Rumour Bryce Gibbs & the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking maybe it's Hampson. Whilst he may not be a gun as such, he's still a damn good player. He'd be third or fourth in the pecking order in terms of ruckmen down your way, and he's a mountain of a man too, could help with all the kids they're gonna have running around. Is he signed?

Could well be Grigg, he hasn't played this year at all, has he?

Contracted until the end of 2011, so its not him and he is rated very highly at the club and IMO will be our Number 1 ruckman in years to come.

I'm not concerned that Gibbs hasn't signed. Even though he wanted to go to Adelaide with the father son option, but when the AFL declined the Crows bid and he ended up at Carlton that was the next best thing as his father is great mates with sticks.

I remember his old man coming out and saying Gibbs will be a one club man so i would expect that to ring true. Sticks will also have a very big say in things i would expect.

In terms of money i think as good as Gibbs can be, has shown i think he needs to show more and take the next step before we offer money based on potential. He needs to step up his work in the midfield and take the game on a bit more IMO.

Wouldn't worry about what Hutchy says, to keep his job he needs to keep dishing out big stories, 12 weeks down the track when nothing has happened nobody in the media bring up that he is wrong as he'll have something else cooking....this is a guy who lives in a garbage bin in the street in the hope of finding a pubic hair that might give him a story!

i think it would be obvious the GC would be after him, he's a good fit for them, wouldn't you chase him if you were the GC?

I just hope it doesn't end up with us signing him for some massive over priced sum.

Hutchy has a weekly slot where he absolutely positively MUST come up with a "big story". If he doesn't have anything, he sits there, chubby faced and generally unpopular, looks down the barrel and solemnly "breaks" a wild, unsubstantiated rumour that someone posted on BF. It's what he does. When you're wrong 85% of the time, you've got to be right 15% of the time, hey!?

Sure, Gibbs would be targeted by Gold Coast. They would be an incompetent rabble if they hadn't offered Gibbsy a small fortune to come and captain their team, basically. Will he go or not? Dunno. There's an awful lot of reasons for him to stay at Carlton, and probably an awful lot of money to go to Gold Coast. I'd back him to stay, but you couldn't really blame a young man for taking the money, to be honest, if he did that.

Anyway... what has been rumoured is what absolutely makes sense - Gold Coast are interested in Gibbs. No kidding. That's all. There's nothing new here.

Gibbs is now the 30th player the gold coast has targeted. The media just make up anything they want. Greg Swann has said numerous timesGibbs is going nowhere.I will beleive him over some 'credible' journalist who each week make upstories.

It is unbelivable some of the crap he makesup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy has a weekly slot where he absolutely positively MUST come up with a "big story". If he doesn't have anything, he sits there, chubby faced and generally unpopular, looks down the barrel and solemnly "breaks" a wild, unsubstantiated rumour that someone posted on BF. It's what he does. When you're wrong 85% of the time, you've got to be right 15% of the time, hey!?

Dead right :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Whenever i hear so and so off to the Gold Coast, it means a slow news week.

He won't be going anywhere. I have no inside info, but why would you be a big part of a side rebuilding only to leave when on the verge of success, just to do it all over again? Footballers want flags. All the other young guns are staying, he will too.

Just his management holding out for more cash. He's taking tips from Braddles.

I think Warnock as #1 ruck with kreuzer and Hammer rotating through the forward line...

Unless Hampson & Kruezer improve significantly as forward options, it is unlikely three ruckman would be in the same team together, Kruezer is clearly our no.1 ruckman, right now there is little separating Jacobs,Warnock and Hampson as the 2nd ruck option.

Gibbs is now the 30th player the gold coast has targeted. The media just make up anything they want. Greg Swann has said numerous timesGibbs is going nowhere.I will beleive him over some 'credible' journalist who each week make upstories.

It is unbelivable some of the crap he makesup.

Wouldn't use credible in the same sentence as Hutchy, even with the '..', those two words belong miles apart ;)

Unless Hampson & Kruezer improve significantly as forward options, it is unlikely three ruckman would be in the same team together, Kruezer is clearly our no.1 ruckman, right now there is little separating Jacobs,Warnock and Hampson as the 2nd ruck option.

Except that, you know, Jacobs can actually hit the ball to advtange and Hampson wins more hitouts and (IMO)provides more of a contest around the ground. In my mind Jacobs & Hampson (based on his form last year) are ahead of Warnock by a mile.

I have lot of fiath in Greg Swann and trust him to get the deal done.

In regards to Grigg, from the outside he seems quite happy at the blues and loves his team mates and the club.

I would love swanny to come out this week and put all the rumours to bed but these things take time.

IMO you would have to be stupid to leave the club now after the disaster that was the last decade. Blue skies ahead for our beloved club

I have lot of fiath in Greg Swann and trust him to get the deal done.

In regards to Grigg, from the outside he seems quite happy at the blues and loves his team mates and the club.

I would love swanny to come out this week and put all the rumours to bed but these things take time.

IMO you would have to be stupid to leave the club now after the disaster that was the last decade. Blue skies ahead for our beloved club

I agree about the blue skies, but at the end of the day, players want to play. If someone like a Grigg isn't getting the opportunities he feels he deserves, he'll look elsewhere.

Both Ben Mcglynn and Joey Kennedy felt they were worth first team football, Hawthorn didn't agree, and Sydney did. Off they wen't. I was against it, but at the end of the day they were both starved at Hawthorn and the move (so far) looks to have worked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back