Traded Bryce Gibbs - Pt. 2 - [traded to Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is someone quoting stuff from over 1 year ago. Can someone tell them "it's the internet blah blah 2 weeks"

I think you are pigeon holing development and anchoring too much with age

Eg Greenwood is 26 next season and will be a pretty good player by 28 for 2-3 years

Yeah he will be a pretty good player but he is not a kid. Silvagni is a kid, there's a big difference

• Carlton win this trade 100 times over. The reason Gibbs has only missed a few games is because in 11 years I can't remember him getting his shorts dirty.He is so skilled at avoiding contact that requires courage not to different to Craig Bradley,the difference being one is a match winning superstar and the other a Prima Donna. SOS killed it in this trade...got paid big time

That's presuming the young ones are good enough to replace them to the same level

Simpson is a superstar IMO and Murph while not being at his best for a while is a damn fine player

The signs are already there for their replacements. With so many young players with exposed form already, you can't forecast without expecting a few to reach those heights. Would take a brave man to suggest SPS and Curnow won't make it to a very high level.

Murphy won our B&F this year incidentally. Simmo is a gun but is already replaceable if need be.

The signs are already there for their replacements. With so many young players with exposed form already, you can't forecast without expecting a few to reach those heights. Would take a brave man to suggest SPS and Curnow won't make it to a very high level.

Murphy won our B&F this year incidentally. Simmo is a gun but is already replaceable if need be.
Curnow and Cripps will be the superstars

SPS very good

• Carlton win this trade 100 times over. The reason Gibbs has only missed a few games is because in 11 years I can't remember him getting his shorts dirty.He is so skilled at avoiding contact that requires courage not to different to Craig Bradley,the difference being one is a match winning superstar and the other a Prima Donna. SOS killed it in this trade...got paid big time
We know that's absolute rubbish

Gibbs has had very good tackle and constested possession numbers last few years , he torched us this year and was hard as nails ( was obviously trying to impress us )

We know that's absolute rubbish

Gibbs has had very good tackle and constested possession numbers last few years , he torched us this year and was hard as nails ( was obviously trying to impress us )

I've seen almost all his games live since day one and the only memorable game that comes to mind was this year against the Suns. Ablett Judd Selwood Dangerfield even Swan played games like that most weeks.

It's a bit of fun

FWIW I think the trade was good and a win/win

We needed an experienced player and more exposure in the 2018 draft to try and draft 2-3 quality SA kids

Gibbs won't be playing in your next flag campaign and you'll have 2 pretty good players instead

Yep, 100%

What I’m getting at is why refuse to pay the price last year, and quite possibly have it cost you a premiership, but pay the price this year?

Simple answer is, Reid and the crows ****ed up, they were so sure we’d fold that it hurt their ego if they upped the offer at the death....the melts last year from crowbot supporters and their trade variations meant parting ways this year for what we wanted the previous is ridiculous.

Good luck to Bryce, the way he played this year was pure professionalism and he clearly loves Carlton dearly....it was a win/win in the end for both Carlton and Bryce

Yep, 100%

What I’m getting at is why refuse to pay the price last year, and quite possibly have it cost you a premiership, but pay the price this year?

Simple answer is, Reid and the crows ****** up....the melts last year from crowbot supporters and their trade variations meant parting ways this year for what we wanted the previous is ridiculous.

Good luck to Bryce, the way he played this year was pure professionalism and he clearly loves Carlton dearly....it was a win/win in the end for both Carlton and Bryce
I don't agree . Bryce wouldn't have added 10 goals to us GF day and our circumstances changed as we had 2 players wanting to leave which gave us more picks to deal with and more need to get experience in ( hence getting Gibson as well )

Whether we should have ponied up a year earlier will depend on how Galluci and your pick 16 go . I can see the logic and it wasn't a f.ark up

I probably would have done it the year earlier FWIW but calling it an error isn't correct - yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or pick 20-22 next year with SA's best talent in years on the board

Have you heard we've got retention issues ?
Banking on the Blues being bottom 4 lol?

Silvagni being open to pick swaps says something which may be lost on you Crows fans..

Yep - I think you guys will be shoe in for bottom 4 next year

Will start improving thereafter though

Bolded are the players who are expected to sharply improve their output in 2018

Plowman(23) jones(27) Weitering(20)
Mullet(27) Marchbank(21) Byrne(23)
Docherty(24) Cripps(23) Murphy(31)
Pickett(22) Casboult(27) SPS(20)
Fisher(20) Mckay(20) Silvagni(20)

Kruezer(29) Curnow(21) Kennedy(21)

Ed(28) Wright(28) Cuningham(21) Lang(22)

Realistically with only Gibbs going out, I would be surprised if we only improve by one position on the ladder.

Bolded are the players who are expected to sharply improve their output in 2018

Plowman(23) jones(27) Weitering(20)
Mullet(27) Marchbank(21) Byrne(23)
Docherty(24) Cripps(23) Murphy(31)
Pickett(22) Casboult(27) SPS(20)
Fisher(20) Mckay(20) Silvagni(20)

Kruezer(29) Curnow(21) Kennedy(21)

Ed(28) Wright(28) Cuningham(21) Lang(22)

Realistically with only Gibbs going out, I would be surprised if we only improve by one position on the ladder.
So where will you finish ?

I reckon we will finish 10th and I reckon you will finish 5th

Swap of 2nd round picks is insignificant.
I would be very surprised if you finished 10th or near it.

With your line-up you posted, it is very inexperienced & lacks firepower up forward to kick a winning score. Your priority will be to get games into these kids, which will more likely see you in the bottom 4 imo.

I think we will both finish at least a half a table apart.

I think you're missing it..

The only players Silvagni secured which the crows weren't given access to by way of draft position were SPS and Weitering. Every other player the Crows had access to but chose not to select or trade for.

As an example, the crows could have secured Charlie Curnow, Cuningham and Jack Silvagni but went for Doedee and Milera instead.

The crows could have picked up Fisher, Macreadie, Williamson, Polson or Kerr, but went with Gallucci, Poholk, himmleberg, Signorello and Davis.

Of those players, here are their relative ratings:

Curnow
McKay
Silvagni
Cuningham
Fisher

Milera
Williamson
Macreadie

Gallucci
Polson
Poholk
Himmleberg
Kerr
Signorello
Davis

You're such a clown.
Most of those guys you picked wouldn't have played one game for Adelaide.
There is no way you can rate guys that haven't played at AFL level yet.

Milera is already ahead of Fisher and Cunningham too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back