Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

He has to choose you guys 1st. I think he'll go to Saints tbh. I hope some how Adelaide get him and you can keep Gibbs actually lol doubt that though.

On SM-N910G using BigFooty.com mobile app

He wants to come to Melbourne and play for a big club. He may go to Saints they have currency to trade for sure....but not sure Kelly would want to go from a small club to a small club. It's like soccer... top players will eventually want to come to a Real Madrid....Barassi, Kernahan, Bradley, Diesel, Judd.. who is next..

He wants to come to Melbourne and play for a big club. He may go to Saints they have currency to trade for sure....but not sure Kelly would want to go from a small club to a small club. It's like soccer... top players will eventually want to come to a Real Madrid....Barassi, Kernahan, Bradley, Diesel, Judd.. who is next..

Carlton are the AFLs Real Madrid?? Lol. You do realize Real Madrid are a quality team don't you? who actually win titles. Carlton are probably the worst team in the last 30 years overall. You do realize Carlton have 1 premiership in AFL the rest were VFL titles.

Carlton are the AFLs Real Madrid?? Lol. You do realize Real Madrid are a quality team don't you? who actually win titles. Carlton are probably the worst team in the last 30 years overall. You do realize Carlton have 1 premiership in AFL the rest were VFL titles.
I am not too concerned with all of that Real Madrid also had a 20 year drought.

We've been bad for around 17 years... not close to 30, on top of the surely that title goes to Melbourne or Richmond :/

We've been bad for around 17 years... not close to 30, on top of the surely that title goes to Melbourne or Richmond :/

That title has to go to Richmond. At least Melbourne have played in a few finals series & couple of GF's in the past 30 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amazingly there are only 4 teams that have won more premierships in the last 30 years than carlton (2). these are hawthorn, geelong, brisbane and west coast. luckily 1987 just sneaks in.
now if you had if said 20 years well...........

Last edited:
I find it somewhat amusing that Carlton fans are demanding 'two firsts' minimum fro Gibbs. However, at the same time, are generally thinking two firsts for Kelly is overs...

Slight hypocrisy there.

Anyway, as has been said numerous times, it is extremely unlikely a deal will be done. Gibbs will play out his career at Carlton, which is best for both parties.

I find it somewhat amusing that Carlton fans are demanding 'two firsts' minimum fro Gibbs. However, at the same time, are generally thinking two firsts for Kelly is overs...

Slight hypocrisy there.

Anyway, as has been said numerous times, it is extremely unlikely a deal will be done. Gibbs will play out his career at Carlton, which is best for both parties.
The big difference is that Bryce Gibbs is contracted for a further 2 years!!!!
Carlton do not have to trade him. Capiche?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slight hypocrisy there.

There are a couple of factors at play though. Firstly, the 2 first rounders for Kelly would likely be very early first round picks, at least one of them would be a pick 2, 3 or 4. The first rounders for Gibbs are more likely to be around 16-18. There's definitely a higher weighting on those very early picks.

Secondly, one player is contracted, the other isn't. Don't get me wrong, I think think that's as big a factor as some are making out, but it doesn't factor into negotiations.

Personally, I think Bryce's value is probably a mid first round pick. Pick 8-12 would probably get the job done on its own. As Adelaide won't have a pick in that range, something else will need to be put into play.

As for Kelly, I would think pick 3 plus a player or early 2nd round pick is about on the mark, especially if he nominates a club.

Slight hypocrisy there.

It's amusing that you seem to think all first rounders are of equal value

Slight hypocrisy there.

Doesn't have to be for Picks IMO

Gibbs for Galluci and Wayne Milera would be fair deal

Crows keep their picks and get Bryce Gibbs. Milera and Jordan Galluci combined not on Gibbs level and can develop elsewhere

Doesn't have to be for Picks IMO

Gibbs for Galluci and Wayne Milera would be fair deal

Crows keep their picks and get Bryce Gibbs. Milera and Jordan Galluci combined not on Gibbs level and can develop elsewhere
But they are both contracted. Gibbs and your 1st round pick doesn't sound unreasonable. Does it?

On SM-N910G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should should make a bid for both players then if they want a genuine crack at the Premiership

Lever will most likely leave
Gibbs being a contracted player puts the ball in Carlton's court, a situation which is undesirable for Adelaide given that they have other options available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back