Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your premiership drought is 19 years to our 22, no one in the world cares about anything else. Accepting mediocrity as a level of achievement is the highway to the Richmond board.

Winning consistently still feels pretty good.

I presume it feels better than years of playing for the first pick in the draft, but I guess I don't really know.

Carlton have not improved at all since SOS came in. He has tried to plug holes (ala; Richmond under Dan Richardson until this season) to get a quick rise up the ladder and earn himself another fat contract, but their list truly looks worse than it did when Barker was interim coach.
The most concerning thing about SOS is that with all the knowledge of the GWS kids he has, he managed to get a heap of the dud ones while Collingwood got the cream. He obviously isnt a great eye for talent.

Last edited:

The most concerning thing about SOS is that with all the knowledge of the GWS kids he has, he managed to get a heap of the dud ones while Collingwood got the cream. He obviously isnt a great eye for talent.

Sos trolling is becoming a thing for a small percentage of bitter Crows posters it seems and a handful from other clubs. Doing a great job rebuilding what was a really poor list 2 years ago. Stick to issues with your own list manager.

Yes you were, at no stage did you ever offer 2 draft picks in a straight swap for gibbs and pick 60 odd isn't worth the paper it is written on

"The last offer by Adelaide before the siren sounded on the trading circus was pick 13, a future third rounder and Jake Kelly, the son of Collingwood premiership player and influential player agent Craig ‘Ned’ Kelly."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/525a6f8c71dba96386d67a282358cce6

A pick in the third round is a pick in the 40s.

"The last offer by Adelaide before the siren sounded on the trading circus was pick 13, a future third rounder and Jake Kelly, the son of Collingwood premiership player and influential player agent Craig ‘Ned’ Kelly."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/525a6f8c71dba96386d67a282358cce6

A pick in the third round is a pick in the 40s.
Based on your current ladder position = 18 36 54 + f/s selections, free agency compo, academy selctions = a pick that gets you the 70th best kid in the draft. You also threw in a list clogger to save you the trouble of delisting him.

The reality is that offer worth is less then pick 13 alone.

Btw your own link revealed the real final offer to be,
"13 this year and swapping say, pick 38 for pick 41 in 2017."

Last edited:
You do realise that team is 0-6 ATM in 2017 and 2016 is now irrelevant right...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure how relevant Sydney's form last year is to this year. Can you explain because every time I look at the ladder it suggests they're playing awful football. Do you think you beat the 2016 Swans? Is that the relevance? Geez you guys clutch at straws, one of your brethren even suggested Gibbs is heading towards an AA berth.

Not so smug now? Every win is a win.

Thanks for letting us keep Gibbs. He went OK again :thumbsu:

Yes you were, at no stage did you ever offer 2 draft picks in a straight swap for gibbs and pick 60 odd isn't worth the paper it is written on

And this way of thinking is why you have such a poor team. Walker, Laird, Atkins, Cameron, Hartigan, Kelly were all taken later than 60. About half our team were taken later than 40. It's not about how many high draft picks you have, it's about using them effectively, and developing late picks effectively.

I have little faith in the way SoS is handling Carltons drafting/trading. Feel their rebuild will take longer than expected.

And this way of thinking is why you have such a poor team. Walker, Laird, Atkins, Cameron, Hartigan, Kelly were all taken later than 60. About half our team were taken later than 40. It's not about how many high draft picks you have, it's about using them effectively, and developing late picks effectively.

I have little faith in the way SoS is handling Carltons drafting/trading. Feel their rebuild will take longer than expected.

Some of our players are also late picks (Simpson, Williamson, Rowe, Curnow, Army, etc.), but when you traded Dangerfield you did not say pick 60+ will do it as we trust our drafting did you. So why make dumb suggestions here.

Hope SOS continues to surprise you (should not be hard), as our kids are looking awesome and not all are high picks.

Rebuild going to plan so far - if anything ahead of schedule as drafted players exceed expectations.

And what reasons do you have for this lack of faith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. This is some dumb s**t right here. Hey, we'll trade you 5 picks in the 60's for Jake Lever. How about it? I'm telling you, it's a bloody steal for you blokes.

Lol. This is some dumb s**t right here. Hey, we'll trade you 5 picks in the 60's for Jake Lever. How about it? I'm telling you, it's a bloody steal for you blokes.
Why 5 picks? At the rate Adelaide use late picks they only need a single pick in the 60s and they'll land a player even better than lever.

Your drafting experts have the advantage of only 2 teams fighting over the homesick players, it only takes port to rate them wrong and you get freebies all down the draft. In victoria we don't get gifts like that because one of the 9 other sides will almost certainly be interested in them.

My point though was that pick 60 you can get the same kid at pick 120, at that range its about which recruiter sees something in them that no one else did otherwise they would already be gone, in a trade sense it is worthless we aren't going to pick up a gun at pick 60 that wouldn't still be there at pick 65

This thread is really bringing out the worst in both groups of supporters. Pretty sad because, generally speaking, members of our clubs normally get along fairly well.

dont really get all the hostility - crows didn't want to pay what we wanted. gibbs seems like he was happy with either option.

maybe revisited this trade period

dont really get all the hostility - crows didn't want to pay what we wanted. gibbs seems like he was happy with either option.

maybe revisited this trade period
Agreed. Whats done is done. Be interested to see what the Crows would pay if there was a midyear draft looming. Would expect it be significant. Look to be coming back to the field a bit.

Crows being exposed for a lack of quality mids. Tag Sloane out of the game and they have nothing. They must be really frustrated at stuffing the Gibbs trade..could've made a real difference.

How long will Adelaide's window be open ?
Premierships are hard to come by.
Gibbs is going nicely again this year , good strong consistent footy .
Wonder whether Reid will come with a professional approach this year ?
Maybe that chance has bolted and Gibbs is now happy to stay in Navy Blue ...

Why on earth is this thread still open? Its literally just Carlton supporters shitting on Crows supporters after a loss and vice versa. Is this what its like reading SA shitfights for outsiders?

Why on earth is this thread still open? Its literally just Carlton supporters shitting on Crows supporters after a loss and vice versa. Is this what its like reading SA shitfights for outsiders?
Yep!:D

.... but as Adelaide think Gibbs is a B grade hack I really cannot understand that anger.

Sometimes you need to make crazy moves to win a flag like Hawks did with Lake.

Adelaide don't have that absolute winners intestinal fortitude that Alistair Clarkson has.

Brisbane has a better midfield if Sloane is shut down and could shock the early favorites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back