Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Gibbs will be getting about this morning wishing he a deal done with the blues, looking like they are in for a long long year
Blues might be wishing they took those picks.

You Farrrrrrking crows,
I think your Midfiield Depth, may cost you a chance of a Top four finish!

You Footy department Werent Brave enough to pony up.
Your Premiership window wont stay open for long!

FWIW I had a chat with a guy who played junior footy with him at Glenelg and is still in a circle of mates who keep in contact with him and regularly catch up.

He reckons Gibbs and his partner are adamant they want to live in Adelaide next year.

I personally would be disappointed if we paid too much for him, as I don't really rate the guy due to lack of showing any real brilliance at a club who has struggled fo most of his ten year career.

Of course Carlton want a lot for him, and they have the right to ask for it. He is on a high value contract and should have thought about the ramifications of signing a long term contract and committing himself to the Blues for that tenure.

I think our club sees his value different to Carlton and that will be a sticking point again this Trade Week. We really don't need him at the price Carlton want.

FWIW I had a chat with a guy who played junior footy with him at Glenelg and is still in a circle of mates who keep in contact with him and regularly catch up.

He reckons Gibbs and his partner are adamant they want to live in Adelaide next year.

I personally would be disappointed if we paid too much for him, as I don't really rate the guy due to lack of showing any real brilliance at a club who has struggled fo most of his ten year career.

Of course Carlton want a lot for him, and they have the right to ask for it. He is on a high value contract and should have thought about the ramifications of signing a long term contract and committing himself to the Blues for that tenure.

I think our club sees his value different to Carlton and that will be a sticking point again this Trade Week. We really don't need him at the price Carlton want.

Is there a trade week this week,,:huh::huh:

If there was i think you crows would pony up for Gibbs. Knowing were you midfield depth is.

Most Long term contracts not only benefit players Shaggs.

What would the crows pay for a premirship flag.

Is there a trade week this week,,:huh::huh:

If there was i think you crows would pony up for Gibbs. Knowing were you midfield depth is.

Most Long term contracts not only benefit players Shaggs.

What would the crows pay for a premirship flag.

If Gibbs is so good, how come Carlton have never looked close to being a flag contender under him?
How come he has never been an All Australian?
How come he has only won two Carlton BnFs and they were in seasons where you did not play a Final?

Has he been your best player for most of his ten year career?

I think both clubs would be best served if he stayed with you guys.

Think your spot on with this, if the pick offered up was inside the top 10, the deal most likely gets done.
Pick 15 just wasn't what SOS was will to accept, Crows were unwilling to except that they would need to pay slightly overs to get a player who is still contracted across the line.

The thing is gibbs isn't worth that, which is why we didn't pay it. Carlton were clowning.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide fans are awfully chirpy given the state of their midfield at the moment.

I wouldn't swap for yours, even though it's clearly our weakest area and your strongest. That kinda tells you where the teams are at doesn't it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon Gibbs will be getting about this morning wishing he a deal done with the blues, looking like they are in for a long long year

5 weeks this thread lay dormant. Surely just trolling now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says even more about losing by 80 points
Doesn't it? That the other team wasn't even full strength or giving 100%

Carlton weren't at full strength and we are working on systems not results. We have used the last 2 preseasons for fitness opting to use players for a half and switch them rather than use unlimited interchange. There will be at least 8 changes to that side come round 1.

If Gibbs is so good, how come Carlton have never looked close to being a flag contender under him?
How come he has only won two Carlton BnFs and they were in seasons where you did not play a Final?

Cos it takes more than one player to win a flag champ....

Carlton were never going to trade Gibbs this year unless Crows agreed to a stupid price. He is needed in our midfield to take pressure off the first year midfielders we drafted.

Next year he won't be needed as much and I suspect a deal will get done. It won't be for what we were asking for last year.

We are? Where abouts?

Oh, you were trolling. Go for it.

Very rich and ironic given its the same post as yours with "Adelaide" replaced with "Carlton".:drunk:

Could say the exact same as you, that you are trolling! ;)

But whatever.:rolleyes:

Bob Skilton won 3 Brownlows and he played finals once.

Dumb reasoning is dumb reasoning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back