Bryce Gibbs staying at Carlton - Silvagni in the no blinking zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely hoping you cave.
I'm just saying how do you know we didn't offer a 1st and 2nd? The AFL article and Jake Nial? I think there would have been 20 iterations of the deal. We only dealt with you by the looks. Do you see Crows not putting forward a 1st and 2nd or that Carlton only wanted 2 firsts.
I wouldn't believe anything these media blokes report. 5th hand information.
Anyway I'm getting off your board.
I don't think your posts have been too bad, so not sure you have to worry about any backlash or ban if that's why you're getting off (from what I've seen).

My point is that maybe we would have been happy to accept a 1st and a 2nd, at the death knell, but not earlier. We might have knocked it back (if it was offered) originally, hoping for more and knowing there was still time to come back to it. If that was your limit on what to pay, that should've been your final offer.
You can't expect us to accept an offer that's lower than your best (if that's the case), just because it's in the dying minutes and we are desperate to deal. We weren't desperate and that should have been apparent.

Pick 13 (1212 pts) + Pick 16 2017 (1067pts) = Pick 3. Roo and Justin Reid are idiots.

So 2279 points. Minus 878 points for our second rounder next year going back to them (I'll say pick 21).

Means Adelaide is effectively giving up 1401 points (pick 10) for Gibbs.

You'd really hope Reid put that deal on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... Maybe good on SOS, didn't budge on two firsts and asks for a first and Sloane, 1st and Crouch etc. But, think it's only a short term win for you guys.
Good luck in 17' Hope 13 is a star :)

Genuine question: why will it be different next year? Gibbs will have two years to run on his contract. He'll only be 28. He'll still be one of our best midfielder. What is going to change?

If you mean next year you'll decide to offer us a fair trade, then great. You might actually get the deal done. But what will you have to offer? Your first pick will be 13-15 again, most likely. I see the same thing happening again next year.

In fact, Gibbs may not even bother asking next year. If he knows the Crows won't offer more, why would he? The deal simply won't get done.

Genuine question: why will it be different next year? Gibbs will have two years to run on his contract. He'll only be 28. He'll still be one of our best midfielder. What is going to change?

If you mean next year you'll decide to offer us a fair trade, then great. You might actually get the deal done. But what will you have to offer? Your first pick will be 13-15 again, most likely. I see the same thing happening again next year.

In fact, Gibbs may not even bother asking next year. If he knows the Crows won't offer more, why would he? The deal simply won't get done.
Won't Gibbs asking for a trade get the message through he doesn't want to be at Carlton? It will make you more desperate to move him on I would have thought. You negotiating hard ball won't work twice it will create a PR nightmare? I might looking from the wrong way but it just feels like that. There might still be more to play out or Bryce plays and performs as usual.

what a week for poor Bryce. He just must be inconsolible right n.....

14793997_10157598251780481_204903478_n.png

nevermind.....

what a week for poor Bryce. He just must be inconsolible right n.....

14793997_10157598251780481_204903478_n.png

nevermind.....
Damn he looks really distraught, what a bunch of monsters we are

Won't Gibbs asking for a trade get the message through he doesn't want to be at Carlton? It will make you more desperate to move him on I would have thought. You negotiating hard ball won't work twice it will create a PR nightmare? I might looking from the wrong way but it just feels like that. There might still be more to play out or Bryce plays and performs as usual.
I don't believe Gibbs will ask for a trade next year, his kid will be a year older and extra support around him, plus why bother unless he know a trade can be done.

But if he does and the Crows again fail to trade for him how do you think the PR nightmare would go for The Crows. Plus Port will be in a better position to enter the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back