effort to get VDM a shot on goal. The tackle that should have resulted in Smith kicking a goal.

Wayne Carey is one who realises that Naughton is much more than a "contested mark - kick at goal forward" His all round forward game is really really good. And his leading patterns are improving.
yeah, hated seeing him playing deep. I mean, he was as good under a high ball as anyone, but that is such a low percentage role. Rolls royce plowing a field.

The 'naughton to defence' argument says saving 5 goals is better than kicking 2 - but playing across half forward, he is saving goals by stopping the ball rebounding off our half forward line all the time.

Dogsman16

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
yeah, hated seeing him playing deep. I mean, he was as good under a high ball as anyone, but that is such a low percentage role. Rolls royce plowing a field.

The 'naughton to defence' argument says saving 5 goals is better than kicking 2 - but playing across half forward, he is saving goals by stopping the ball rebounding off our half forward line all the time.
Not to mention he is creating goals through these passages of play.

Remove this Banner Ad