Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Ross Gibbs did say you'd had a couple of cracks at him before. I think you're being a little naive to think Gibbs just called the Crows out of the blue having never been approached. And nothing I've read discounts the possibility; just that Gibbs informed the Crows of his actual willingness to request a move at the 11th hour. You really think that this is the first time the two parties ever discussed the possibility?

Are you reading stuff that isnt there?

Last time gibbs was coming out of contract no doubt Adelaide approached if they didnt they would be incompetent as should Port have. If Sloane was coming out of contract you would expect carlton to put the feelers out to his manager, is your club that incompetent you wouldnt do it.

Gibbs 100% undoubtadly has confirmed he wanted to come to Adelaide for family reasons and Adelaide went hard for him what is there to read into? Im sure Port asked the question aswell unless they dont want to improve their list. If any player says he wants to come home to Adelaide both clubs must investigate same as a victirian wanting to go home of course you would investigate

Gibbs declared what he wanted to do, are you saying he didnt?

In the article you linked to, Ross (the guy I referred to originally) is quoted as saying that Adelaide had "had cracks at him in the past" and "went harder" this time.

No dispute Gibbs decided he wanted to return to South Australia. What's less clear to me who initiated the idea of Gibbs moving to Adelaide. If it was purely a genuine need to return to SA, he would have nominated both SA teams. Instead he elected the club that his father has stated as "having a crack" at him in the past. Maybe I'm wearing blue coloured glasses.

Polec elected Port how did that work?

Gibbs declared what he wanted to do, are you saying he didnt?

Would be kinda hard to inform the Crows at the 11th hour of his willingness to request a trade if he didn't don't you think?

So you really do believe that Reid, Gibbs' ex-manager, had no contact with Gibbs prior to him informing the club that he would request a trade? That this was just an out of the blue call by Gibbs saying "hey I want to come to Adelaide, will you have me?". Like I said, I think you're being a little naive here.

Would be kinda hard to inform the Crows at the 11th hour of his willingness to request a trade if he didn't don't you think?

So you really do believe that Reid, Gibbs' ex-manager, had no contact with Gibbs prior to him informing the club that he would request a trade? That this was just an out of the blue call by Gibbs saying "hey I want to come to Adelaide, will you have me?". Like I said, I think you're being a little naive here.

Hahaha yeah, not really into conspiracy theories obviously you are

Oh, so you're that type of poster. Was just food for thought, but it's no use discussing these things with a pessimist, carry on :)

Actually no, I was simply trying to find out when we were going after an uncontracted Himmelberg, because I didn't know we had. But good for you

In the article you linked to, Ross (the guy I referred to originally) is quoted as saying that Adelaide had "had cracks at him in the past" and "went harder" this time.

No dispute Gibbs decided he wanted to return to South Australia. What's less clear to me who initiated the idea of Gibbs moving to Adelaide. If it was purely a genuine need to return to SA, he would have nominated both SA teams. Instead he elected the club that his father has stated as "having a crack" at him in the past. Maybe I'm wearing blue coloured glasses.

Maybe the good old Port Adelaide / Glenelg hatred is why the Power is a no-go zone
Or maybe the Power couldn't make a move on him as they're probably maxed out $ wise ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe the good old Port Adelaide / Glenelg hatred is why the Power is a no-go zone
Or maybe the Power couldn't make a move on him as they're probably maxed out $ wise ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe they offered Hartlett as a straight swap but got knocked back

The only facts we know is Gibbs wanted to live in South Australia for family reasons unlike some conspiracy theorists in tin foil hats thinking

Well the Crows can have another crack this year and with the abundance of quality talls available in the draft it may just get done.
Gibbs has talent and an unique iconic value to South Australian Footy.
Lets enjoy his performance this season I've got a feeling it will be a ripper.
Go Baggers

Well the Crows can have another crack this year and with the abundance of quality talls available in the draft it may just get done.
Go Baggers

You never know we just gave Betts a 4 year deal but then again he is a level above Gibbs

You never know we just gave Betts a 4 year deal but then again he is a level above Gibbs

One should never compare player's expertise.
However Eddie is very good too but front and center and not in the engine room apart from flashes here and there, a slight difference.
Gibbs is a very good footballer and a household name in your neck of the woods, I'm surprised at the sentiments.
However I have a feeling that Bryce will turn it on this year , given he'll have a little more support from Murphy , Palmer and a quite a few quality youngsters will be interesting come season's end.

The only facts we know is Gibbs wanted to live in South Australia for family reasons unlike some conspiracy theorists in tin foil hats thinking

Yes. We know quite late in the piece, Gibbs let Adelaide know that, to facilitate living closer to he and his partner's immediate family, he'd decided to request a trade If you think that 'traded to where' and a rough idea of the terms hadn't been sorted out well before that call, you're a numpkin.

Yes. We know quite late in the piece, Gibbs let Adelaide know that, to facilitate living closer to he and his partner's immediate family, he'd decided to request a trade If you think that 'traded to where' and a rough idea of the terms hadn't been sorted out well before that call, you're a numpkin.

