Toast Bryce Gibbs Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very good player for us in some terrible times. Would have loved him to have finished his career in navy blue.

The hard part was telling my 7yo son that Bryce was off to the crows and trying to explain the draft picks coming back where he kept asking why don't we just get Eddie back.

Mate, I think the AFL would be better if it was run by 7 yo's. Their instincts are pure and innocence is a great virtue until the adults spoil it with self interest.

Seriously, what are the chances??!?
The two things I’ve dreaded in football, and they occur within weeks of each other...
Richmond win a flag.
Bryce Gibbs gets traded.

The game I love has forsaken me!

But I hope Bryce goes on to win a flag at the Crows.
It’s no secret, He’s one of my all time favourite Carlton players. I wish him all the best.
Thank you, Bryce. Thank you for all the highlights and your dedication to the Carlton Football Club. You’ll always be a Blues Champion in my eyes.

Geez he looks terrible in those colours.

Mentioned Sauce and Eddie a few times...gonna suck watching those 3 in Crows colours.
In a sliding doors scenario they could all be at Carlton and winning finals for us.

Good thread. Was impressive to see the way he talked about Carlton as a club.

Really happy with how this worked out in the end.

Win-win-win

We basically turned Charlie Cameron into Gibbs and some minor pick downgrades (10 to 12, late 1st to early 2nd etc).

You got your two 1st rounders

Gibbs and his young family get back home to their friends and family

Good result all round

First time on your board guys. Hope I am not intruding as I normally don't go on other team boards (especially our quesneighbours).

Nice thread and very nice balanced logical emotional comments. Pity our team board sometimes can't match some of the sentiments expressed here.

As a passionate and loyal AFC supporter and member, I would like to say a big thank you to the CFC and Bryce in the way they handled the trade.

It would have been easy after the "stuff" that happened (or maybe it didn't....????? - media spin???) at the trade table last year for this trade not to happen.

Classy negotiations and media spin from all involved this time around.

IMHO the end result is squarely a win/win for all parties. It is a pity it is one year delayed in happening but hey, shite happens and you move on.

I only hope that Bryce can give the Crows a fraction of the value that he has obviously provided to the Blues. Rest assured, we will treat him like family as we have done with Eddie and Sam and like you have recently done with Wrighty and Kedge.

Not sure he will get a pocket named after him but you never know.

Cheers

Seriously, what are the chances??!?
The two things I’ve dreaded in football, and they occur within weeks of each other...
Richmond win a flag.
Bryce Gibbs gets traded.

The game I love has forsaken me!

But I hope Bryce goes on to win a flag at the Crows.
It’s no secret, He’s one of my all time favourite Carlton players. I wish him all the best.
Thank you, Bryce. Thank you for all the highlights and your dedication to the Carlton Football Club. You’ll always be a Blues Champion in my eyes.
You're alive! I saw your post and thought it's like catching up with family members you haven't seen for a while at a funeral.

Geez he looks terrible in those colours.

Mentioned Sauce and Eddie a few times...gonna suck watching those 3 in Crows colours.
In a sliding doors scenario they could all be at Carlton and winning finals for us.

He looks better in these colours.

Edit: thylacine60

Last edited:
First time on your board guys. Hope I am not intruding as I normally don't go on other team boards (especially our quesneighbours).

Nice thread and very nice balanced logical emotional comments. Pity our team board sometimes can't match some of the sentiments expressed here.

As a passionate and loyal AFC supporter and member, I would like to say a big thank you to the CFC and Bryce in the way they handled the trade.

It would have been easy after the "stuff" that happened (or maybe it didn't....????? - media spin???) at the trade table last year for this trade not to happen.

Classy negotiations and media spin from all involved this time around.

IMHO the end result is squarely a win/win for all parties. It is a pity it is one year delayed in happening but hey, shite happens and you move on.

I only hope that Bryce can give the Crows a fraction of the value that he has obviously provided to the Blues. Rest assured, we will treat him like family as we have done with Eddie and Sam and like you have recently done with Wrighty and Kedge.

Not sure he will get a pocket named after him but you never know.

Cheers
it's like dropping your kid off first day at school and being reassured by the principal he'll be well cared for

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks better in these colours.

if there was a million tunes to choose from, the one behind that montage still wouldn't get used.....does that make sense? like, I didn't like the music?

Thanks for all the great memories Bryce. It’ll hurt to see you in another jumper, but good to know you’re close to family.

I remember this guy being tagged at the age of 18 after the opposition coach made the mistake of leaving him to do what he wanted off half-back for a quarter. Natural decision maker. Wish we had more of them.

Love that tackle on Tredrea. At the time I said it was like a tabby bringing down a wilderbeast.

Last edited:
Someone do a montage to this little bewdy...

Hey true Blue, don't say you're gone,
Say you've headed down the race, and you'll be back later on.

Kick it to Tex straight, front of his face.
Really gonna hurt the first time, you find Eddie out in space.

True Blue, is it cos of Roo?
Is it for your Dad? Is it Che Cockatoo?

Is it standing next to Murph, when he took a wife? Or cos we didn't get Fyfe?

Hey true Blue, the skill you showed,
So glad we didn't get Rockliff, that guy is such a choad.

True Blue...the trade was fair.
And we brought in Matthew Kennedy,
That kid has a massive pair.

Hope the fam enjoy SA,
Get the support you need,
Could have happened last year,
But for ******* Reid.

True Blue, it worked out right,
But in that ******* ugly jumper,
Your even more pasty white.

True Blue...

Remove this Banner Ad