Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Its official, and no longer a rumor:

BRYCE Gibbs could be on the move from Carlton after expressing his desire to return home to South Australia. Adelaide confirmed today Gibbs and his management have spoken to the club regarding a trade.

Gibbs is contracted to Carlton until the end of 2019 after signing a five-year deal in 2014.

“Bryce and his management have spoken to the Adelaide Football Club and he’s got a strong desire to come home,” Adelaide list boss Justin Reid said. “We also respect that he’s a Carlton football player and he’s contracted, so we’ll leave it at that for the meantime.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...a/news-story/e5a69588b610bcc20ac0f366aacbb9ad

Let the silly season commence.

I highly doubt Gibbs has any ill will against the club always seemed happy anyway. IMO he will probs do a Judd and only accept to be traded if we are adequately compensated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

Hopefully the clubs can come to a quick agreement that's fair for both parties, and we can both move on.

I don't suppose there's any kind of consensus about what you'd want for him?

Wouldn't call it consensus but it's been mentioned by other posters, best hope for a fair deal is to get GCS involved. He's in his prime, contracted for three years, and your mob don't (yet) have the picks to make it worth our while.

Always was a big fan of Bryce, family comes first and if moving back to Adelaide is best for him & his family well all good from me.
We are in a rebuild and pick 13 will help. My son who is a mad Crows supporter will be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello

Hopefully the clubs can come to a quick agreement that's fair for both parties, and we can both move on.

13 for Gibbs is the starting point.

The consensus here is also that Lyons will also be part of the deal. From there it get's into whether we trade back 24, or if 13 and Lyons is actually enough.

Hello

We'd have to be starting our negotiation point at two mid/late first rounders, or a quality player and pick 13. Where that ends up is anyone's guess.

Also been some good suggestions about North being interested in Lyons from you and Tuohy from us which opens up a three way trade.

Not a bad result, we've been burnt in the past with players leaving as free agents and uncontracted and at low value. Gibbs fits neither. Contracted, fit, in form. I don't mind the suggested trade of Lyons and pick 13 but keep our pick 24 out of it. This deal needs to go in our favor, for once the ball in in out court. it's going to mean we probably really struggle down the bottom next year but so be it. For where we and Gibbs are at, it's not a bad move providing we do well out of it which we should. Crows need to pay top dollar though it we walk, Gibbs has no leverage and neither do Adelaide.

Pick 13 and Jake Lever please.

Yikes

You'd have Weitering, Lever and Marchbank - the potentially greatest KPD defence of all time!!!!

13 for Gibbs is the starting point.

The consensus here is also that Lyons will also be part of the deal. From there it get's into whether we trade back 24, or if 13 and Lyons is actually enough.

There's previously been lots of talk on our board about Gibbs + 24 for 13 + Lyons

I vaguely saw something about us trading Lyons / CEY / Grigg to GCS for a mid 20's pick, then packaging that pick and one of the other two players mentioned for Gibbs, but that could be construed as wishful thinking on our part

Hello

The photo of Tex and Gibbs yesterday.

They are not only swapping Clubs, they are swapping houses.

Discussing removalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back