Bryce Gibbs staying at Carlton - Silvagni in the no blinking zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article/interview with Ross Gibbs on super footy just came out.
Reid wants us to believe Gibbs was put on his desk the Friday before the trade period...seriously full of crap!
Ross says himself Adelaide have tried to get Bryce on a couple of occasions previously and failed. Then went hard at him this time even giving the family assurances they'd get him back to Adelaide..
If the Crows don't sack him then they have no one to blame but themselves.
I heard him contradict himself a couple of times yesterday...the man knows he stuffed this up - huh!!!

Interesting article/interview with Ross Gibbs on super footy just came out.
Reid wants us to believe Gibbs was put on his desk the Friday before the trade period...seriously full of crap!
Ross says himself Adelaide have tried to get Bryce on a couple of occasions previously and failed. Then went hard at him this time even giving the family assurances they'd get him back to Adelaide..
If the Crows don't sack him then they have no one to blame but themselves.
I heard him contradict himself a couple of times yesterday...the man knows he stuffed this up - huh!!!

I reckon there is more to this.

Would not be surprised if someone more important than Reid got nervous about paying up in the last couple of days.

I wouldn't be believing we didn't offer a second round.
http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/...iuto-reveals-story-behind-failed-gibbs-trade/
Listen to this it's verbatim Reid's strategy, Roo is List management executive, his call is final. It makes no sense that we wouldn't have offered a 2nd..
I'm glad we didn't do 2xfirsts. Bryce's manager said what Adelaide offered was fair and reasonable in the post interview, clearly annoyed.
No winner's this year and you called our bluff. I have a feeling same thing happens next year and you lose your position and you will lose him for peanuts.
So... Maybe good on SOS, didn't budge on two firsts and asks for a first and Sloane, 1st and Crouch etc. But, think it's only a short term win for you guys.
Good luck in 17' Hope 13 is a star :)
Hows it a short term win for us? We have him for the next 3 years because after the *up that Reid made of the move, I doubt very much that he will be thinking of going to Adelaide next year. Reid and all your list management guys are out there with their whips flogging the deceased equine claiming that there is still life in that there nag.

As for Bryce's manager... I somehow suspect that he won't be in that position for very long considering that he would have had to collude with Reid, Bryce's former manager, to try and get him to Adelaide so that he can get a massive commission for his efforts. And maybe a big finders fee from Adelaide for getting a contracted player over.

I know he should but I'm pretty sure that Gibbs' manager was in this right up to his neck, he had promised Adelaide & Gibbs that he would be traded and is now blaming Carlton for it not happening.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could kick him, and the same goes for Reid, he sounds like a two-bob used car salesman who wants to rip off everyone he deals with.
Wanted to be the new Dodoro I think... and now has a worse rep than Adrian as being a difficult person to deal with.

I reckon there is more to this.

Would not be surprised if someone more important than Reid got nervous about paying up in the last couple of days.

it is understood Adelaide had virtually guaranteed the family that they would find a way of securing Bryce in a bid to bolster an understrength midfield to take the step from semi-finalist to flag contender.

I once learnt an important lesson.

If someone replies to you or writes something offensive to you on the Internet, ignore it and get on with you day.

You will never ever win and it just becomes a pissing into the wind competition. And we all know how that ends up.
Don't argue with idiots because it lowers you to their level and they beat you with experience :D

Hows it a short term win for us? We have him for the next 3 years because after the ****up that Reid made of the move, I doubt very much that he will be thinking of going to Adelaide next year. Reid and all your list management guys are out there with their whips flogging the deceased equine claiming that there is still life in that there nag.

As for Bryce's manager... I somehow suspect that he won't be in that position for very long considering that he would have had to collude with Reid, Bryce's former manager, to try and get him to Adelaide so that he can get a massive commission for his efforts. And maybe a big finders fee from Adelaide for getting a contracted player over.
It's a **** up because we didn't pay 2 firsts?
I don't think so.
He's not worth it.
We didn't do the deal.
you now have to hope this hasn't damaged your rep or standing with Bryce.
He doesn't play for us

It's a **** up because we didn't pay 2 firsts?
I don't think so.
He's not worth it.
We didn't do the deal.
you now have to hope this hasn't damaged your rep or standing with Bryce.
He doesn't play for us
Our reps fine champ and Gibbs is currently enjoying a holiday with his carlton mates, seems like its all good our side, not sure about reid and your boards opinion of him. Good trade period for you blokes...

reading that article provides even more proof we made the right call. we were in a no lose situation maybee next year when the crowies appoint an experienced list manager if they want to do the deal however we again have nothing to lose - gibba loves the club and really does not want to leave.

lets hope he has an absolute ripper year so we can ask for two firsts and a 2017 second.

Quote from Reid yesterday after trade period finished
We do not believe that would’ve been the case if we were to hand over at least two first-round draft picks or a combination of players, who are crucial to our short and long term success, as was requested."

So it was OK for Crows to consider their short and long term 'success' and planning but what about CFC who were blindsided 5 mins after trade period started being told that a contracted player wanted to leave, I'm sure that we definately had him in our 'short' term plans. Maybe he - Justin Reid thinks that Adelaide FC are the only club that make short and long term plans for contracted players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on your view point, 1 round off may have be massive unders according to Mckay (eg 1st vs 2nd round). Depends on how you look at this.
Doesn't really matter now. These guys are like politicians.

Pretty clear Adelaide didn't even offer 1St and 2Nd.

The reports by journos indicates 13, third and Kelly was your best offer.

Everytime someone asked him what was offered, he skirts the question and doesn't answer in absolutes.

That last minute bullshit future second (and Ned's boy), for our future third.

SoS can do math, he went to Marcelin.

Correct me if I am wrong, but have a strong feeling SOS was studying as some type of valuer as a young man. Given at end of day, list management is very much about get the value of things right I always felt his exploration into list management side of football was perfect fit for him after originally flirting with tv expert commentator on the side, whilst also part time coaching assistant at sides like Saints.
The best part for me was him really seeing it from perspective of GWS at start and then off to normal club with only a pick each round of draft he will know the value of each round picks better than most and knows how important they are each year. Seeing how likely GWS were to turn into a monster meant we have the most ideal person for long term knowing the type of talent on list we need to build up slowly over time. He more than anyone knows how much work is needed and how important every trade on this long journey is and how players contracts and salary cap and age of players are all super important factors.

Give me a decade or two of SOS being manger of list management and importantly strategy, and even if it takes 7 to 8 years I believe we will build the most talented list in the league and then just maintain it very smartly over the long term.
SOS has experienced the full spectrum of seeing how lists degrade or evolve over time.
He grew up seeing the most talented list of players in early 1980s to end up retiring at end of his own career with a list quickly about to goto rock bottom with no decent draft picks to build anew. He has seen from afar for last decade and a bit how that total lack of plan for drafting and salary cap era took us from a power to almost complete ruin as a club.

The statement of contracts mean something under his watch has been a super important week for our club for our long term prospects. We finally got someone that knows the value of our list resources and you cannot just give things away for virtually nothing. Even the statement of giving the lowest ever pick to another club for a player in history shows even the late picks he puts an exact price on. Palmer for pick 99 or 117 is no deal Giants. Will take him for pick 135.
You got to love the attention to detail on value.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back