Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

as much as i reckon bryce gibbs is pretty soft. you would have to be the absolute king of softness to throw a tantrum about playing football for half a million clams a year and living in melbourne. some of the people claiming he 'doesn't want to be there' or whatever need to enter some kind of institution.

he'll be the same effective player for carlton he was this year. life will go on. his missus will adjust.

Our list has many needs and SOS is addressing those needs. Is Reid addressing yours? Its funny, for all the hot air and bluster from Crows fans posted here on the drafts board, a quick trip over to their club board reveals the unanimous opinion that Reid is hopeless and has yet to display the acumen one would expect from a list manager.

On its own, letting Wright go for nothing seems innocuous enough, but when looked at as part of a series of events it paints a troubling picture.
and SOS has demonstrated that if it aint a GWS player then it aint worth getting.

At least we are prepared to critique our list manager

#INSOSWENEAFL

A 5 year contract at 600k+ vs 3 years at carlton getting 300k a year because we front loaded his contract, its pretty obvious why he wanted to go home isn't it?
i have no inside knowledge of Gibbs and his family stuff/money. All i know is he wanted to come back, if someone doesn't get what they want generally they feel upset, a previous post mentioned the wife going to the horses and bryce posting on social media and i think this can hide things, that is all i was saying

about as much as your quote of it

Right. One is baiting nonsense, the other is trying to stop the baiting nonsense. Same ... but not.

Geez Idk about that. Gotta wait & see of course, but there's some pretty big wraps on Marchbank's ability. Potentially, the Blues have just locked in the last piece of a 10 year elite KPD partnership.

I didn't mean overall trade period, I meant this specific trade. I think there was a definite win-win opportunity available with this trade taking into account the respective positions of each club's list. Carlton may well have improved overall with other trades and could have enhanced that even further. I do think Adelaide have gone backwards overall given their list position and missed a big opportunity.

Overall I'm happy this trade didn't get done. Adelaide haven't improved and neither have Carlton.
You never know, the Bulldogs came out of nowhere to win their second premiership over 50 years after the last one. Carlton could end up making finals. At least I hope we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mean overall trade period, I meant this specific trade. I think there was a definite win-win opportunity available with this trade taking into account the respective positions of each club's list. Carlton may well have improved overall with other trades and could have enhanced that even further. I do think Adelaide have gone backwards overall given their list position and missed a big opportunity.

u cant look at trades in isolation its the collective trades u gotta analyse. keeping our first couple of picks and getting our main target for the loss of one best 22 player and a future second was a great result. gibba was not a lost opportunity because u gotta keep some good players when ur rebuilding. getting rid of all the good players will actually set u back and hinder the development of the youngsters. crippa will be better by keeping gibbs and getting murph back.

yes, your attempt to stop the baiting nonsense is going swimmingly at the moment.

So far you have prevented any unnecessary comments from being posted. OR HAVE YOU...

Yours was a trolling comment. Own it.

If you can find it within yourself to hold a constructive discussion about the Gibbs non-trade instead of frivilous baiting comments, I'll make sure I am subscribed.

Anything?

u cant look at trades in isolation its the collective trades u gotta analyse. keeping our first couple of picks and getting our main target for the loss of one best 22 player and a future second was a great result. gibba was not a lost opportunity because u gotta keep some good players when ur rebuilding. getting rid of all the good players will actually set u back and hinder the development of the youngsters. crippa will be better by keeping gibbs and getting murph back.

Yes like I said - I'm happy with the outcome

I have been with others, maybe i'm not the problem

I thought I had been too. Although I didn't take any cheap shots at your team so maybe I need more practice.

Aim high my friend, a bit more competitive is the ceiling for your club. I reckon you can reach it

I thought I had been too. Although I didn't take any cheap shots at your team so maybe I need more practice.
one post taken out of context will do that. it directly related to a comment that is the aim of your team, written by a blues supporter, previously commenting on the trading of wright.

Jumping in as superman does not help your noble effort of keeping the thread on topic

one post taken out of context will do that. it directly related to a comment that is the aim of your team, written by a blues supporter, previously commenting on the trading of wright.

Jumping in as superman does not help your noble effort of keeping the thread on topic

He never said that was the aim of our tram. He said Wright helped make us a little more competitive. You're the one that cynically suggested that was our ceiling.

Of course I could have misunderstood your motives but I'm not sure.

wow, did you even think about how that sounds when you wrote it... A player we didn't want is your leading goal kicker. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

#INSOSWENEAFL

Up, up and away ....

He never said that was the aim of our tram. He said Wright helped make us a little more competitive. You're the one that cynically suggested that was our ceiling.

Of course I could have misunderstood your motives but I'm not sure.

Up, up and away ....
once again, it makes no difference if you are sure. If the comment was directed or quoted to you then sure, muse over the meaning all you like, the poster i was commenting to was apparently content with my comment.

I'm not sure, but i assume he did not call his knight in shining armour (you) to come and help him out.

It is probably time for you to Go, go and go-away...

once again, it makes no difference if you are sure. If the comment was directed or quoted to you then sure, muse over the meaning all you like, the poster i was commenting to was apparently content with my comment.

I'm not sure, but i assume he did not call his knight in shining armour (you) to come and help him out.

It is probably time for you to Go, go and go-away...

Nah sorry man. You weren't having a private conversation. Put it here and it is fair game. Crap comment called out, nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back