Bruuuseeeee-Bruuuseeee Bruce! Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a hell of a difference not having to mark in packs of 4+ like he did last season.

Brucey was a hero against North. I hope he brings it to the Lions game. I know he will.

Cold and wet in Ballarat unlikely to be much fun for any of the tall blokes...

Watched the highlights again, Astro was responsible for about 5 of Bruce's 10. Josh owes him some big time false leads and blocks.

His second efforts are also unreal. The spoil on goldy that led to Bruce's second. The Cunnington tackle that he then hit up English for a goal. The 3 peat effort to get VDM a shot on goal. The tackle that should have resulted in Smith kicking a goal.

Wayne Carey is one who realises that Naughton is much more than a "contested mark - kick at goal forward" His all round forward game is really really good. And his leading patterns are improving.

His second efforts are also unreal. The spoil on goldy that led to Bruce's second. The Cunnington tackle that he then hit up English for a goal. The 3 peat effort to get VDM a shot on goal. The tackle that should have resulted in Smith kicking a goal.

Wayne Carey is one who realises that Naughton is much more than a "contested mark - kick at goal forward" His all round forward game is really really good. And his leading patterns are improving.

yeah, hated seeing him playing deep. I mean, he was as good under a high ball as anyone, but that is such a low percentage role. Rolls royce plowing a field.

The 'naughton to defence' argument says saving 5 goals is better than kicking 2 - but playing across half forward, he is saving goals by stopping the ball rebounding off our half forward line all the time.

yeah, hated seeing him playing deep. I mean, he was as good under a high ball as anyone, but that is such a low percentage role. Rolls royce plowing a field.

The 'naughton to defence' argument says saving 5 goals is better than kicking 2 - but playing across half forward, he is saving goals by stopping the ball rebounding off our half forward line all the time.

Not to mention he is creating goals through these passages of play.

We probably need to give Brucey a bit more credit than we have. He was pretty laughably bad last year but to his credit he’s really put in the work and it’s showing.

He’s on his way to a career best year with a fair bit of pressure given JUH & Schache have been breathing down his neck all year. Big game against North but he’s still kicked 15 from the other 7 games which is a great return, playing with lots of energy and competing really well. Holding most of his marks this year too.

One of his best games for us, I rate it better than his 10 v North. We beat up a hugely inexperienced side that day, against the Blues he really needed to work for his chances.

His ruck work was also really good, had a few good leaps and still showed up going back to the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of his best games for us, I rate it better than his 10 v North. We beat up a hugely inexperienced side that day, against the Blues he really needed to work for his chances.

His ruck work was also really good, had a few good leaps and still showed up going back to the forward line.

Yep, seems to have been overlooked a bit, but he delivered a 4-quarter effort as a forward, and also was more than capable as the back up ruck against genuine ruckmen. I'm not a fan of using him as the chop-out ruck longterm though, this week Bevo's hand was forced, but hopefully we can continue to play 2 rucks with English as a forward/ruck and Martin or Sweet as the main ruck.

I hope English is ready this week so that we can get the Three Headed Beast back in action in our forward line.

Ashes to Ashes
Dust to Dust
If Naughton or English don't kill you,
Then Brucey must.

Here’s a quote from some nuffie:

“He’s only kicked 25 goals and 3rd on the Coleman because he kicked 10 against North”

Take away Cameron’s medal because he kicked bags against the wooden spooners in 2019 then.

Dumbo logic.

“He’s only kicked 25 goals and 3rd on the Coleman because he kicked 10 against North”

Take away Cameron’s medal because he kicked bags against the wooden spooners in 2019 then.

Dumbo logic.

Even without that game he'd be going at 2+ goals a game which is all we want

Dumbo logic.

Don’t remember any other team having a forward kick 10 against Norf, including Melbourne and Geelong.

He’s not our most important player obviously but he’s moving up that ladder every week. Key forward taking grabs and kicking goals at important times, gets up and down the ground and chops out effectively in the ruck (where he also does some really good follow up work when the ball’s on the ground).

He’s been awesome this year, structurally important and reliable. He’s improved out of sight, it’s great to watch.

Just a gentle reminder that the bloke cost us picks 32 and 51. He's second in the Coleman right now and is only behind Aaron Naughton and Tim Membrey for marks as a pure forward.

Clearly, something wasn't right last year, but last year has an asterisk on it for so many other reasons, I think most players get a pass.

Really loving having the big bloke up forward. If I had hair I'd rock a man bun and put one bright pink hair tie around it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back