What foil did you use to make your hat, have you got any other conspiracy that have absolutely zero confirmation by anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One should never compare player's expertise.
However Eddie is very good too but front and center and not in the engine room apart from flashes here and there, a slight difference.
Gibbs is a very good footballer and a household name in your neck of the woods, I'm surprised at the sentiments.
However I have a feeling that Bryce will turn it on this year , given he'll have a little more support from Murphy , Palmer and a quite a few quality youngsters will be interesting come season's end.

Come on compare Betts to other small forwards and you could name Rioli and Wingard but it would be debatable who's the best, most would probably go Betts ATM

Now Gibbs compared to his same position midfield how does he compare to Danger, Sloane, Fyfe, Bonts, Kennedy s**t the list goes on, seriously you can't, Murphy or Cripps are your best midfielders

As I said mate, if you think the first time a potential move was discussed was the minute Gibbs decided to request a trade, then you're the one with the tin foil hat on.

Mate the facts are written in quotes from the player himself even your own club, you just keep saying it makes sense and you believe how it occurred are you accusing your own club and Gibbs especially of blatantly lying, gee do you wNt such a dishonest player in your team?

Mate the facts are written in quotes from the player himself even your own club, you just keep saying it makes sense and you believe how it occurred are you accusing your own club and Gibbs especially of blatantly lying, gee do you wNt such a dishonest player in your team?

There had been nothing said that contradicts anything I've posted. I'm seriously shaking my head that you honestly believe the story started with Gibbs letting the Crows know he was willing to request a trade. Gibbs himself said he and his partner had been discussing the idea of returning to Adelaide for about 12 months. You've got rocks in your head if you think there had been no contact between his management and the Crows before he settled on the desicion.

There had been nothing said that contradicts anything I've posted. I'm seriously shaking my head that you honestly believe the story started with Gibbs letting the Crows know he was willing to request a trade. Gibbs himself said he and his partner had been discussing the idea of returning to Adelaide for about 12 months. You've got rocks in your head if you think there had been no contact between his management and the Crows before he settled on the desicion.

Oh so Gibbs is lying, because it is written nowhere or quoted nowhere we approached Gibbs

Oh apart from you thinking we did

Ps how Is that tin foil hat going read this one it is pretty damn clear

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/gibbs-approaches-crows-about-move-home

Oh so Gibbs is lying, because it is written nowhere or quoted nowhere we approached Gibbs

Why would Gibbs be lying? He's never said the Crows hadn't ever approached him. And in fact, we know from Ross Gibbs that they certainly had in the past.

All that article states is that "Bryce and his management have spoken to the Adelaide football club ...", unless you think an editors headline counts as a quote from someone involved. You're kidding yourself believing this is the first time the two parties had been in contact about a move.

Feels so superior holding a player who would prefer to be somewhere else. Yeah well done. Could have a first rounder running around for them in 5 years time when they're actually back in the top 8 instead of Gibbs for 2-3 years.

Problem is the price the Blues wanted was not offered up by the crows.

Saying it was a 1st rounder offered is misleading, the Blues would have accepted a 1st rounder in the range of what? (pick 8 - 13?). The crows would only offer a 1st rounder in the range of what? (pick 14 - 19?)

Why would Gibbs be lying? He's never said the Crows hadn't ever approached him. And in fact, we know from Ross Gibbs that they certainly had in the past.

All that article states is that "Bryce and his management have spoken to the Adelaide football club ...", unless you think an editors headline counts as a quote from someone involved. You're kidding yourself believing this is the first time the two parties had been in contact about a move.

From Ross

“The Crows have had a couple of cracks at Bryce before and haven’t quite got it right and they went harder this time so there was genuine hope that he would be able to come home."

Problem is the price the Blues wanted was not offered up by the crows.

Saying it was a 1st rounder offered is misleading, the Blues would have accepted a 1st rounder in the range of what? (pick 8 - 13?). The crows would only offer a 1st rounder in the range of what? (pick 14 - 19?)

Think your spot on with this, if the pick offered up was inside the top 10, the deal most likely gets done.
Pick 15 just wasn't what SOS was will to accept, Crows were unwilling to except that they would need to pay slightly overs to get a player who is still contracted across the line.

I'm confident we'll get the same offer or deal again this year's trade period.
An addiontal year will not diminish Gibbs value one bit, he's a very durable and elite footballer in fact I'm expecting a stellar performance this year to showcase his professionalism and commitment.

He's not elite, he's a solid B+ player. You won't get the same deal, unless you're one of the loons who thought we'd pay 2 firsts for him. And he's important to you, he's the difference between 3 wins and 4 wins.

Go Baggers
Nah, I think that boat has sailed. Way too much bad taste in everyones mouths.
He will be a year older and not worth as much as we offered last year.

He's not elite, he's a solid B+ player. You won't get the same deal, unless you're one of the loons who thought we'd pay 2 firsts for him. And he's important to you, he's the difference between 3 wins and 4 wins.
As long as it is 3 or 4 wins over the Crows we will be very happy:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back