Toast Bryce Gibbs Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce and Murph are about the first two players I'm old enough to remember the era of the hype around drafting them and now see Bryce's Carlton career take place. Can't underestimate his professionalism in 2017 for coming back to the club and giving his all, a great player on his day that looked to have it all. Genuinely hope that if we're not in contention the likes of Bryce, Eddie and Sam can get an elusive premiership, would hold no animosity towards any of them. Cheers Bryce, you don't play 230 games at Carlton and deserve to be victimised, all the best

Lauded him enough over the years.

Favourite Gibbs moment......that game against Port, Round 23 2013.....last quarter, frantic mayhem, ball pops out, Gibbs, gets it, takes the bounce, smashes it home........Carlton make the finals....and I was there!!

Utterly lost my marbles.

Love him!!
Must have smashed a few Coopers that night.

Thanks Gibba. Was really impressed with your 2017 form after the trade fell through last year. Wish we'd been a better club for you as a player, and gotten together a better list for you to play and succeed with in the 11 years with Carlton. You moving to Adelaide is hopefully good for you and your family, and good for the Blues getting to #17.

All the best. No good games against us thanks.

Hey true Blue, don't say you're gone,
Say you've headed down the race, and you'll be back later on.

Kick it to Tex straight, front of his face.
Really gonna hurt the first time, you find Eddie out in space.

True Blue, is it cos of Roo?
Is it for your Dad? Is it Che Cockatoo?

Is it standing next to Murph, when he took a wife? Or cos we didn't get Fyfe?

Hey true Blue, the skill you showed,
So glad we didn't get Rockliff, that guy is such a choad.

True Blue...the trade was fair.
And we brought in Matthew Kennedy,
That kid has a massive pair.

Hope the fam enjoy SA,
Get the support you need,
Could have happened last year,
But for ******* Reid.

True Blue, it worked out right,
But in that ******* ugly jumper,
Your even more pasty white.

True Blue...

Fairdinkum. Deadset. Classic.

All the best to Bryce and his family. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he was the ultimate gentleman. Sad to see him go but excited for our future.

Thanks for the memories Bryce :heart:

Fairdinkum. Deadset. Classic.
Was way funnier last night after 55 beers.

The more appropriate comment might be that I had to spend a couple of hours on Thursday night consoling a distraught seven year old, and talking him down from an Adelaide membership.

Puts you into another sphere as a footballer when the kids genuinely love you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so don't want Bryce to win a flag with Adelaide. I am really going to miss him and wished he had stayed.

I do. Bryce with a premiership medallion around his neck, along with Eddie and Sauce? "I'd like to see that." Even if it has to be in Adelaide colours.

And if that knob, Walker, were to pull a hammy or cop a suspension in the prelim... well, let's just say "I could live with that." :p

Geez he looks terrible in those colours.

Mentioned Sauce and Eddie a few times...gonna suck watching those 3 in Crows colours.
In a sliding doors scenario they could all be at Carlton and winning finals for us.

With Ratts as coach and Fev,Waite,jeffy, T-bird,Juddy,Mitch, Carazzo,Laids, Yaz etc

The more appropriate moment might be that I had to spend a couple of hours on Thursday night consoling a distraught seven year old, and talking him down from an Adelaide membership.

I have a lot of little jumpers with the number 4 on them. Lucky we now have a few bigger jumpers with 9 on them.

You're alive! I saw your post and thought it's like catching up with family members you haven't seen for a while at a funeral.
Thanks, mate. Yes I’m that creepy uncle stuffing sandwiches in his pockets..

It feels a little like a funeral. I never wanted this trade to happen, but now that it has, I hope both Carlton and Gibbs are in a better place...

Thanks, mate. Yes I’m that creepy uncle stuffing sandwiches in his pockets..

It feels a little like a funeral. I never wanted this trade to happen, but now that it has, I hope both Carlton and Gibbs are in a better place...

Don't be a stranger Coach, I like your style and a sense of humour is always appreciated.

The more appropriate comment might be that I had to spend a couple of hours on Thursday night consoling a distraught seven year old, and talking him down from an Adelaide membership.

It happens. I've literally cacked myself to sleep after posting whilst pissed...then you wake up in the morning expecting 50 likes and a complimentary Platinum Membership only to find donuts...good times. Honestly loved the last line about Gibba's vampire tan.

Anyways...that's no good re your young fella...

Twas pretty lucky to grow up with SOS, Braddles, The General, Sticks, and Secco as heroes...that lot weren't going nowhere.

Oh to be a powerhouse again. Soon enough it comes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back