Rumour Bryce Gibbs & the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Hutchy who just reported this on The Footy Show, Carlton are a fair way away from re-signing Gibbs and the Gold Coast aren't making it easy as they are chasing him.

Thoughts?

With the recent signings of guys like Roughead, Buddy, Cooney & Selwood, attention was always likely to turn to Gibbs soon enough.

Simply moving from one young gun to the next.

It's only round 7 - not worried in the slightest.

We have plenty of money, and will come to the party long before Gibbs takes a step out of the door.

What I am concerned about however is that I am sure that our offer would be more than adequate - if Gibbs is trying to use the GC situation to extort the club somewhat, then that is a very bad sign.

Acts like that don't help build a lasting premiership team.

With the recent signings of guys like Roughead, Buddy, Cooney & Selwood, attention was always likely to turn to Gibbs soon enough.

Simply moving from one young gun to the next.

It's only round 7 - not worried in the slightest.

We have plenty of money, and will come to the party long before Gibbs takes a step out of the door.

What I am concerned about however is that I am sure that our offer would be more than adequate - if Gibbs is trying to use the GC situation to extort the club somewhat, then that is a very bad sign.

Acts like that don't help build a lasting premiership team.

Who's his manager?

Who's his manager?

Not sure.

Managers obviously have to look out for their players, and try and get the best deal possible.

Surely there is a point though that Gibbs could step in if he believed his manager was dragging this out unnecessarily, or asking for too much.

Exactly how much room do have in our salary cap now that the drunken hobo is at the retreads?

Not concerned in the slightest. Pay him what he wants. We're up to our eyeballs in expendable money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure.

Managers obviously have to look out for their players, and try and get the best deal possible.

Surely there is a point though that Gibbs could step in if he believed his manager was dragging this out unnecessarily, or asking for too much.

I worry about managers considering the state rugby league is in. Managers = salary cap issues.

The player we need to sign asap is Russell.

His stocks are rising by the week - we will no doubt have to offer him more than first anticipated you would think.

They're not making it 'easy' because they're offering him 3 times what Carlton are currently paying him.

He will stay but Carlton are sure lucky they have plenty of cap room. He's going to be demanding a fair bit.

I am pretty sure Hutchy's only source is BF.

I have heard from other sources (admittedly on here, BF) that a Carlton young gun was heading North. What I've also heard was that the player had been starved of game time this year, and that's his main reason for heading to the GC.

Sorta rules out Gibbs, if I'm not mistaken.

It's interesting Schoeny, calling him a 'young gun' can have a few implications, but if he were a 'gun' I think he could push out someone like a Houlihan or Jacobs, or certainly Chris Johnson, from the weekend's side.

So, hearing 'gun' makes me think it is more someone that gets regular game time.

As you say, however, if it's the fact he's starved of game-time (especially from a team that wasn't really considered much chop for the 8), I'm not sure how huge his loss will be.

That said - I'd prefer to keep everyone, especially with how vague the compensation packages seem to be.

I have heard from other sources (admittedly on here, BF) that a Carlton young gun was heading North. What I've also heard was that the player had been starved of game time this year, and that's his main reason for heading to the GC.

I wonder if it's that gay player who was supposed to be coming out...:rolleyes:

Grigg maybe?

Gibbs, Grigg, both names that start with G and has 5 letters in it. My bet is Hutchy actually can't read and he just thought of the first player with a name that started with G.

I will know he is staying at Carlton as soon as Greg "King of the whispers" Denham annouces on SEN that he has signed with the Gold Coast.

Until i hear this anything is possible.

Grigg maybe?

Gibbs, Grigg, both names that start with G and has 5 letters in it. My bet is Hutchy actually can't read and he just thought of the first player with a name that started with G.

I was thinking maybe it's Hampson. Whilst he may not be a gun as such, he's still a damn good player. He'd be third or fourth in the pecking order in terms of ruckmen down your way, and he's a mountain of a man too, could help with all the kids they're gonna have running around. Is he signed?

Could well be Grigg, he hasn't played this year at all, has he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back